Adams Traded to Las Vegas

Reaction score
Sometimes with the good friendship Rodges and Adams had, makes me wonder if Adams
was the one putting all that drama in Rodger's head about coming back last year and jumping ship for another team together.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What impresses me the most about this sign and trade is that no "insider" leaked that DA17 was negotiating with the Raiders. AFAIK this trade and new contract came out of the blue to those that watch the NFL as a job, let alone hobbyists such as ourselves.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What impresses me the most about this sign and trade is that no "insider" leaked that DA17 was negotiating with the Raiders. AFAIK this trade and new contract came out of the blue to those that watch the NFL as a job, let alone hobbyists such as ourselves.
One guy did post thing I put below, notice the date was 2 days before the news. But yes, I think everyone was pretty much in the dark. I still wonder if they shopped him or didn't want to rock his boat, knew he wanted to go play with the Raiders and were fine with the compensation of the 2 picks. Can't help to think they might have gotten more for him, but that would rely on him cooperating and agreeing to resign with his new team.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because other guys signed doesnt mean they didnt do something that put Adams off durung the course of negotiations...however i do think that ultimately adams did what most of us would... took less money to be able to live the way he wants to live around the people he wants to live around

Its now being reported that the Packers did not offer Adams the same money as the Raiders did because of their unwillingness to fully guarantee any money beyond the first year of the deal

And right now it looks like the raiders have the makings of more of an elite offense with Carr, Adams, Waller, Jacobs, Edwards, Renfrow
Maybe. I still think there is a good chance GB offense puts up better numbers than LV. I also feel like the Pack has a better chance of making the play offs than the Raiders do.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...at least we got a couple of good draft picks. Much better than some late 3rd round pick. Now we need to pick up some good receivers.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Extremely classy farewell letter to Green Bay from Davante Adams. Will go down as one of the Packer greats. Thanks for the memories #17. Congrats on escaping the soap opera.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully gutey will explore some trades for a younger receiver as well...a McLaurin type guy would be a nice addition. This draft is deep..but any guy drafted in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds better be able to step in right away.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This draft is deep..but any guy drafted in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds better be able to step in right away.
Well, we saw just how prepared Amari was for the NFL and he was a 3rd rounder.

Depending on what they do in Free Agency, I would prefer if they need immediate help from a rookie, they use one of their first round picks on a WR.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't think LV isn't a soap opera? :coffee:
What? 3 head coaches within a 12 month time span, releasing the prior years #12 pick for killing someone while drunk driving, and having to cut the other 1st round pick from that same draft a year later because he was waiving guns around and threatening to kill people and crashed a bunch of cars too isn't screaming team of stability to you?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Depending on what they do in Free Agency, I would prefer if they need immediate help from a rookie, they use one of their first round picks on a WR.
No kidding..I hope they don't reach like that again.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

One guy did post thing I put below, notice the date was 2 days before the news. But yes, I think everyone was pretty much in the dark. I still wonder if they shopped him or didn't want to rock his boat, knew he wanted to go play with the Raiders and were fine with the compensation of the 2 picks. Can't help to think they might have gotten more for him, but that would rely on him cooperating and agreeing to resign with his new team.

IsitGreg Jennings sister by any chance ?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all of the social media links you get sent to there was one that I heard. It was sort of like the Pat Mcafee show of the Raiders. The guy led with " well if you have been listening to our show then you weren't surprised about this trade".
I guess in Vegas there was an inkling that this was a possibility.

Reaction score
Hopefully gutey will explore some trades for a younger receiver as well...a McLaurin type guy would be a nice addition. This draft is deep..but any guy drafted in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds better be able to step in right away.
As I mentioned in another thread, I think they need to trade for 1 or 2, preferably 2, wide receivers. I think that trading for a wr, provided that we don't have to give up too much (no more than 1 or 2 draft picks), is better than the draft because of uncertainty if that player is going to be any good/having to give players time to develop, and free agency because all of the top free agents are either injury-prone or short/mid yardage/slot guys.

Of these options, I like DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, and Brandin Cooks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread, I think they need to trade for 1 or 2, preferably 2, wide receivers. I think that trading for a wr, provided that we don't have to give up too much (no more than 1 or 2 draft picks), is better than the draft because of uncertainty if that player is going to be any good/having to give players time to develop, and free agency because all of the top free agents are either injury-prone or short/mid yardage/slot guys.

