I am a Cowboys fan, and we suck.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't really care, it's just that the girls would come into the bar and plug 2 hours worth of damn Madonna songs on the Disc jukebox and I couldn't leave. I was captive.
If I were in a bar full of young women dressed similar to Madonna, I'd find it difficult to leave also. I'd have to find my eyeballs first and pop them back in.

OP
OP
W

WeCowboysSuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m in Dallas territory and my Wife is a Cowboys fan. I kinda felt bad for her and I wasn’t expecting that. So I’m not going to beat on you because I lived through the 70’s and 80’s as a Packer fan. I don’t want to bring that upon myself. I’ve learned I serve the God of what comes around goes around and I’m being deadly serious. That’s what he said. Do unto others…

The Cowboys didn’t do anything the Packers have not done. I remember the finish to our 2011, 15-1 season.
I fully understand. It was a beatdown in front of the hometown and hard to watch. I don’t want that for any fan. I like a big win, but I also like a real good fight. Just my opinion.
I’m just glad the image I had to share didn’t end up on ESPN at the time. I don’t think my hometown could’ve handled seeing that on top of the defeat.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello, Green Bay. My favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, suck.

You Packers are just too good.
I lost several wagers with my roommate the night we were booted from the playoffs.
One of them being I have to come on here and endure any roasts and bants you lot have for us Dallas Cowgirls.
I'm not gonna slam someone this honest, not even a 'Boys fan. And most of us Packer fans here feel the frustration of having a very good team during the regular season, only to implode when it counts.

And as far as that game, I'm now not terribly surprised the Packers won. They actually developed quickly into a good team. I am surprised at how lopsided it was and how completely unprepared the Cowboys were. At home no less. For the sake of Cowboys' fans, I was hoping Jerry would fire MM, who just can't win big games with very good teams. If a team isn't ready on a big stage like that, it's the HC's fault IMO. We lived that in GB.

I didn't realize it's been since 95, and two Packer SB wins, since the Cowboys were even in the NFCCG. All fans suffer. BB said it best - at the end of the season there is one winner and 31 plane crashes.

Anyway, thanks for being brutally honest.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the NFL would show those clips at the Superbowl instead of the expected shots of Taylor Swift, I would watch the game.
Oh man it's off topic, but I am with you. I am truly sick of the Taylor Swift cuts during a game. I hate the Niners, but I really hope they wipe the grating grins off Taylor and the rest of the Chiefs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Touch" exists on a spectrum... on one end of the spectrum, you have the Midas Touch, where (as you say) everything turns to gold.

One the other end of the spectrum, you will find the McCarthy Touch. Where everything you touch between September 1 until about December 31 turns to gold, and you run up a .620 career record - but also where everything you touch turns to **** on January 1st of each year, and your record drops to .500.

To be fair, I think McCarthy is a really good coach up to a point, but once you reach the postseaon the game changes. It's not just a different level; the game itself is played differently - and I don't think McCarthy has ever understood that. And even if he does, he doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

And that's what happened to Dallas last month. He got his team to the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row, which is something a lot of decent coaches never accomplish even once in their career, amd I give the man credit for that. But as we've seen happen here n Green Bay over and over again, he got totally outcoached right from the kickoff and there was not a damned thing he could do about it except to stand there looking at his clipboard and wonder what was happening to him again and why it was happening again.

And this time, it was the Packer coach who was handing his *** to him and ragdolling him up one side of the field and down the other. I always liked Dallas and their fan base, and I felt a little sorry for them that all that dismal mediocrity is their cross to bear now instead of ours.

Sorry, Dallas fans.... the truth of the matter is, this is your fate for as long as McCarthy is standing there on your sidleline every January. This is who he is, this is what he does, and it will always be so.
Well said. I think the problem with MM is that in the playoffs, and when he gets a lead, he plays not to lose. That's not apropos of the last game where the Cowboys got slaughtered. But yeah, he has two versions of the Midas Touch.

And you make another good point that I thought all HCs understood - the playoffs are different. There is no next week, which is painfully obvious. But of all the MM post season disappointments, this was the biggest one. That team was just not ready and my only guess is that MM and the rest of the coaches were looking past the Packers.

Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. I don't think MM even had a plan, and he got punched in the mouth early and often by the Packers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said. I think the problem with MM is that in the playoffs, and when he gets a lead, he plays not to lose. That's not apropos of the last game where the Cowboys got slaughtered. But yeah, he has two versions of the Midas Touch.

And you make another good point that I thought all HCs understood - the playoffs are different. There is no next week, which is painfully obvious. But of all the MM post season disappointments, this was the biggest one. That team was just not ready and my only guess is that MM and the rest of the coaches were looking past the Packers.

Mike Tyson said everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. I don't think MM even had a plan, and he got punched in the mouth early and often by the Packers.
If I was a coordinator, I would anticipate how my opponent will adjust. And I would have those counter adjustments figured out. Then how would they respond again. I would employee my adjusted gameplan when I see their formations or personnel changes. One of my beefs with Barry - could not adjust quickly enough if at all.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was a coordinator, I would anticipate how my opponent will adjust. And I would have those counter adjustments figured out. Then how would they respond again. I would employee my adjusted gameplan when I see their formations or personnel changes. One of my beefs with Barry - could not adjust quickly enough if at all.
Well the guys who do what you suggest are the guys who win a lot more than they lose. There are also a lot of guys like Barry - pretty decent coaches but just not able to keep up with the speed of the NFL - that applies to players and also to coordinators, HCs. And on top of spotting counter moves and then adjusting during a game, all these changes need to be communicated in seconds from the booth or sideline to the field.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was something Holmgren excelled at. He came in with a Plan A, and a broad, loosely structured Plan B. He'd throw his Plan A out there for the first series, and watch how the other team adapted to it. You could just see it happening - the first 10 or 15 plays, it was like, "OK, let's see how you respond to this." The other team would adapt, and Holmgren would exploit the adaptations throughout the first half.

By the end of the half, he'd have a good grasp of what the other team was going to try to do, and he'd make his halftime adjustments. It was the 2nd half where he'd win the game. Yu\ou just knew that when Green Bay got its first possession in the 3rd, that's when the game was realy starting. That was when he did what he came there to do.

McCarthy was never capable of that. His game plan seemed to be "just score a ton of points and hope they don't score more." When what he was doing didn't work, he'd just stand there with that dumb look on his face, like "Huh. I'll be damned. I never expected them to do that!" The entire game, just like we saw in the wild card game.

When I was a kid, my parents had a miniature schnauzer (for some reason), and while he was a nice enough dog, he was dumb as a rock. We had an above-ground pool, and my dad and I built a deck all the way around it, about 3 feet off the ground - too high for the dog to jump. The only way up was the stairs.

But that damned fool dog never figured that out. When we were up on the deck, he'd try to get up there with us, and the only thing he could come up with was to jump up and down and bark like a maniac. 15, 20 times, he'd just jump as high as he could (which was maybe halfway up at best) and bark constantly. Then he'd stop, sit down, and look confused as hell.

Like, "Damn, that didn't work... I wonder what I should do next.... I know! I'll jump up and down and bark like an idiot!" Which he would then do, until he was exhausted again. THen he'd sit there, and think it over... "Huh. I was sure that would work... hmmm... now what? Wait! How about I just jump up an ddown and bark my head off!!" And off he'd go, until he was exhausted again.

Then he'd sit there again, looking confused.... "I can't believe it still isn't working. Maybe I'm not barking loud enough."

And on and on, untl one of us would get up, go down the stairs, scoop him up, and carry him up on the deck.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I watched McCarthy standing on the sidelines in a playoff game with the exact same look on his face as that dog had. Just, "Damn! I can't beieve this isn't working. I'll just keep doing it until it does."

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman had the same failing. The Eagles "4th and 26" game in 2004 was a classic example. Green Bay played very well in the first half, and comfortably handled a strong Philadelphia team. At halftime, Sherman told the team he was proud of them for playing so aggressively, and urged them to keep their foot on the gas. He promised them, "if you don't quit on me, I wont quit on you".

