1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

America's Team

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by 13 Times Champs, Dec 22, 2011.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
  2. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Ugh this subject is talked about way too much.

3. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    To me, that shows we have a lot of fairweather fans. Case in point, Tim Tebow most popular QB!, REALLY? Ugh! :tdown:

4. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +484
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    better nickname

Titletown > Americas team

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    LOL the Cowboys were voted as America's "least favorite" team.

Dallas never was "America's Team" they were always the band wagon team. America likes winners, that's why everyone loves the Yankess and Lakers. When I was a young man and Dallas won it back to back, Cowboy fans were everywhere. They were no where to be found when they had a losing season, like last season.

You better believe there is a ton of band wagon Packer fans that were downing the team a few years ago for getting rid of Number 4. They didn't want us then, but they want us now that we win lol, typical Band wagon fans.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +484

Vote for THE PACKERS .http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/136069203.html The Packer fans are killing the cowboys on this Dallas poll.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
  9. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Only reason they got that name is in the 70's the NFC was a really weak conferance and the Cowboys were the power house of the NFC so the networks were always showing Cowboys games. Then Tex painted the Red and Blue stripes on either side of the 20 yard line. I am driving around out here in So Cal and I see tons of Chargers, Raiders and Dallas decals on cars. When I look at who is driving those cars I am glad they are not packer fans. I am driving my Packer Mobile so I am always looking for Packfans. When I do run across a packer car I can usually relate to the driver.

A couple of years ago when I was driving a buick that had my Packer hard hat in the back window this character riding an old bike with a really big mustache and a cool helmet and Goggles (you never see anybody out here wearing goggles) gave me the thumbs up. I thought he was thanking me for pulling over a bit and giving him room to get by. then he pulled up in front of me and started pointing to his Wisconsin plates. Love it when I meet another Pack fan. We are not Americas team. We are The Peoples Team.

10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,862
    Why not? They are led by America's Quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Has that been coined yet? I think we have to start getting that one out there. Lay claim to that title.

11. PackersFan28

PackersFan28 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Just confirms there are a ton of Packers bandwagon fans out there right now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Packers were also 3rd in the "least favorite" team. :barefoot:

13. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,304
    When Tom Landry was coach and they had a different owner, the Cowboys were an extremely respectable organization. When Jones and Johnson came in, they won, but their rep went right down the crapper. The Packers, however, with shares in the hands of Americans all over can truly lay claim to the title. Once again the Packers are a classy organization.

• Like Like x 1
  14. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    "America's Team" was coined by some dumba$$ Dallas Morning News sportswriter and the Cowbag's PR department picked it up and ran with it. Further proof that "The Big Lie" is indeed a viable marketing tool. Same goes for the term "The Super Bowl" ... again ... nothing more than a marketing schtick dreamed up by the NFL after a sportswriter used the term.
    "Titletown" ... I don't think I've ever heard anyone in Green Bay refer to their hometown as "Titletown".

Hate to be a poopie pants ... but it's all hype to me and I just don't buy into it...be it NFL hype, political hype or just plain "spin" ... ain't buyin' it, but thanks for the offer.

15. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Poopie Pants???:whistling:

16. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

True.
    Tom Landry was one of the coolest coaches ever for coming up with the 4-3 defense, and I believe he was the first to actually build 2 Tight end sets into an offense. He took heat for running scores up, but back then the only people that complained about running it up was losers. He coached a league full of men, and not cry babies.
    I like Jimmy Johnson, but I absolutely hate Jerry Jones. Without Johnson, Dallas never would have won anything after Jerry bought the team. But what I do love from Jerry Jones is when the Cowboys are losing and he's on the sidelines bitching his coach out. There ain't nothing money can buy to replace the laughter from that. It's 24-3 in the 4th quarter and what's happening on the sidelines? The owner is bitching everyone out LOL

17. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Yep...I have another name for it but there may be impressionable kids here. ;)

• Like Like x 1