Of these options, I like DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, and Brandin Cooks.
Problems:

Locket isn't going anywhere. If the Seahawks cut or trade him, they face a $31.5M dead cap hit. That isn't happening when he is only due (base salary) $3 M in pay this season.

Brandin Cooks would come with a $12.5 Million plus incentives, for the Packers. Given he has 1 year left on his contract, that's a no go, unless they can negotiate a new contract, with a lower cap hit this year.

Metcalf is going to command a $20+M/year contract after this year. Not really a guy you roll high draft picks into on a trade and that's the only way the Seahawks part with him.

I predict at least 1 if not 2 vet free agent WR's are signed between now and training camp.

Reaction score
Problems:

Locket isn't going anywhere. If the Seahawks cut or trade him, they face a $31.5M dead cap hit. That isn't happening when he is only due (base salary) $3 M in pay this season.

Brandin Cooks would come with a $12.5 Million plus incentives, for the Packers. Given he has 1 year left on his contract, that's a no go, unless they can negotiate a new contract, with a lower cap hit this year.

Metcalf is going to command a $20+M/year contract after this year. Not really a guy you roll high draft picks into on a trade and that's the only way the Seahawks part with him.

I predict at least 1 if not 2 vet free agent WR's are signed between now and training camp.
Do you think those vet free agent WR's will have deep threat and big playmaking capability? How about being athletic and capable of making difficult catches? I think that we are going to need to sign two WR's like that to replace Adam's production.

What worries me with the top free agent WR's is that they either can't stay healthy or don't fit that mold that I described.

I would be willing to consider Dee Dee Westbrook and/or Deonte Harris if they are still available. They do have deep threat capability and could also return kicks, fixing our kick returning issues. They would also be cheap options.

I would hope that any of the WR's taken in the first round of the draft would be significant contributors, playing at a high level right away if we decide to strengthen the WR corps through the draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would be willing to consider Dee Dee Westbrook and/or Deonte Harris if they are still available. They do have deep threat capability and could also return kicks, fixing our kick returning issues. They would also be cheap options.
Westbrook has hardly played football in the last 2 years. Harris had a second round tag on him with the Saints and they signed him for almost $4M on a 1 year deal.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Amari was a guy that had plays designed to get the ball in his hands, he has the raw skillset and burst to get open with routes and breaks but he never had to refine that part of his game yet. Even those of us that were fans of him still realistically didn't think a 2021 season would see him put up more than deep support numbers like 300 yards and a TD or two...he didn't even hit that but not shockingly. The most concerning part of Amari was just how uncomfortable he seemed on the big stage. LATE in the season and in the playoffs he seemed vastly more comfortable and we finally saw glimpses of his skillset. I think some folks could be eating a touch of crow (not you) on Amari judgement.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The most concerning part of Amari was just how uncomfortable he seemed on the big stage. LATE in the season and in the playoffs he seemed vastly more comfortable and we finally saw glimpses of his skillset. I think some folks could be eating a touch of crow (not you) on Amari judgement.
Agreed. Amari is just confirmation to me that as much as fans want to think it, a rookie WR is probably going to need a year or 2 in the Packer system, before he can possibly flourish. Unless something crazy happens between now and the draft in free agency, I fully expect the Packers to use a first rounder on a WR, for the first time since Javone Walker (2002- pick #20). However, even Walker, with Favre at QB, only had 23 catches on 50 targets for 319 yds and 1 TD in his rookie season. So the Packers probably shouldn't rely on even a first round rookie WR to have a huge impact in year #1.

Speaking of Javon Walker....anyone see him lately? He looks like he could give DK Metcalf a run for his money.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Isn't it crazy, there's many possibilities to choose Adam's replacement,
but not that many choices to replace Rodgers.
The 2 positions are also very far apart in what teams are willing to pay. If you believe both guys are the best in the NFL at their perspective positions, Rodgers is almost making double what Davante is.

I don't think you instantly replace Adams or Rodgers, no matter who you draft. However, when you have Rodgers at QB, he might help to make a rookie WR better by year 2 or 3. I don't think Adams has quite that impact on a Rookie QB.

Let's face it, QB is probably the biggest crap shoot when it comes to developing a College guy into a great NFL player. However, it also has the biggest payback if you do strike gold.

Staff online

Latest posts