Adams Traded to Las Vegas

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man...lot of takes posted here, shared through the news and radio the last 24 hours.

In all honesty I think the majority of the Packer fans realize and know either projection from either extreme is just lying to themselves, that would be:

"We're are a much better team without Davante Adams on the roster, just look at the record without him."

&

"We have zero chance at a Super Bowl now without Davante, none."

Breathe everyone for a second.

Even as someone that kinda felt and predicted this weeks ago when we placed the tag and then it was known Davante wasn't happy...that doesn't mean I am happy he is gone. Davante was a rare breed of WR that go straight to the HOF once they decide to retire. Those don't happen often and even over the thirty years with Favre and Rodgers, none compare to what DA could do IMO - none.

That all said, we can still win without him...and yes the track history is there but as @captainWIMM and I have discussed about that record - it is unexplainable in many ways. You shouldn't be able to be that good without your best offensive weapon (outside the QB) not in the game. However, all that said, we do have Aaron "freaking baaaaaad man" Rodgers, and that my friends is saying a LOT. This is the man that made Jarrett Boykin look like an NFL WR one year...made MVS out of high school with one route ability produce like a three year #3...this man won games with Janis as the first option....he spins it better than anyone and that is something I will never bet against completely.

Fact of the matter is not a single FA or draft pick can replace Davante, however what MLF and Gute have to do is add multiple pieces to the offense for Rodgers to be that incredibly deadly QB he can be.

Lot of time for this all to shuffle out...do we trade one of our four top 60 picks for a WR...do we also or only add a veteran in FA before the draft...do we do one of each of those....do we double dip with two WRs in the top 60 draft picks?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I found another Silver Lining to trading Adams! If you have been putting off your jersey purchase, you can get one for really cheap now!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all I want to know is where’s that Rodgers hate energy? Adams basically demanded a trade even when we offered to match.

Meanwhile Rodgers is despised for wanting to leave a team that wanted him gone first.
Here are a few possible reasons...

Adams kept his business in house. He didn't air his grievances in the media.

Adams didn't hem and haw about retiring or playing for another team with 3 years left on his contract.
He played out his contract, and only pushed for a trade when he was franchise tagged.

Adams didn't get cocky during interviews, play word games and generally polarize fans with his attitude.

Adams just played great, kept his mouth shut, and earned every penny GB paid him.

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read from Rob Demovsky; Packers were willing to pay Adams what the Raiders gave him. But Adams wanted to play elsewhere. Rodgers has been kept informed the past several days of the situation.
Remember that Adams and Carr are good friends who played together in college.
Adams will make a whole lot more money per catch with Raiders than with GB. not shocking but somewhat surpising, maybe Adams had enough of the ARod drama show the past 2 years. Bottom line, their WR group is pretty weak now, no No.1 and not sure there is a No. 2 in that group.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, considering we've had multiple big name FA's and big name cuts during the season come here and be happy, and BakhT, Jones, Rodgers etc all negotiated and signed deals here, multiple extensions done just in the past couple weeks, I'd say if it reflects poorly on anyone it would be Adams. and even then, I don't think it does. Even Cobb, who supposedly was treated poorly, came back and negotiated TWO deals since then with the FO. I don't think all is bad or even reflects poorly on them at all.

He's playing with a QB he's also friends with, in a city he would probably rather live in and there is likely going to be more longevity with the QB than here with Rodgers. I'd say those had more to do with it than anything.

Just because other guys signed doesnt mean they didnt do something that put Adams off durung the course of negotiations...however i do think that ultimately adams did what most of us would... took less money to be able to live the way he wants to live around the people he wants to live around

Its now being reported that the Packers did not offer Adams the same money as the Raiders did because of their unwillingness to fully guarantee any money beyond the first year of the deal

And right now it looks like the raiders have the makings of more of an elite offense with Carr, Adams, Waller, Jacobs, Edwards, Renfrow

Last edited:

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
somebody doesn't pay much attention to the media. not saying that's a bad thing because 95% of the media coverage of rodgers was pure speculation and less than 1% was based on anything that rodgers actually said.
I never said Rodgers did those things. It was about what Adams did and didn't do. Although most of what I wrote does apply to Rodgers. Rodgers attitude is very polarizing and does make it easy to dislike him if a person is so inclined.

I try not to pay too much attention to the media. I'm interested in the news they provide. But similar to how I feel about
players, I have absolutely no interest in their personal opinion on anything.

Oh...and I have one more. Adams (at least to my limited knowledge) never sported a man bun.
I'm sure he had as weird or weirder hairstyles, but for some reason I have an inexplicable loathing for the man bun.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams will make a whole lot more money per catch with Raiders than with GB. not shocking but somewhat surpising, maybe Adams had enough of the ARod drama show the past 2 years. Bottom line, their WR group is pretty weak now, no No.1 and not sure there is a No. 2 in that group.
Renfrow and Bryan Edwards are excellent WR options and I’d argue are better than Cobb and Lazard in receiving threats….Lazard makes it closer due to being an excellent blocker and ST guy when needed

Reaction score
Adams kept his business in house. He didn't air his grievances in the media.

