Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

@TomSilverstein

Asked #Packers GM Brian Gutekunst how many GMs had nudged him to ask the price for QB Aaron Rodgers or told him to keep them in mind if he decides on a trade. “Not a one,” he said. Really? Not one? “Not one.”

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's interesting if true youd think someone would shoot their shot...that leads me to believe either gute is being less than honest or Rodgers hasnt given any team any indication that hes willing to leave gb to join them and no one is willing to make an offer until he does

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess looking at window it could be swung, primarily due to quite a few contracts that will be "shed" after this season when Jenkins contract comes up....I say "shed" because voided money will increase that hit all at once on many which are gone.

2022 Cap Hit Guys that will be gone after this year:
Adrian Amos - $11.9M
Preston Smith - $19,720,588 (expect this to change before season in some capacity)
Randall Cobb - $9,531,372 (same as above)
Billy Turner - $9,169,412
Rashan Gary - $5,051,872 (However I expect 5th year option picked up so he will be back and more expensive)
Mason Crosby - $4,735,000
Darnell Savage - $3,982,901
Aaron Rodgers - $46M....of course we all know this is going to change
Jaire - $13M
Marcedes - $2.445M
Dean Lowry - $8.07M

That is a lot of guys....really that list will be slightly shorter as most likely one or more of these will be cut or restructured/extended to be here beyond this coming season.

It seems I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Do you believe those guys won't be on the Packers roster in 2023? If that's true I vehemently disagree with letting Alexander walk away. The others might be gone but moving on from both starting safeties would be a terrible idea as well.

As a side note, the Packers can negotiate an extension with Gary once the new league year starts keeping his cap number down for the '23 season.

If the cap goes up by the estimated 15% that has been rumored...that would put it at over 239 million for 2023, over 275 m in 2024, and over 316 m in 2023

This can be worked while avoiding "cap hell" yes gute needs to hit on some picks but thats how its always been as a draft develop and keep your own team

While the cap might increase that much for once at the point the new TV deal kicks in I highly doubt that will happen every single season.

Yes, there's more competition for new broadcasters to land part of the TV deal, but I highly doubt that translates to yearly double-digit cap increases.

FYI the new deal has already been signed and will definitely result in the salary cap increasing drastically in either 2023 or '24.

Agreed and if someone wants to get a good idea of the history of the cap, I have included a link below. People shouldn't be using 2021 to 2022 numbers as the new norm. That was Covid induced.

See above, the salary cap will increase because of the new TV deal already signed.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not saying its gonna go up by 15% a year all 11 years of the new media deal but i dont think the first 3 years is that much of a stretch...especially when inflation was what last year, 5.5 to 7% depending on what metric you use

So not only is there the new media deal but the price on everything from seats to merch has risen...i believe that stuff is all part of the "total revenue pie" that is used to determine the cap number for any given season

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Do you believe those guys won't be on the Packers roster in 2023? If that's true I vehemently disagree with letting Alexander walk away. The others might be gone but moving on from both starting safeties would be a terrible idea as well.

As a side note, the Packers can negotiate an extension with Gary once the new league year starts keeping his cap number down for the '23 season.

While the cap might increase that much for once at the point the new TV deal kicks in I highly doubt that will happen every single season.

FYI the new deal has already been signed and will definitely result in the salary cap increasing drastically in either 2023 or '24.

See above, the salary cap will increase because of the new TV deal already signed.
Apologies if I gave idea I would let Jaire walk, definitely not.

I also would do as you say and enter talks with Gary now

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to post I updated to reflect Eberle's contract amount - $825,000

D

Deleted member 6794

Well of course I’m posting their entire contract value, he along with others listed could be nothing

I actually didn't realize you keep track lf the cap hits of the players currently under contract on page 1 of this thread.

In that case you should update the numbers on Clark, Jones and Bakhtiari though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good catch! I will do that today or tomorrow
Might as well wait til Tuesday. Rodgers is reportedly going to let the Packers know what their future is on Tuesday and within an hour, the roster decisions and cap will be completely set and all they will have left to do, is to prepare for the draft. ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might as well wait til Tuesday. Rodgers is reportedly going to let the Packers know what their future is on Tuesday and within an hour, the roster decisions and cap will be completely set and all they will have left to do, is to prepare for the draft. ;)
Finally you get it, although it may actually take until Wednesday or Thursday. Either way, still plenty of time do do everything they would have already done up to this point.

I just read on NFL.com that the Packers are in talks with Jaire Alexander on a contract extension. Somebody better call them and tell them they can't do that yet. They have to wait until Aaron makes his decision.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ian Rapoport the Packers resumed negotiations with Jaire Alexander about a contract extension this week.

I'm not sure how they are able to do that as everything is on hold as the team awaits Rodgers' decision though.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Ian Rapoport the Packers resumed negotiations with Jaire Alexander about a contract extension this week.

I'm not sure how they are able to do that as everything is on hold as the team awaits Rodgers' decision though.
This deal has nothing to do with any of the other pieces, IMHO. His 5th year option already has him counting $13.294mil towards '22. No reason why they can't have an extension completed keeping JA in GB for the next 5 years, giving GB some cap relief AND a long term lockdown CB.

