Aaron Rouse sounds very sure of himself

OP
OP

954pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like when Jon Kitna claimed that the Lions would win 10 games?
Everyone talks positive at this point.

What did you expect him to do?
Say that the Packers look like a 3rd place team again?

Clearly you didnt listen to the interview.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that Jon Kitna claim was just in left field. The Packer claims can at least be backed up. Even though they are still all speculation right now, I am much more confident is Rouse's claims.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clearly you didnt listen to the interview.

Well that was 1:30 that I will never get back.
My favorite part is when the interviewer says that the Packers "just missed" the playoffs last year.

Really?

Is there a alternate NFL universe somewhere that I did not know about because the NFL that I follow had Green Bay at 6-10 and in 3rd place and that will not even get you close to the playoffs.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that Jon Kitna claim was just in left field. The Packer claims can at least be backed up. Even though they are still all speculation right now, I am much more confident is Rouse's claims.

How does the Packers going 6-10 translate into a winning season and maybe even a division title this year?
The Lions went 7-9 in 2007 and followed that up with their 0-16 stinker.
6-10 is closer to bottom feeder than it is to playoff team.

What is it that makes you feel that the Packers are suddenly better than the two teams that finished in front of you last year?
Be honest.
What is it that is going to take them from 6-10 to 10-6 or better?
I am not starting a fight here.... I really want to know your opinion.

sweetvalleyhigh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that was 1:30 that I will never get back.
My favorite part is when the interviewer says that the Packers "just missed" the playoffs last year.

Really?

Is there a alternate NFL universe somewhere that I did not know about because the NFL that I follow had Green Bay at 6-10 and in 3rd place and that will not even get you close to the playoffs.

Yep a couple NFC north teams die in plane crashes in 2008 and the packers are there! So close!

OP
OP

954pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does the Packers going 6-10 translate into a winning season and maybe even a division title this year?

What is it that makes you feel that the Packers are suddenly better than the two teams that finished in front of you last year?
Be honest.

You sound like a real positive thinking guy. In the NFL anything can happen from one year to the next. Dolphins improved 10 wins in one season just last year..only thing they add was a average qb

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sound like a real positive thinking guy. In the NFL anything can happen from one year to the next. Dolphins improved 10 wins in one season just last year..only thing they add was a average qb

So through the power of positive thinking the Packers are going to go from 6-10 to 10-6?
Ok... let me try it for a moment.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] I say that the Bears will go from 9-7 to 13-3.
Wow! Just by thinking happy thoughts they added 4 wins to their total from last season.
Just positive thinking.

If Miami can add 10 wins to their total by adding an average QB then don't you think that the Bears will be better than last years 9-7 record after they added Jay Cutler?

Then again I never really asked about the Bears or Miami.
I asked what makes Packer fans believe that they will go from 6-10 to division champs this year.
What football related changes to last years Packer team or the two teams that finished in front of them will make this happen?
This is just a straight forward NFC North related question I am asking.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Then again I never really asked about the Bears or Miami.
I asked what makes Packer fans believe that they will go from 6-10 to division champs this year.
What football related changes to last years Packer team or the two teams that finished in front of them will make this happen?
This is just a straight forward NFC North related question I am asking.
Unless you wanna know every single opinion from every single pack fan, you already got that answer before...
But what I haven't discussed is that you cannot look only at one season, one record. Overall team value. PROVEN value. Expectation from the adcquired players (both draft and FA). Improvement comparison with the other teams in the division, and in the league. Schedule (not based on previous year's performance alone, but combined with all that I said before.)...
And BTW, I see a close race between the 3, but ultimately I see GB and CHI making the playoffs. GB division champs but a close race nonetheless... And I do see one NFC N team making the wildcard. But it's hard. Two is impossible IMO, not with the NFC E...

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Aaron Rouse's responses are typical of all Packer interviews; straight forward and unpretentious. This shows me real character. Even when an interviewer is baiting the player, he doesn't veer off course.

As for the upcoming season, I'm excited about the Packer's proven direction on offense and their new direction on defense.

