Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because clothes mandates effectively prevent me and my children from seeing people’s junk.

Mask mandates don’t effectively prevent covid spread.
Do they help? Is some better than none? How oppressive is wearing a mask? I have both shots and the booster, and I wear a mask when the facility advises it. I also wear on when my volunteer activities require it.

Tough to reply to the first part, as I'm not sure if you're being cute or really think that offensive visuals (with which I completely agree) are more important than health and safety.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out. I love all the defenders of the HIPAA that don't even have a clue what it is.
I've sat thru more inane HIPPA meetings than probably any of you and HIPPA doesn't know what HIPPA is. There is also letter of the law and spirit of the law applications to consider as well. It's intention was to keep health records out of non-healthcare realms because they thought patients would not seek care if they knew others INCLUDING employers could go take a look see. But after a few decades, the people that want to know have pushed the boundaries and here we are and most people are ready to just say "ok" it's for a good reason.

For all of YOU experts that like to disparage everyone else, it's the gay 90's and I'm a physician that works in OR, do I have to disclose my HIV status to my employer? Did they even ask? They can ask, always could, but nobody was "required" to show them anything. Heck, they don't even make you take a TB vax to work in TB clinic.

Can they make you submit your mental health records? They can make you under go an eval, but can they require you to submit your records for employment? should they be able to?
One thing to note to those that don't think we should know about a players vaccination status here. Personally, I don't think it is right, but then we also shouldn't know about players concussions, ACLs, MCLs, ankle sprains, broken legs...

It pertains to football and why Rodgers isn't playing. They're going to report on it.
When seeing a team employed doctor, HIPPA does not apply at all. The contracts are between the doctors and the team, no patient confidentiality in that at all. If the patient is seeing a private doctor, it's supposed to be private. Now injury stuff they probably share because 99 times or more out of 100 it's to get the athlete back as best and as quickly as possible. And i'm sure they have clauses in their contracts about disclosing somethings like, You couldn't go have a knee scoped in the offseason by your personal doctor and keep it secret from the team when you're up for a contract or something. But if you tripped and knocked a tooth out or hurt your neck and went and saw someone, you'd be required to tell them jack and they couldn't force you to turn over records to see either.
Small nit and part of my COVID is confusing. One is (counter intuitively) most contagious 1-2 days before symptoms show up.

Without getting too far off into the weeds, there seems to be evidence that vaccines are indeed superior. Some sources I dug up (doing my best to ignore questionable summary sites. Looking at you WebMD)

Is natural immunity sufficient? Unsure. Politically driven nonsense? We have evidence (not proof, mind you) that it is not.
I only checked your first one and I gotta say, it was pretty poor. There are example after example of people being near someone in a building with Covid and testing positive and being sent home for 2 weeks despite zero symptoms with them or any family member in that time. They were forced to be tested because of proximity at workplaces or school usually.

Now FF to today, remember, vaccinated people are not routinely tested unless they have symptoms and even then they are not always. Unvax'd are still routinely tested as close contacts or as part of workplace mitigation. It's a biased pool of subjects from the very start and a small one at that. AND not all vax status is entered into KY's Immunization portal. We have the same in WI and it is not accurate at all. That study is severely limited and I'd be careful to draw too many conclusions from it.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Certainly only time will tell, but I wonder about the Adams part. Because so much of what he contributes seems to be the AR chemistry, will he be anywhere nearly as effective with Love?

Yes...see tape of Adams excelling with Brett Hundley at qb

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears Kurt Benkert on the PS is also in COVID protocol. We all better hope Love doesn't come down with it...

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mask mandates don’t effectively prevent covid spread.

So that is tricky it depends on how you argue it.

Pardon me while I make a very big analogy....

I see COVID as a case study of network security played out in the real world.

Masks, quarantine, testing, vaccines...all of them have parallels in network security. Firewalls, AV, network segregation, IDS, spam scanners...