The top 4 CB contracts are $17.25-$20mil/year. Guessing Alexander's will be around the top so 5 year/$100mil deal, maybe $50mil SB, yearly salaries of $1mil, $5mil, $10mil, $15mil, & $19mil gives both sides what they want (up front $ for JA, outs after 3 or 4 years for GB).

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What they have apply in 2022 cap could be influenced by other items. The gross total of the deal I agree is doubtfully tied to anything else at all.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally you get it, although it may actually take until Wednesday or Thursday. Either way, still plenty of time do do everything they would have already done up to this point.

I just read on NFL.com that the Packers are in talks with Jaire Alexander on a contract extension. Somebody better call them and tell them they can't do that yet. They have to wait until Aaron makes his decision.
No one ever said anything like you’re insinuating.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would a team with everything on hold be able to enter into extension talks with a player?

lol I expected the talks with Jaire even last year till his injury hit then figured it’d be off season before they do it to double check healing.

Extending Jaire lowers cap hit in 2022, how much is dependent on structure. It’s one of the few items which can be done regardless of really anything else so long as Jaire wants to be here.

Reaction score
Yeah, we all mostly know the players contracts who are attached to Rodgers hip. Plus the Roster moves in FA that are heavily influenced by a Rodgers move (or non move).
It’s fine to remain patient for our QB decision as we don’t really have a choice. Yet to dismiss how Rodgers decision adversely affects other roster maneuvering is bordering on naive. Packers’ Executives have already said as much.
You know we can support our Packer team and even Rodgers without supporting his personal offseason methodology. Matter of fact many Packer fans would agree they love the player on the field but he irritates the crap out of them off the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Matter of fact many Packer fans would agree they love the player on the field but he irritates the crap out of them off the field.
Exactly how I feel about him.

If he's traded tomorrow, I'd be just fine with it. If he signs a 3 year extension, I'd be glad to have this chapter of his drama over with.

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel about him.

If he's traded tomorrow, I'd be just fine with it. If he signs a 3 year extension, I'd be glad to have this chapter of his drama over with.
What’s good about embracing that approach is that we kinda Win either way.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What’s good about embracing that approach is that we kinda Win either way.
Right. The worst case scenarios are he plays one more year and retires or walks away in free agency. 2nd worse, he out right retires now.

Some might say "well at least you have him for 2022." Meh, I would rather be assured that the franchise gets valuable draft picks AND doesn't have to pay his salary, by trading him now.

Reaction score
Right. The worst case scenarios are he plays one more year and retires or walks away in free agency. 2nd worse, he out right retires now.

Some might say "well at least you have him for 2022." Meh, I would rather be assured that the franchise gets valuable draft picks AND doesn't have to pay his salary, by trading him now.
IF a trade happened. It would possibly be both #12 and #17 and I’d expect 3-4 Day 1 selections plus several Day 2 options. Combine that with the likelihood of regressing substantially year 1 and that’s a massive amount of draft capital already next season.

Obviously. You’d expect 2 steps back, but I could see a substantial step forward inside 2-3 seasons. Our staff is formidable in maximizing the monetary and draft capital we’d recoup inside of a couple of seasons.

On the flip side I see 1-2 seasons at a run before teams close in around us. We’ve already crested the mountain resource wise and we’re trying to hold off a slippery downward slope.

If Rodgers and Adams are trying to both get record setting deals, I’d sit Pat with a reasonable offer and use it as a polite form of farewell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

This deal has nothing to do with any of the other pieces, IMHO. His 5th year option already has him counting $13.294mil towards '22. No reason why they can't have an extension completed keeping JA in GB for the next 5 years, giving GB some cap relief AND a long term lockdown CB.

I was being sarcastic as there are some posters who believe the Packers can't do anything before Rodgers announces his decision.

Extending Jaire lowers cap hit in 2022, how much is dependent on structure. It’s one of the few items which can be done regardless of really anything else so long as Jaire wants to be here.

Actually, please tell me which moves the Packers can't make because of having to wait for Rodgers decision??? They know they will save $20 million in cap space for next season one way or another.

Much like reworking the contracts with Clark, Bahk and Jones, this is nothing but a move the Packers make regardless of what Rodgers does.

There's not a single move the Packers can't make because of having to wait on Rodgers' decision. Whatever happens with Adams will have a much larger effect on the Packers' plans.

Yeah, we all mostly know the players contracts who are attached to Rodgers hip.

Which ones are those you're talking about here???

It’s fine to remain patient for our QB decision as we don’t really have a choice. Yet to dismiss how Rodgers decision adversely affects other roster maneuvering is bordering on naive. Packers’ Executives have already said as much.

It's actually naive to believe that Rodgers will have a huge effect on what other players will do this offseason. They will actually sign with the team offering the most money, just like every other year as well.

IF a trade happened. It would possibly be both #12 and #17 and I’d expect 3-4 Day 1 selections plus several Day 2 options.

The Packers would have to franchise tag Adams before tomorrow's deadline for there to be chance for that to happen.

Members online

Latest posts