Adams Traded to Las Vegas

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people just really like to get things wadded up over Rodgers and look for any reason to do so. I've never had a question about his integrity, his work ethic, or his commitment to his team or teammates off and on the field.

If how he interacts with the media makes you mad, stop watching the media are they really adding anything these days? They sure create a lot of fluff, but I don't think they've added to the game of football in over 2 decades.

I have zero problems with Adams or Rodgers in any of this. But the second Adams left for another team, turned down more money here "allegedly" and the eyes are already searching for ways to blame Rodgers for it. Why? It's like they have this need to find things to make sure Rodgers is what they've decided he is in their minds.
Much of what happened all points to Adams wanting to be somewhere else, and it likely goes back to last year already. A testament to him, he played his *** off here anyway, but man, sure looks like he knew what was up before the season started. Rodgers and Adams are tight, they knew it was the last go round for them and we all thought it would be because of Rodgers. Turns out almost everyone was wrong and now they look for a way to blame him anyway.
People get wadded up over everything. Pick any subject and there's a group of people who hate it and will happily rip on it to anyone who will listen.

Bottom line is that the people who hate Rodgers do so because...they want to.
Whether it's because of jealousy, or Rodgers not living up to their illusion of him, or whatever, they want
to hate him. Their finding a way to blame Rodgers for Adams leaving or any other event may just be confirmation bias.

It's difficult to remember that these guys are just guys. Some are nice guys, some are jerks, some are upstanding citizens and some are criminals. Most are in no way special other than that they can play football better than almost everyone else, and get paid exceptionally well. It's the fans and media that build them up to be someone they're not, just to be knocked down or hated later.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like Adams felt disrespected by the way negotiations went. I agree with @Mondio going all the way back to the 2020 season when the two sides began talking extension

To be honest I was on the Packers side in that you can't just take andre hopkins 2 year extension and say thats what the top per year, wr number is while ignoring the other 3 years of hopkins deal

Apparently Adams and his agent were right though as he got 28.25 m per year. Exactly 1 m more per than Hopkins got on his 2 year extension

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I was on the Packers side in that you can't just take andre hopkins 2 year extension and say thats what the top per year, wr number is while ignoring the other 3 years of hopkins deal

Apparently Adams and his agent were right though as he got 28.25 m per year. Exactly 1 m more per than Hopkins got on his 2 year extension
The Adams contract details have come out. Yes, it's a 5yr/$141mil deal, but it's actually a 3yr/$67.5mil (only $22mil SB!) deal with the last 2 years at $36.6mil each. The Raiders will either cut Adams or renegotiate the deal after year 3. Adams took a really bad deal to leave GB, IMHO, so he & his agents were not "right".

Reaction score
The Adams contract details have come out. Yes, it's a 5yr/$141mil deal, but it's actually a 3yr/$67.5mil (only $22mil SB!) deal with the last 2 years at $36.6mil each. The Raiders will either cut Adams or renegotiate the deal after year 3. Adams took a really bad deal to leave GB, IMHO, so he & his agents were not "right".
Apparently that love affair between him and Rogers was all talk, or something wasn't right in the front office.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people just really like to get things wadded up over Rodgers and look for any reason to do so. I've never had a question about his integrity, his work ethic, or his commitment to his team or teammates off and on the field.

If how he interacts with the media makes you mad, stop watching the media are they really adding anything these days? They sure create a lot of fluff, but I don't think they've added to the game of football in over 2 decades.

I have zero problems with Adams or Rodgers in any of this. But the second Adams left for another team, turned down more money here "allegedly" and the eyes are already searching for ways to blame Rodgers for it. Why? It's like they have this need to find things to make sure Rodgers is what they've decided he is in their minds.
Much of what happened all points to Adams wanting to be somewhere else, and it likely goes back to last year already. A testament to him, he played his *** off here anyway, but man, sure looks like he knew what was up before the season started. Rodgers and Adams are tight, they knew it was the last go round for them and we all thought it would be because of Rodgers. Turns out almost everyone was wrong and now they look for a way to blame him anyway.

If you have to stop watching the media to avoid a man’s character flaws, it doesn’t make them go away…

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that the football fanatic in me is devastated to not be able to watch Davante in green and gold anymore. Such an all time Packer.