With about 8 minutes to go, and a 17-14 lead, Green Bay took a punt at about their own 20, and put together a tough, 5 or 6 minute drive that put them 4th and a very short 1 at about the Eagles 40. Green Bay was rolling, and Favre and the team wanted badly to go for it, but Sherman sent out the punt team. Instead of doubling down, he folded, and Philadelphia got the ball back. A minute and a half later, they converted that damned 4th and 26, and went on to win the game.

The 4th and 26 wasn't the whole story of that game; the 4th and 1 a minute earlier was just as much the story as the 4th and 26. The players were not happy about it at all, and there were some bitter remarks made in the locker room after the game. Some of the players said they felt betrayed; they'd done their part, and fought hard, but felt their coach didn't believe in them. I think one of the defensive backs was particularly upset about it, but can't recall which one. Maybe someone else will remember that. But when Sherman was fired a year later, some of the players said that Eagles game was where he started to lose the team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man it's off topic, but I am with you. I am truly sick of the Taylor Swift cuts during a game. I hate the Niners, but I really hope they wipe the grating grins off Taylor and the rest of the Chiefs.
I'll take booth shots of TS over Jones or Kraft or any other owner; except a few typically have a granddaughter type person next to them that turns heads.
And on and on, untl one of us would get up, go down the stairs, scoop him up, and carry him up on the deck.
And this was the dog's game plan from the start. Had you well trained. Sorta like you asking a girl out every day until she finally relents.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take booth shots of TS over Jones or Kraft or any other owner; except a few typically have a granddaughter type person next to them that turns heads.

And this was the dog's game plan from the start. Had you well trained. Sorta like you asking a girl out every day until she finally relents.
Hmm... yeah; maybe Buster wasn't as dumb as I thought he was... lol!

OP
OP
W

WeCowboysSuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Can you delete the picture I posted ._.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Touch" exists on a spectrum... on one end of the spectrum, you have the Midas Touch, where (as you say) everything turns to gold.

One the other end of the spectrum, you will find the McCarthy Touch. Where everything you touch between September 1 until about December 31 turns to gold, and you run up a .620 career record - but also where everything you touch turns to **** on January 1st of each year, and your record drops to .500.

To be fair, I think McCarthy is a really good coach up to a point, but once you reach the postseaon the game changes. It's not just a different level; the game itself is played differently - and I don't think McCarthy has ever understood that. And even if he does, he doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

And that's what happened to Dallas last month. He got his team to the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row, which is something a lot of decent coaches never accomplish even once in their career, amd I give the man credit for that. But as we've seen happen here n Green Bay over and over again, he got totally outcoached right from the kickoff and there was not a damned thing he could do about it except to stand there looking at his clipboard and wonder what was happening to him again and why it was happening again.

And this time, it was the Packer coach who was handing his *** to him and ragdolling him up one side of the field and down the other. I always liked Dallas and their fan base, and I felt a little sorry for them that all that dismal mediocrity is their cross to bear now instead of ours.

Sorry, Dallas fans.... the truth of the matter is, this is your fate for as long as McCarthy is standing there on your sidleline every January. This is who he is, this is what he does, and it will always be so.
I just saw this and it's a good summary of where MM is now as a coach. It wasn't always so, SBs aren't won by mistake and he has one. But he now coaches not to lose rather than to win. I don't know when it started but it was on display in the disaster in Seattle in the NFCCG for the 2014 season.

The game changes very quickly, and coaches need to keep up. MM is stuck in the past. Or stuck in regular season mode, where there is always a "next week".

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Can you delete the picture I posted ._.
Well... now you're just another guy who doesn't wear his underwear over his head -- so much for individuality.

Personally, I thought it was a very flattering Chinese laundry pull. Your loss brother. :roflmao::roflmao:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello, Green Bay. My favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, suck.

You Packers are just too good.
I lost several wagers with my roommate the night we were booted from the playoffs.
One of them being I have to come on here and endure any roasts and bants you lot have for us Dallas Cowgirls.
Welp...the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Members online

Latest posts