Masks are best analogous to firewalls. It exists to filter traffic (air). But your webserver has to allow inbound TCP 80 (http) and 443 (https) to baseline function. Should your webserver be compromised, a proper egress policy prevents the compromise from spreading. If you don't allow outbound 25 and 465, it can't send mail. Etc etc.

In the middle 00's, I was a security technician. I was routinely scanning IDS events as part of my job. It was common for (non-customer) compromised machines to scan and try to spread to (customer) patched systems. If those systems had better egress rules, I wouldn't even see crap. And all it takes is one Oops by a someone who is not patched and not currently infected to get the virus and the problem continues for everyone just that much longer. And even if you're Linux machine getting blasted by an exploit targeting Windows machines, you've gotta absorb the junk request anyway. And it's clogging up the internet for everyone.

Network security is not a place, not a destination. You layer defenses and try to keep ahead of the badies. The more things you do right, the less likely it is for you to get compromised/infected/fished/etc.

To wrap it up, Masks is egress filtering. They seem to offer negligible to minimal protection to the wearer, but significant prevention to spreading from some one with COVID.

In short, mask doesn't protect you, it protects others. And by wearing a mask, you're helping to keep hospitals from being ovewhelmed. And maybe keeping a bed free when Grandpa Joe or Uncle Bob has a heart attack and needs it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I am fully vaccinated but if I have no symptoms I could be unknowingly spreading it to others too. I know of some folks who don't like shots of any kind are resisting this vaccination because they believe it doesn't work. Perhaps AR feels the same way? And all this angst against Rodgers - I don't recall folks getting upset with Lazard. He isn't the QB but his contributions were noticeably absent and missed last Thursday night. He is one of our better blockers out there doing the "dirty work" so others can succeed. Thankfully KC's defense isn't all that great so we should be okay. Instead of blasting AR we should all be hoping Love doesn't come down with it or we'd be in a real pickle!
One poster here said that Lazard should be cut. I'm waiting to see if he says the same about Rodgers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love has a lot of talent and ability, and has had a year and a half of learning the system and the game. I'm not Doom and gloom about having him start.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s true. Ivermectin has been effective. CNN has half the country calling it “horse dewormer.” Their own in house MD, Sanjay Gupta, has said that was a false characterization. They don’t care. People who don’t like masks and vaccines like it so it must be bad.

The issue I have here is I've not seen it be "effective." It's (afaik) effective against worms, parasites, and head lice. AFAIK, there hasn't been a good study to prove it works for COVID treatment. Given time, this may or may not hold up. It may be proven effective.

The issue with it seems to be many people are buying horse dewormer from farm stores and consuming it as medicine. That's risky. The dose for a literal horse is different for a human.
It’s been prescribed to hundreds of members of congress, btw.

So you're saying you trust congress implicitly? ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So that is tricky it depends on how you argue it.

Pardon me while I make a very big analogy....

I see COVID as a case study of network security played out in the real world.

Masks, quarantine, testing, vaccines...all of them have parallels in network security. Firewalls, AV, network segregation, IDS, spam scanners...

Masks are best analogous to firewalls. It exists to filter traffic (air). But your webserver has to allow inbound TCP 80 (http) and 443 (https) to baseline function. Should your webserver be compromised, a proper egress policy prevents the compromise from spreading. If you don't allow outbound 25 and 465, it can't send mail. Etc etc.

In the middle 00's, I was a security technician. I was routinely scanning IDS events as part of my job. It was common for (non-customer) compromised machines to scan and try to spread to (customer) patched systems. If those systems had better egress rules, I wouldn't even see crap. And all it takes is one Oops by a someone who is not patched and not currently infected to get the virus and the problem continues for everyone just that much longer. And even if you're Linux machine getting blasted by an exploit targeting Windows machines, you've gotta absorb the junk request anyway. And it's clogging up the internet for everyone.

Network security is not a place, not a destination. You layer defenses and try to keep ahead of the badies. The more things you do right, the less likely it is for you to get compromised/infected/fished/etc.