That said, I feel like this was best for all parties involved.

Truthfully, I think every bit of this came down to hard feelings. The Packers weren't wanting to give Davante the type of deal he was looking for last spring. And I'm sure this is because they were unsure of Rodgers' commitment. So there's no way that they were going to make him the highest paid wide out if it were Rodgers' last season.

It's very convenient that the Packers ended up offering Davante (reportedly) more than what Vegas was offering. Or at the very least, offered to match it.

So in Davante's head, he's thinking well damn you only want me if Aaron is going to be here. Right wrong or indifferent, I understand the human emotion attached to that.

I honestly don't blame anyone in this situation. It just is what it is and at the end of the day, the Packers shed 20 million and get a 1st and a 2nd. That's enormous compensation for Davante.

Time to figure out what's next, though. The cupboard is definitely bare at WR now.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I honestly don't blame anyone in this situation. It just is what it is and at the end of the day, the Packers shed 20 million and get a 1st and a 2nd. That's enormous compensation for Davante.

Time to figure out what's next, though. The cupboard is definitely bare at WR now.
Agreed and I would call it a "Perfect Storm". You had a team that was totally cap strapped, with it's franchise player and the main reason for being competitive hemming and hawing on whether he wants to retire or even play for the Packers for the past 9 months. Then throw in Rodgers criticism of the front office and Davante was no doubt aware that things felt like this was probably a last dance between him and #12, whether 1 or both of them left Green Bay.

Fast forward to negotiations with Davante during the season. Not sure what it entailed, but I am guessing Davante wasn't budging off his "highest paid WR" number and the Packers stuck to their guns, in part because they didn't want to pay that amount, nor did they want to commit if Rodgers was gone. Possibly, Davante got to see first hand, what Rodgers had alluded to about management. Both sides knew they were at a stand still and both sides were very aware of the Franchise Tag. Now you have 2 elephants in the room...Rodgers and Adams. Both seemingly tied at the hip, but also looking out for their own best interest. Once Rodgers finally committed, the Packers knew they were all in and made one more attempt at Davante. I am guessing by the timing and how quickly the deal came with the Raiders, he had already made up his mind and the deal had been struck weeks ago. No real negotiations and Davante tells them he wants out, the Packers slap the tag on him and lock him in to finalize the trade with the Raiders.

It is pretty apparent that Davante wanted to go to the Raiders. I have to wonder if the Packers had better options with other teams, but Davante told them that he wouldn't sign the tender or negotiate with anyone but the Raiders.

For those that say players have no power and the Owners do as the please, I present Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams as evidence that they aren't always in control. Probably a dozen more players in the last 2 weeks have shown off their power as well.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are a few possible reasons...

Adams kept his business in house. He didn't air his grievances in the media.

Adams didn't hem and haw about retiring or playing for another team with 3 years left on his contract.
He played out his contract, and only pushed for a trade when he was franchise tagged.

Adams didn't get cocky during interviews, play word games and generally polarize fans with his attitude.

Adams just played great, kept his mouth shut, and earned every penny GB paid him.
… Rodgers kept all his issues with the Packers in house until Schefter broke the story and Rodgers clearly didn’t want the story out. That’s not on him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you have to stop watching the media to avoid a man’s character flaws, it doesn’t make them go away…
Is it a character flaw to think you actually know somebody thru the media?

So many of you pegged his “flaw” last week as being selfish and holding the team over a barrel and ******** them because that’s his character when he wouldn’t sign a contract without knowing devante was here first to fit his other character “flaw” thinking he runs the team.

This week his flaw is he drove Adam’s away. They weren’t really friends because who would be friends with Rodgers and then leave?

Wonder what it will be next week

Reaction score
After reading all your comments here, I have to ask in today's world, why can't NFL football players
Play with dedication and be satisfied to play for the pride of the team instead of jumping the ship because
money. (Ex. Back in Bart Star days).

Rodger will be doing that apparently with his big contract but at what price?
All his Cailfornia wining acting out like a drama queen to the media and fans with more to come.

