Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I concur, the second I saw the signing I crossed Crosby out in my mind.
Especially, this early in the process. Had the Packers waited on signing another kicker until after they paid his $500K workout bonus, then I would say that they were going to have a 3 way kicking competition in training camp. Now, appears it is going to be Eberle and Molson.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially, this early in the process. Had the Packers waited on signing another kicker until after they paid his $500K workout bonus, then I would say that they were going to have a 3 way kicking competition in training camp. Now, appears it is going to be Eberle and Molson.

Molson has the edge for kickoffs but I place the edge for kicking through the uprights on Eberle personally. Will be interesting to see what unfolds.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Molson has the edge for kickoffs but I place the edge for kicking through the uprights on Eberle personally. Will be interesting to see what unfolds.
I read somewhere earlier that give Eberle's college numbers, he would be ranked in the top 5 in this years draft.

My only question about Eberle, is the fact that I think he has had stints with 4 teams (Panthers twice) and here he is...a free agent. I guess we will see how he does in Green and Gold.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read somewhere earlier that give Eberle's college numbers, he would be ranked in the top 5 in this years draft.

My only question about Eberle, is the fact that I think he has had stints with 4 teams (Panthers twice) and here he is...a free agent. I guess we will see how he does in Green and Gold.

Yeah but did any of those teams really have a competition to offer or was he mainly the reserve in case of covid or injury type role?

Carlson with the Raiders has that position locked IMO....he was 5th best percentage on attempts over 10 last season (93%)
Gonzalez with the Panthers hit over 90% of his kicks.
and even Slye with the Texans hit 92%

Here he has an actual shot at the starting gig.

D

Deleted member 6794

Here we go, the Packers have restructured Kenny Clark's contract, creating $10.8 million of cap space for the 2022 season.

According to NFL writer Kevin Patra the team converted $7.2 million of salary and $6.4 million of a roster bonus into a $13.6 million signing bonus while also adding two voidable years to the current deal.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Damn Spotrac is quick:
Cleared ~$10.9m cap
"Kenny Clark signed a 4 year, $70,000,000 contract with the Green Bay Packers, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $34,090,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $17,500,000. In 2022, Clark will earn a base salary of $1,035,000, a roster bonus of $517,647, a restructure bonus of $13,615,000 and a workout bonus of $700,000, while carrying a cap hit of $9,975,647 and a dead cap value of $28,615,000."

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go, the Packers have restructured Kenny Clark's contract, creating $10.8 million of cap space for the 2022 season.

According to NFL writer Kevin Patra the team converted $7.2 million of salary and $6.4 million of a roster bonus into a $13.6 million signing bonus while also adding two voidable years to the current deal.

The can kicking has begun Aaron Jones restructed as well.. Packers have saved about 14 m against cap so far

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The can kicking has begun Aaron Jones restructed as well.. Packers have saved about 14 m against cap so far

Where you seeing this? I don't even see twitter rumblings on a Jones restructure yet?

*Edit - now finally saw one report claiming it. Two additional void years...another sign/tick in the direction IMO that Rodgers decision is coming back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also as I said numerous times I think the extension to Jones was not the right call - I LOVE the guy, I think he is arguably the highest of caliber men on the team....but I thought fiscally with Dillon in the wings and Jamaal Williams the cheaper option it was not the right call. Kicking more down the road with him is something I do not support.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
True...but same goes for any player
Right. The interesting part about the kicker though, a million dollars can be the difference between an average and a really poor kicker. Which one you have, you usually don't find out until it is too late. I would rather overspend on a solid kicker, than overspend on say a TE by the same amount of money. The impact of the 2 positions that $1-4M gets you is very different.

At this point I am not longer advocating for the Packers to keep Crosby, unless he is willing to take a pay cut and compete for the job with no guarantees. Even in that situation, I think a younger leg might win out.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. The interesting part about the kicker though, a million dollars can be the difference between an average and a really poor kicker. Which one you have, you usually don't find out until it is too late. I would rather overspend on a solid kicker, than overspend on say a TE by the same amount of money. The impact of the 2 positions that $1-4M gets you is very different.

At this point I am not longer advocating for the Packers to keep Crosby, unless he is willing to take a pay cut and compete for the job with no guarantees. Even in that situation, I think a younger leg might win out.

Yeah the talk with Crosby would be a tough one but I'm telling him look - you are being paid like a top 5 kicker. Last year you weren't even middle of the road. We are cutting you for the fiscal savings unless you want to push with us one more year in 2022 at this figure "insert lower figure of decision".

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also as I said numerous times I think the extension to Jones was not the right call - I LOVE the guy, I think he is arguably the highest of caliber men on the team....but I thought fiscally with Dillon in the wings and Jamaal Williams the cheaper option it was not the right call. Kicking more down the road with him is something I do not support.
Agree, but the good news is that, with the way the restructure ended up, we won't have to discuss Jones after this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah the talk with Crosby would be a tough one but I'm telling him look - you are being paid like a top 5 kicker. Last year you weren't even middle of the road. We are cutting you for the fiscal savings unless you want to push with us one more year in 2022 at this figure "insert lower figure of decision".
Agreed. I also would like to know how much of his "kicking woes" were due to the bad play of the guys around him. We all know that several of the missed kicks were not Crosby's fault. Factor in that once you rattle a kicker, even a veteran, the yips can set in and those mind games seem to be tough to get out of. I am still confident in Crosby as far as being a clutch kicker, but I wouldn't pay him on his current contract and I do wish he had a stronger leg for kickoffs.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, but the good news is that, with the way the restructure ended up, we won't have to discuss Jones after this year.

Yeah even before the restructure it was essentially a two year deal the whole time...I pray Kylin comes back great because he showed immense promise. Taylor didn't look too shabby as well and made me proud for being excited when we picked him up two years back as a UDFA

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed. I actually thought that the reason Dillon was drafted, was to hopefully be able to replace Jones and not have to shell out a lot of money on a 2nd contract for Jones. Would have worked just fine I think, but oh well. Love Aaron, but that is too much to spend on a RB, when you have Dillion and a FHOF QB. That money would have been better spent on a FA WR.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I actually thought that the reason Dillon was drafted, was to hopefully be able to replace Jones and not have to shell out a lot of money on a 2nd contract for Jones. Would have worked just fine I think, but oh well. Love Aaron, but that is too much to spend on a RB, when you have Dillion and a FHOF QB. That money would have been better spent on a FA WR.

Especially when you're looking at a Jamaal Williams that has proven capable to excel at a support role or even if needed for a game or two as the lead back.

I mean you're looking at a $13M guarantee contract that will cost us more once he is done (after this year)....Jamaal Williams could have been signed to a 3 or 4 year contract for less than the guarantee Jones got....

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now here is a novel idea. Packers trade Rodgers to the Bucs and Brady comes out of retirement and comes to Green Bay. May the best GOAT, take his team the furthest!

I am vehemently against this. Respect Brady, but desperately do not want him. Besides we do not have the top level defense he requires to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am vehemently against this. Respect Brady, but desperately do not want him. Besides we do not have the top level defense he requires to win.
Oh its never going to happen, but if it actually did....would be the talk of the NFL.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where you seeing this? I don't even see twitter rumblings on a Jones restructure yet?

*Edit - now finally saw one report claiming it. Two additional void years...another sign/tick in the direction IMO that Rodgers decision is coming back.

Nfl radio...they seem to always have stuff first. I listen to it like all day...