Briznock

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Health - Especially defense and a 100% Rodgers and Grant. Are you here for any reason other than your hatred for the Packers? Why not go figure out why the Bears are going to go 6-10 this year with Urlacher calling Cutler out already.

Scheme - Capers and the 3-4. The personnel (if they stay healthy) is there and Capers is a proven defense mind. Packers are on their way to dethrone the Bears as the NFC North's defensive powerhouse. Maybe not this year, but its coming.

Experience - They have been one of the youngest teams for 2 years now. And playing together for a couple of years can really bring out the best. They are still a solid ATHLETIC group and know each other and each others' tendencies now. That really propels a defense and can synch up and offense.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the topic himself, I allways liked him. Thought he could be a starter. But he had all the chances last year, and failed. Maybe he can improve in the new scheme, with the new coaches. But I don't consider him a factor...

Briznock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep a couple NFC north teams die in plane crashes in 2008 and the packers are there! So close!

Look at more than just the record to see they were so close... I agree, "so close" is a bit of an overstatement, but they weren't that far.

They lost 3 or 4 games on last second or OT field goals and another game or two they lost the lead with less than 3 or four minutes left. Chalk that up to the D being hampered by injury and Rodgers not being 100% to help lead a comeback.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Health - Especially defense and a 100% Rodgers and Grant. Are you here for any reason other than your hatred for the Packers? Why not go figure out why the Bears are going to go 6-10 this year with Urlacher calling Cutler out already.

Scheme - Capers and the 3-4. The personnel (if they stay healthy) is there and Capers is a proven defense mind. Packers are on their way to dethrone the Bears as the NFC North's defensive powerhouse. Maybe not this year, but its coming.

Experience - They have been one of the youngest teams for 2 years now. And playing together for a couple of years can really bring out the best. They are still a solid ATHLETIC group and know each other and each others' tendencies now. That really propels a defense and can synch up and offense.

Still not a real answer but don't feel bad.
I have asked the very same question of Packer fans on several sites and have not received one real answer yet.
It is all based on hopes and wishes just like your prediction of the Bears going 6-10 this season.
If you can't tell me why the Packers will win the division then tell me why the Bears will go 6-10?
Is it because you follow gossip from a no talent reject like Bobby Wade?
You are also stating that the Packers are so young yet the other day I proved that the average age of the Bears defensive players was younger than that of the Packers right here on this forum.
Are the Bears old on offense?
Other than a couple of their O linemen where are the Bears old?
WR?
QB?
RB?
TE?

You mention Health.
Are you under the impression that the Packers are the only team in the NFL that had injuries last year? Are you assuming that not only will the other teams in the league not be bringing back healthy players but no one will be injured this season as well?

How about Scheme?
The Packers will master a totally new defense and not make any mistakes in just one pre-season going against the past history of teams that switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 struggling for at least a year to get it right?

You also brought up Experience.
So the Bears unit that has been playing together for several years is old but when the Packers play together for several years it means that they are a unit that has meshed and know each other well?
How many rookies were starting for or even playing for the Packers last year?
Matthews and Raji will be rookies this year and from what I have read here you are expecting them to step in and make a huge difference in the new defense.
Of course you are also expecting all the other teams rookies to be nothing more than rookies for no other reason than they are not wearing green and gold.
Packer rookies are special in comparison to all other rookies?

Other than the local Packer Internet sites and the Wisconsin newspapers, who is picking the Packers to win this division?
You are taking this as trolling or me picking a fight when all I am doing is asking you about your own team and your own predictions for the Packers and the rest of the NFC North.
If you are going to pick the Packers to leap over not one but two teams that the rest of the football world has pegged ahead of the Packers then you should be able to explain why.
If you can't then me asking the question is not the problem... it is the prediction itself that is off base.

Briznock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just did explain why the PACKERS will be better. I don't care about the Bears. That is why I am on the PACKERFORUM. Read my post. I gave three reasons why they will be better. I've never personally claimed they were going to win the division. Again, read my posts if you want to bug me with your assumptions. I gave my reasons they will be better. I'm sorry you didn't bother reading and have a need to bug everyone here with your stuff.

Answer this for me... Why do you bother frequenting Packers fan sites and bugging them with your rants and non-post reading antics?