You and I could live on 150-200 million for 4 hours of work every week.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading all your comments here, I have to ask in today's world, why can't NFL football players
Play with dedication and be satisfied to play for the pride of the team instead of jumping the ship because

All his Cailfornia wining acting out like a drama queen to the media and fans with more to come.

Because in Bart's day, the team OWNED YOU. You couldn't go anywhere else. and almost everyone else worked a different job in the offseason as well. I can see the culture has changed some, but I don't think for a second the guys from the 60's wouldn't have jumped ship from a 25K contract to someone paying them 125K if they could have.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know what youre saying and that is true...but going forward the new number to top per year for the next guy up for a deal is going to be 28.25 million up from 27.25 m

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You said it...its work, just a job if Adams feels hes going to enjoy life more working in Las Vegas than by all means Im happy for him...would I rather he was still on the Packers, of course. But I absolutely dont fault him or anyone else who wants to trade their time for as much as they can in a locale they find appealing

Reaction score
Because in Bart's day, the team OWNED YOU. You couldn't go anywhere else. and almost everyone else worked a different job in the offseason as well. I can see the culture has changed some, but I don't think for a second the guys from the 60's wouldn't have jumped ship from a 25K contract to someone paying them 125K if they could have.
Also, I didn't realize a player could just get up and leave if they didn't except being put on a team's franchise tag.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what youre saying and that is true...but going forward the new number to top per year for the next guy up for a deal is going to be 28.25 million up from 27.25 m
Technically you're correct, but... I posted elsewhere that MVS could be the new highest paid WR. GB could sign him to a 4 yr/$120mil deal averaging $30mil/yr. He'd get 3yr/$25mil with $10mil SB, and year 4 would have a base salary of $95mil. New highest paid WR...but realistically only a 3 yr deal as he'd be cut or take a pay cut to stay for year 4.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The
Is it a character flaw to think you actually know somebody thru the media?

So many of you pegged his “flaw” last week as being selfish and holding the team over a barrel and ******** them because that’s his character when he wouldn’t sign a contract without knowing devante was here first to fit his other character “flaw” thinking he runs the team.

This week his flaw is he drove Adam’s away. They weren’t really friends because who would be friends with Rodgers and then leave?

The difference is I’ll admit it could be a flaw my way, some of you brush aside anything he says, avoiding the truth without telling a lie like a politician and the countless smug arrogance displays.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting a little teary-eyed with nostalgia. Wish you hadn't reminded me.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The

The difference is I’ll admit it could be a flaw my way, some of you brush aside anything he says, avoiding the truth without telling a lie like a politician and the countless smug arrogance displays.
I don't listen to much of what he says. he's a QB. I think people like to get bent out of shape over what he says, so they look for it. and unlike a politician, he has ZERO control over my life or influence. As far as I can tell the only thing he's guilty of is not being completely transparent with anybody that wants to ask him something about stuff that really isn't any of their business. and then they feel so wronged, why? because they want to.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While I believe that pretty much every one of the players in the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL are "overpaid" for what they do, in comparison to most of us, Rodgers does NOT work only 4 hrs. a week, during the season. These guys still practice, workout, study film, team meetings, etc. They work pretty hard and put their bodies through a hell of a lot, but so do fireman, construction workers, nurses, etc. The only difference is, you and I aren't willing to pay $150 to watch any of those professionals do their job for 3-4 hrs. each week.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is gone, no one "really" knows the truth of what went down, Packers supposedly offered same money as LV. Adams did not want to stay in GB, so be it. Trade got them draft picks Problem with this team for 2022-23 season is not just WR group which has to be considered in bottom 5-6 in the league now. Problem is OL, can anyone really count on Bahktiari this year to be what he was, to stay healthy? Who will the starting OL be that can keep AR upright and make lanes for runners? DB's are currently relatively unknown with some guys still UFA or RF or being told they are not wanted. DL needs an upgrade, what about LB. Look around at guys who are signed and currently you see a team that seems impossible to be a top tier NFL team and 12-1 for SB. Draft picks are great, but they are still NFL unknowns. Half of the coaching staff is NEW in their positions how will that work out? $20M cap space is not a lot, especially when you have lots of guys still unsigned and needs in at least 4 places. Rodgers is top 2 in this league as QB (Brady), he is also not a miracle worker when the supporting cast is suspect.

Members online