All Capers Threads merged

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His draft picks haven't been producing lately? I'll give you that some of them have been injured, but this past years rookie class has made a huge impact. Lacy, Bakhtiari, Jones, Hyde etc.
The names Perry, Sherrod, Worthy, Green come to mind. He can't miss on that many high round picks. I realize Perry plays but he is also constantly injured and just a guy so far when he is in there.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've found the issue! Capers is also the DC for Georgia. This is the ending of yesterday's Georgia-Auburn game. Obviously Capers can't handle both:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I post this in mild jest because it looks just like the DeSean Jackson TD vs the Eagles. Capers is obviously not the DC at Georgia but the similarity in plays is there.

The rest of the story is here: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ary-beats-georgia-and-the-internet-melts-down

I saw that and immediately thought of that Eagles TD last week.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree as a general statement, that you've got to fire Capers and even TT likely. I mean, there's no way we could ever win a Super Bowl with these clowns.. oh wait ;)

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I still say that TT is a very good GM, he needs to be evaluated on the players that are making an impact that he brings to the team. Fact is that last year's defensive-oriented draft class has not produces as it should have. I fail to see why TT gets a pass on that draft class because guys have been hurt but it's Capers' fault that our defense is suffering. That's like firing the pizza delivery guy for not delivering pizzas because the cook didn't make any pizzas.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree as a general statement, that you've got to fire Capers and even TT likely. I mean, there's no way we could ever win a Super Bowl with these clowns.. oh wait ;)
So stellar D for two years then poo for the next 3. Sorry but the SB from 3 seasons ago excuse is starting to wear thin. I don't even care about where they rank anymore. No I'm not saying that I want them #1 every year, all the time. But I want to see them field a competitive unit, which they have been failing at recently. I believe that we do have mostly the personnel to get it done, so coaches are a logical scapegoat.

But let's turn LTF's fav question back around. Instead of who do we hire if we fire Capers; how about: who do we get rid of player wise? Who is ignoring what is being coached to the point that it is a detriment to the team's performance?

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't post very much but I can't take it anymore, Capers has to go, a high school coach could have put together a better game plan to stop the 9ers last year in the playoffs, then he has all off season to study and Kaepernick has his one good game career game throwing the ball, how bad does the Cincy loss look now considering the D could not get stop, no turnovers most of year, no 3 and outs, they miss tackles left and right, Ponder's two career games have come against the Packers...as I write this the D has once again let a team out of jail(inside the 10), oh that reminds me of the Bears loss and the Eagles loss both with back-up QBs at home(although Foles is pretty darn good)! CAPERS HAS TO GO!

Just to be fair TT needs some real accountability and don't tell me about injuries, anyone feel great about the Morgan Burnett money giveaway? He has been horrible all year! To me that is why Capers has to go because someone with a fresh eye has to come in and look at the talent and see what he can do with the talent TT has accumulated...if that DC struggles then it would seem to be more about the talent.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sick to death of excuses for this guy. Get rid of him FFS. But you watch, McCarthy won't do it. He'll spout out the usual platitudes that say nothing and mean nothing and our defense will continue to never win us a game.

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sick to death of excuses for this guy. Get rid of him FFS. But you watch, McCarthy won't do it. He'll spout out the usual platitudes that say nothing and mean nothing and our defense will continue to never win us a game.
I loved his year end press conference right after getting torched by the 40 whiners...the part where he gets all salty when someone suggests dum capers is on the hot seathot seat

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I see a pattern with Capers. Very dynamic when he first arrives somewhere either as a HC(Panthers,Texans) or a DC(us). He does exceptional when he first gets there but after he has been there a while he seems to get complacent because of the success at the beginning of his stint he NEVER changes and teams catch on to his scheme and move on and leave his D in the dust. Maybe the Packers need to move on
I am still waiting to see if anyone else besides Clay can block a pass or do DC,s coach this….

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
When ever they show Capers blowing invisible smoke in the air, he's probably saying (Damn Packer Thread people are going to roast my Chestnuts again….

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting stat

Three weeks ago, the Packers had a top-five run defense.

In the past three games, the Packers have surrendered 514 yards rushing. In the first six games of the season, they allowed just 474 yards rushing.

Odd that the same time Rodgers left, the defense left.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting stat

Odd that the same time Rodgers left, the defense left.

Rodgers was able to cover up short comings of the D because hardly played from behind all the time. Also Rodgers affected opposing offenses because they felt they had to score in order to keep pace with Rodgers. Rodgers affects Offense and Defense performance.

The 15-1 season is proof of that. Rodgers was able to carry the short comings of the D because Rodgers scored almost everytime he had the ball.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have no problem with people saying Capers needs to go, but you need to be consistent. If capers needs to go, then TT needs to be considered as well. He's the guy that's supposed to provide players and he hasn't done so for the defense. Can't blame Capers but give TT a free pass, that's not consistent.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The names Perry, Sherrod, Worthy, Green come to mind. He can't miss on that many high round picks. I realize Perry plays but he is also constantly injured and just a guy so far when he is in there.

Can't give up on guys in only their second season and Sherrod kinda broke his leg. Green wasn't good, the picks of Lacy and Starks make up for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts