I am a Cowboys fan, and we suck.

WeCowboysSuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello, Green Bay. My favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys, suck.

You Packers are just too good.
I lost several wagers with my roommate the night we were booted from the playoffs.
One of them being I have to come on here and endure any roasts and bants you lot have for us Dallas Cowgirls.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Man... if you were a Bears fan, I'd accommodate you. If you were a Vikings fan, I'd help you out.

But... your guys won 12 games and that's not sucking. Have you heard of the Midas Touch? Where everything you touch turns to gold? Well, your guys experienced the Midas Touch in Reverse. Everything they touched turned to sh*t. Just one of those games.

I wish I felt comfortable needling you but man ... we've been on the receiving end of that kind of game too often - make no mistake about it - I wish I could...
;)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I lost several wagers with my roommate the night we were booted from the playoffs.
One of them being I have to come on here and endure any roasts and bants you lot have for us Dallas Cowgirls.
I still have a lot of respect for Mike McCarthy. I don't think he is a great coach, but he is good. But he always was far classier than most.

I appreciate Dak and Parsons. Don't appreciate the owner, and glad we don't have to deal with a Jerry Jones. Kind of feel badly for Cowboy fans.

Hang in there, but the next 14 years or so, Love is going to just keep getting better and better.

OP
OP
W

WeCowboysSuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man... if you were a Bears fan, I'd accommodate you. If you were a Vikings fan, I'd help you out.

But... your guys won 12 games and that's not sucking. Have you heard of the Midas Touch? Where everything you touch turns to gold? Well, your guys experienced the Midas Touch in Reverse. Everything they touched turned to sh*t. Just one of those games.

I wish I felt comfortable needling you but man ... we've been on the receiving end of that kind of game too often - make no mistake about it - I wish I could...
;)
I was talking mad crap to my roommate on game day. Imagine my silence when we lost.

If you must.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was talking mad crap to my roommate on game day. Imagine my silence when we lost.

If you must.
At least you didn't agree to ride a tricycle in your underwear on a busy street like the guy in the commercial. There's that...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Why this board? Is your roommate a member? If not, why not? Or did you just google for the best packerforum.com and picked the first one?

OP
OP
W

WeCowboysSuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least you didn't agree to ride a tricycle in your underwear on a busy street like the guy in the commercial. There's that...
There was another underwear related thing I had to endure.

The wedgie of a lifetime ._.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Living in the heart of Cowboys country, and being a Packer fan, I have enjoyed the last several years of us taking them to the woodshed.

There's no hate for the Cowboys on my part. But, I will admit, I don't like Jerry Jones one iota. It goes all the way back to when he fired Tom Landry. I was a Packer fan, but I thought Landry was a class act, and his players had to fit into that mold.

Anyhow, as long as you have Jones deciding he's the ultimate guru of football, and owns the team, I'll keep sticking pins into his voodoo doll, and putting curses on the Cowboys on the field.

I'd like to say better luck next year, but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys 0-16. I like watching Jones come unglued in his private box, and people slowly moving away from him when they're falling behind. I've found that's something I enjoy, but I despise his smug look, and attitude, when they're winning, and people are gathering close to him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to say better luck next year, but in all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys 0-16. I like watching Jones come unglued in his private box, and people slowly moving away from him when they're falling behind. I've found that's something I enjoy, but I despise his smug look, and attitude, when they're winning, and people are gathering close to him.
If the NFL would show those clips at the Superbowl instead of the expected shots of Taylor Swift, I would watch the game.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the NFL would show those clips at the Superbowl instead of the expected shots of Taylor Swift, I would watch the game.
Showing shots of celebs at all sports is very common. The whole thing about showing Swift doesn't have any effect on the game, but it does increase the viewing audience, despite all the rankling by people who say they ain't watching the games because she's being shown.

The loss of a few people watching it certainly doesn't match the increase in viewership that they've gotten with her being there. So, I guess they don't give a rat's **** what anyone thinks.

Here's a little blurb in the media.

What impact did Taylor Swift have on the NFL?
That has had a huge impact on the NFL. The league had its highest regular season viewership among women since it began tracking in 2000. Research by the Apex Marketing Group says Swift's association with the NFL has added the equivalent of around $330 million in brand value to the Chiefs and the league.

So, the score is the NFL & Swifties 1, those against her 0.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Showing shots of celebs at all sports is very common. The whole thing about showing Swift doesn't have any effect on the game, but it does increase the viewing audience, despite all the rankling by people who say they ain't watching the games because she's being shown.

The loss of a few people watching it certainly doesn't match the increase in viewership that they've gotten with her being there. So, I guess they don't give a rat's **** what anyone thinks.