Yes every team had injuries, and every team was brought down by them. But the Packers lost quite a few starters and had a QB put up some pretty good numbers for a season in which his shoulder wasn't 100%. They lost 5 or 6 close games that a banged up D couldn't hold onto.

I don't follow the Bears' team nor the gossip, I know the Packers because I watch and follow them because I like the team. I don't bother following the teams I don't root for, I don't bother wasting my time bugging some other teams fans with my crap. My Bears' fan friends give me updates on them because I've got better things to do than bug internet going Bears fans with my beef with the team.

I came here to follow the Packers and chat with Packers fans. Go bug someone else.

Oh yeah... And 12 Championships.

Consider your posts disregarded going forward.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just did explain why the PACKERS will be better. I don't care about the Bears. That is why I am on the PACKERFORUM. Read my post. I gave three reasons why they will be better. I've never personally claimed they were going to win the division. Again, read my posts if you want to bug me with your assumptions. I gave my reasons they will be better. I'm sorry you didn't bother reading and have a need to bug everyone here with your stuff.

Answer this for me... Why do you bother frequenting Packers fan sites and bugging them with your rants and non-post reading antics?

Yes every team had injuries, and every team was brought down by them. But the Packers lost quite a few starters and had a QB put up some pretty good numbers for a season in which his shoulder wasn't 100%. They lost 5 or 6 close games that a banged up D couldn't hold onto.

I don't follow the Bears' team nor the gossip, I know the Packers because I watch and follow them because I like the team. I don't bother following the teams I don't root for, I don't bother wasting my time bugging some other teams fans with my crap. My Bears' fan friends give me updates on them because I've got better things to do than bug internet going Bears fans with my beef with the team.

I came here to follow the Packers and chat with Packers fans. Go bug someone else.

Oh yeah... And 12 Championships.

Consider your posts disregarded going forward.

Just what I expected almost word for word.
Talk about tradition.:blind:

Briznock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse showed some great flashes of being a playmaking safety, but in all honestly, I LOVE what I saw out of Bigby when he was playing. He hits HARD and is a ball hawk. Unfortunately with that kind of play comes injuries which he wasn't able to avoid last year. I like that they will have a heathly competition in the deep secondary though. It brings out the best.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration, I know that no answer will be the "correct" answer in your book, but I will give it a shot. The Packers will be much better this year due to a number of things. Rodgers has had time to work with this team for a while now and has real game time experience. I look for him to be in the top 3 quarterbacks in the league this year. Confidence is another thing that the team has more of this year. The team knows that they have a great qb to lead them this year. The team was a little divided last year once Brett started playing for the Jets and it seemed like it took a few games for Rodgers to start to gain their trust. The Packers also brought in a great D coach that will have them playing with fire and intensity. The Packers drafted great this year and plugged all of their holes from last year in the 1st round. The Packers will be able to stop the run this year, which is an area they greatly lacked last year. The team is set up to make a run now and should be good for may years to come. Grant held out last training camp and when he did come back he was not himself due to injury. I feel that the Packers are the only complete team in the NFC North. The Bears now have a very good qb, something they have lacked for years. The Bears lack quality wide receivers, but have a good D and special teams. The Vikings have a great team, but not a true qb. The Vikings with all the drama around getting Favre have done their team a great disservice. The Lions are very young and have made many changes that will take a few years to start being effective. The Packers should win 10-11 games this year. If you watched any Packers games last year, it was clear the areas they were lacking. All of these areas have been fixed, providing Grant can be effective so Rodgers can use play action effectively now. Everyting can be debated, but one thing is for sure; it is going to be one fun season. :happy0005:

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Be honest.

I am looking at our division:

Lions, that is 2 wins right there, they are not going to win the division.

Vikings, going to rely on TJ to beat us??? Don't think so, that guy is going to get picked apart worse than last year, specially with our first round draft picks which will force him into bad plays.

Bears are the only unknown that I have right now. Cutler is a good QB but who is he going to throw to and how is their running game? The Bears defense is old and tired, expect Urlacher to get exposed this year.

I think we CAN win the division. We are only going to get better from last year and I think that will be enough to win the division.

Members online

Latest posts