America's Game: Super Bowl XLV

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The guy that produces it (Dave Douglas) was on ESPNMilwaukee earlier today and I was listening to him. He said this was the hardest time he's ever had trying to fit all the stuff he had into only 1 of hour. And he's been doing it for 30 some years.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if somebody has a torrent/link, please post.

Just search YouTube for Green Bay Packers. Then "Sort by" and "upload date."

Why the hell wasn't Donald Driver in this program! Very disappointed in that.

They only allow 3 people to commentate. 4 would make it to crowded.

Remember, this is, in reality, a 42-minute show.

Plus, they don't repeat talking heads. So Aaron Rodgers, if he wins 3 more Super Bowls, won't be part of America's Game (unless something crazy happens). Tom Brady is only in one. Joe Montana is only in one. So is Terry Bradshaw.

(Bill Curry from the Super Bowl I Packers is the only talking head to repeat, and he appears in the Baltimore Colts one.)

They couldn't focus on everybody because they had to go far back to tell the story of the past few seasons. (Favre, etc.)

They didn't even mention Ted Thompson. But you can't include mentioning everybody without diminishing the final product.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the hell wasn't Donald Driver in this program! Very disappointed in that.
NFL Films thought that Driver didn't have an important enough contribution to the season as the others chosen, plus he only had 1 signature moment in the whole season. And he didn't have the national appeal of the others.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DD would have been a great choice as a presenter, so would have kevin greeene as a future hofer to get his first ring as a coach is something. Thompson is a terrible interview so I understand not pushing that one. Clay would have been entertaining.

Better yet they could have interviewed Favre. I would love to see him talking about the packers winning the title without him. ;)

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk what you guys are talking about, it was AWESOME! loved it. I mean I guess it could've been better, but still great!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They only allow 3 people to commentate. 4 would make it to crowded.

Plus, they don't repeat talking heads. So Aaron Rodgers, if he wins 3 more Super Bowls, won't be part of America's Game (unless something crazy happens). Tom Brady is only in one. Joe Montana is only in one. So is Terry Bradshaw.
Then they need to change that "rule". That's dumb. If Rodgers is the MVP next year, and in the Super Bowl, he should be doing it again. Why deny it?

I DVRd it last week, still haven't watched it yet. Waiting til my parents come over and can watch it.

Members online

Latest posts