Here's a little blurb in the media.

What impact did Taylor Swift have on the NFL?
That has had a huge impact on the NFL. The league had its highest regular season viewership among women since it began tracking in 2000. Research by the Apex Marketing Group says Swift's association with the NFL has added the equivalent of around $330 million in brand value to the Chiefs and the league.

So, the score is the NFL & Swifties 1, those against her 0.
Not against her. I'm opposed to making her a focal point.

The gains in viewers are in the precocious 7 -16 year old female demographic. This has offset the grumpy 50 - 75 year old demographic (me).

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The gains in viewers are in the precocious 7 -16 year old female demographic. This has offset the grumpy 50 - 75 year old demographic (me).
They show shots of fans in the stands all the time. Celebrities get special mention. She's no different than anyone else. At almost every Packer game, where Biles was in attendance, they played it up. It doesn't matter, because they aren't talking to her and interviewing her about her music in the middle of a play on the field, and aren't allowing it to interrupt the flow of the game either.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you heard of the Midas Touch? Where everything you touch turns to gold? Well, your guys experienced the Midas Touch in Reverse.

"Touch" exists on a spectrum... on one end of the spectrum, you have the Midas Touch, where (as you say) everything turns to gold.

One the other end of the spectrum, you will find the McCarthy Touch. Where everything you touch between September 1 until about December 31 turns to gold, and you run up a .620 career record - but also where everything you touch turns to **** on January 1st of each year, and your record drops to .500.

To be fair, I think McCarthy is a really good coach up to a point, but once you reach the postseaon the game changes. It's not just a different level; the game itself is played differently - and I don't think McCarthy has ever understood that. And even if he does, he doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

And that's what happened to Dallas last month. He got his team to the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row, which is something a lot of decent coaches never accomplish even once in their career, amd I give the man credit for that. But as we've seen happen here n Green Bay over and over again, he got totally outcoached right from the kickoff and there was not a damned thing he could do about it except to stand there looking at his clipboard and wonder what was happening to him again and why it was happening again.

And this time, it was the Packer coach who was handing his *** to him and ragdolling him up one side of the field and down the other. I always liked Dallas and their fan base, and I felt a little sorry for them that all that dismal mediocrity is their cross to bear now instead of ours.

Sorry, Dallas fans.... the truth of the matter is, this is your fate for as long as McCarthy is standing there on your sidleline every January. This is who he is, this is what he does, and it will always be so.

Reaction score
I’m in Dallas territory and my Wife is a Cowboys fan. I kinda felt bad for her and I wasn’t expecting that. So I’m not going to beat on you because I lived through the 70’s and 80’s as a Packer fan. I don’t want to bring that upon myself. I’ve learned I serve the God of what comes around goes around and I’m being deadly serious. That’s what he said. Do unto others…

The Cowboys didn’t do anything the Packers have not done. I remember the finish to our 2011, 15-1 season.
I fully understand. It was a beatdown in front of the hometown and hard to watch. I don’t want that for any fan. I like a big win, but I also like a real good fight. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

We have a number of young ladies where I work that worship the very ground she walks on. I love needling them by saying ... "What's her name again? This...bubblegum singer that you kids love so much ... uhhh... Taylor Dane?" I just can't help myself. (I wouldn't know Taylor Dane from Andy Taylor - yet there I am ... diggin' at the kids.) Before that it was ... Brittney ... the only one that truly ground my beans was Madonna.... just couldn't get it. So many young college age woman walking around in fishnet stuff. Anyway, "The day the music died"???, wasn't really the day Buddy died in the plane crash ... it was the day Madonna's first video was released on MTV. ;) I didn't really care, it's just that the girls would come into the bar and plug 2 hours worth of damn Madonna songs on the Disc jukebox and I couldn't leave. I was captive.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a number of young ladies where I work that worship the very ground she walks on. I love needling them by saying ... "What's her name again? This...bubblegum singer that you kids love so much ... uhhh... Taylor Dane?" I just can't help myself. (I wouldn't know Taylor Dane from Andy Taylor - yet there I am ... diggin' at the kids.) Before that it was ... Brittney ... the only one that truly ground my beans was Madonna.... just couldn't get it. So many young college age woman walking around in fishnet stuff. Anyway, "The day the music died"???, wasn't really the day Buddy died in the plane crash ... it was the day Madonna's first video was released on MTV. ;) I didn't really care, it's just that the girls would come into the bar and plug 2 hours worth of damn Madonna songs on the Disc jukebox and I couldn't leave. I was captive.
You might say that when they played Maddona on the jukebox, you were behind bars and couldn't escape! ;)

Members online

Latest posts