Any update on Shields?

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard he left practice early today and had ice wrapped on his knee... Can't seem to find a transcript from the McCarthy presser either. Really hope it's nothing serious and he's just taking it easy...

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope the coaches are working on getting him to run with intent. He seems hesitant at times but he's a work in progress. It's funny how the Pack are doing so well, and a lot of our players are "a work in progress"

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
just goes to show you there is raw talent out there that isnt necessarily an early draft pick

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that we are concerned about Sam Shields' health in week 17 is incredible.

A few months ago the debate on him was whether he would even make the 53-man roster. He is now a key player both on defense and on the KO return team - and his rise to these positions is not due to injury to others ahead of him on the depth chart (I'm not including Harris because he was not available at the beginning of the year). He has gotten to this point with his natural God-given talent and a lot of hard work during the season to make himself a better player.

I know, it's awesome finding these guys that nobody else wanted and they turn into solid contributors.

McCarthy said today however that he wasn't overly concerned with Shields and that he expects him to play Sunday.

Fingers crossed...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here

Shields has strange pain - JSOnline

Shields said McKenzie did stability tests on the knee and found it to be in good shape. Shields may undergo an MRI to see if there's a hidden problem, but he insisted there is no way he'll miss the game against the Chicago Bears.
"He said everything was normal," Shields said. "That's crazy, isn't it? He said it could be because I'm not used to a long season, certain parts of your joint might get tired on you. I'll be good for Sunday though. I'll be good."

Members online

Latest posts