Adams didn't hem and haw about retiring or playing for another team with 3 years left on his contract.
He also wasn't a leader like qb's are, he just caught the ball and was a great receiver.

Also because he wasn't a "king pin" like Rodgers is to the Packers as a qb, the media didn't chase him around 24/7
and kept hounding him about coming back to the team or signing a Hugh contract.

That's the difference here

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain’t gettin’ none unless you got buns hun

Attachments

• 461875B4-5AA7-45D4-9023-D435EB2B61E5.jpeg
    461875B4-5AA7-45D4-9023-D435EB2B61E5.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 62
  • 0B9CD912-F057-4408-8D4D-FDDAE66581B1.jpeg
    0B9CD912-F057-4408-8D4D-FDDAE66581B1.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 64

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Oh...and I have one more. Adams (at least to my limited knowledge) never sported a man bun.
I'm sure he had as weird or weirder hairstyles, but for some reason I have an inexplicable loathing for the man bun.
I'd call this a man bun.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ realistically may have to sit out next season. He should be off Gutey's radar completely.

Julio you bring in for a workout, see where his head is at. I don't get the sense that his head was in the game last year and he was injured a ton.

Landry is a slot guy isn't he? Why re-sign Cobb to get Landry and have Amari? Nah.

Juju is also the slot guy in Pitts and has struggled when not the #2 or #3 target. I'd like him as a slot but again, we have slot covered.

I think we have to trade for someone now, or trade up in the draft to get a guy. Literally, every team will know we need WR and even if we wait, we'll get leapfrogged by another team wanting a WR who can trade ahead of us.

Maybe send a 7th rounder for Kumerow, Lol.
Landry can do more then play the slot and he is clearly better then Cobb

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw the contract breakdown that Adams' signed. It's effectively a 3yr/$67.5mil deal with only a $22mil SB. The last 2 years pay out $35.6mil each, which aren't guaranteed & LV can cut & run after year 3. Have to imagine Gute's deal was a much higher SB (to spread out over 5 yrs. Adams REALLY wanted a change & may regret that decision.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-67-5-million-deal-as-a-practical-matter/amp/

In reality, it’s a three-year, $67.5 million contract. The final two seasons pay out a whopping $72.5 million that Adams may never see, given that he’ll be 32 when the final two years kick in.

So it’s fair to call it a three-year, $67.5 million deal. It has a real average of $22.5 million. The fluff in 2025 and 2026 push it to $28 million per year. Again, the chances of Adams getting paid $36.25 million at age 32 and 33 are slim, unless he plays incredibly well and the salary cap and the receiver market mushrooms.

Did the Packers offer the exact same deal, both as to money and structure?

Even if they did, remember this. There’s no state income tax in Nevada. In Wisconsin, 7.65 cents of every dollar

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd call this a man bun.
Hmmm....IMO that's not a bun, that's the whole Dagwood sandwich right there. Or maybe some kind of Carmen Miranda thing going on.
Yep, makes no sense to me why something like this doesn't bother me and the stereotypical man bun does.
I'm a rather logical person in general. It bugs me that the man bun bugs me. But it does.

Maybe it's that guys seem to be more feminine with each generation...
Maybe I was terrorized by some bun wearing baby sitter when I was very young.
Or maybe it's just because I'm eating low carb and can't have buns right now.
Who knows.

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He also wasn't a leader like qb's are, he just caught the ball and was a great receiver.

Also because he wasn't a "king pin" like Rodgers is to the Packers as a qb, the media didn't chase him around 24/7
and kept hounding him about coming back to the team or signing a Hugh contract.

That's the difference here
So the hatred for Rodgers(and lack of it for Adams) is simply because Rodgers is an elite Qb, and has nothing to do with his attitude or anything he actually said, or how he interacted with the media.
Is that how you see it?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people just really like to get things wadded up over Rodgers and look for any reason to do so. I've never had a question about his integrity, his work ethic, or his commitment to his team or teammates off and on the field.

If how he interacts with the media makes you mad, stop watching the media are they really adding anything these days? They sure create a lot of fluff, but I don't think they've added to the game of football in over 2 decades.

I have zero problems with Adams or Rodgers in any of this. But the second Adams left for another team, turned down more money here "allegedly" and the eyes are already searching for ways to blame Rodgers for it. Why? It's like they have this need to find things to make sure Rodgers is what they've decided he is in their minds.
Much of what happened all points to Adams wanting to be somewhere else, and it likely goes back to last year already. A testament to him, he played his *** off here anyway, but man, sure looks like he knew what was up before the season started. Rodgers and Adams are tight, they knew it was the last go round for them and we all thought it would be because of Rodgers. Turns out almost everyone was wrong and now they look for a way to blame him anyway.

Staff online

Members online