1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

America's Game: Super Bowl XLV

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by VersusTheMoose, Feb 10, 2011.

1. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    Not the caliber of program I expected, I'm really disappointed at the lack of DD. Aside from Wood, he's the heart and soul of the team. Still a goosebump-worthy show nonetheless. I just can't get enough of last season! Here's to outdoing the magic of 2010 in 2011 :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    The guy that produces it (Dave Douglas) was on ESPNMilwaukee earlier today and I was listening to him. He said this was the hardest time he's ever had trying to fit all the stuff he had into only 1 of hour. And he's been doing it for 30 some years.

3. Pacal

Pacal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    Just search YouTube for Green Bay Packers. Then "Sort by" and "upload date."

They only allow 3 people to commentate. 4 would make it to crowded.

Remember, this is, in reality, a 42-minute show.

Plus, they don't repeat talking heads. So Aaron Rodgers, if he wins 3 more Super Bowls, won't be part of America's Game (unless something crazy happens). Tom Brady is only in one. Joe Montana is only in one. So is Terry Bradshaw.

(Bill Curry from the Super Bowl I Packers is the only talking head to repeat, and he appears in the Baltimore Colts one.)

They couldn't focus on everybody because they had to go far back to tell the story of the past few seasons. (Favre, etc.)

They didn't even mention Ted Thompson. But you can't include mentioning everybody without diminishing the final product.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    NFL Films thought that Driver didn't have an important enough contribution to the season as the others chosen, plus he only had 1 signature moment in the whole season. And he didn't have the national appeal of the others.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    DD would have been a great choice as a presenter, so would have kevin greeene as a future hofer to get his first ring as a coach is something. Thompson is a terrible interview so I understand not pushing that one. Clay would have been entertaining.

Better yet they could have interviewed Favre. I would love to see him talking about the packers winning the title without him. ;)

6. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    idk what you guys are talking about, it was AWESOME! loved it. I mean I guess it could've been better, but still great!

7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Then they need to change that "rule". That's dumb. If Rodgers is the MVP next year, and in the Super Bowl, he should be doing it again. Why deny it?

I DVRd it last week, still haven't watched it yet. Waiting til my parents come over and can watch it.

8. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    I think they rushed the ending. They barely show the last incompletion and the next thing you know it's over.