To wrap it up, Masks is egress filtering. They seem to offer negligible to minimal protection to the wearer, but significant prevention to spreading from some one with COVID.

In short, mask doesn't protect you, it protects others. And by wearing a mask, you're helping to keep hospitals from being ovewhelmed. And maybe keeping a bed free when Grandpa Joe or Uncle Bob has a heart attack and needs it.
Kind of? in small, relatively short interactions there is some benefit. More if you're all in properly fitted R/KN-95. But make no mistake, it is limited and workplace or schools? there isn't much point as they don't filter really anything. In 30 min of no masks you have the same viral particles in the air as 45 min of masked. You're working/schooling and 8 hour day. You're not protected.

But there are situations where it is warranted. Is it such a great benefit it is worth the division they've caused? not likely.

As for overrunning hospitals, as of August we were 1000 beds fewer in WI than last year. We haven't even hit the mass firings of 10-40% depending on the hospital. are we really concerned with that? I mean really?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of? in small, relatively short interactions there is some benefit. More if you're all in properly fitted R/KN-95. But make no mistake, it is limited and workplace or schools? there isn't much point as they don't filter really anything. In 30 min of no masks you have the same viral particles in the air as 45 min of masked. You're working/schooling and 8 hour day. You're not protected.

Again, I'm not arguing for masks as protecting the wearer. All studies/evidence I have consumed seems to line up with your statements for such a situation. Better than nothing, but not significant.

It's the egress. As far as we currently know, COVID is primarily droplet transmitted. A mask prevents/slows down droplet speed and distance. A person with COVID is less likely to transmit if they are wearing a mask.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As others are pointing out. Do the math. IF...Rodgers was vaccinated, he wouldn't be in the protocol he is being put into.

I've sat thru more inane HIPPA meetings than probably any of you and HIPPA doesn't know what HIPPA is. There is also letter of the law and spirit of the law applications to consider as well. It's intention was to keep health records out of non-healthcare realms because they thought patients would not seek care if they knew others INCLUDING employers could go take a look see. But after a few decades, the people that want to know have pushed the boundaries and here we are and most people are ready to just say "ok" it's for a good reason.

For all of YOU experts that like to disparage everyone else, it's the gay 90's and I'm a physician that works in OR, do I have to disclose my HIV status to my employer? Did they even ask? They can ask, always could, but nobody was "required" to show them anything. Heck, they don't even make you take a TB vax to work in TB clinic.

Can they make you submit your mental health records? They can make you under go an eval, but can they require you to submit your records for employment? should they be able to?

When seeing a team employed doctor, HIPPA does not apply at all. The contracts are between the doctors and the team, no patient confidentiality in that at all. If the patient is seeing a private doctor, it's supposed to be private. Now injury stuff they probably share because 99 times or more out of 100 it's to get the athlete back as best and as quickly as possible. And i'm sure they have clauses in their contracts about disclosing somethings like, You couldn't go have a knee scoped in the offseason by your personal doctor and keep it secret from the team when you're up for a contract or something. But if you tripped and knocked a tooth out or hurt your neck and went and saw someone, you'd be required to tell them jack and they couldn't force you to turn over records to see either.

I only checked your first one and I gotta say, it was pretty poor. There are example after example of people being near someone in a building with Covid and testing positive and being sent home for 2 weeks despite zero symptoms with them or any family member in that time. They were forced to be tested because of proximity at workplaces or school usually.

Now FF to today, remember, vaccinated people are not routinely tested unless they have symptoms and even then they are not always. Unvax'd are still routinely tested as close contacts or as part of workplace mitigation. It's a biased pool of subjects from the very start and a small one at that. AND not all vax status is entered into KY's Immunization portal. We have the same in WI and it is not accurate at all. That study is severely limited and I'd be careful to draw too many conclusions from it.
Typical Mondio response. "I am going to cloud the issue with a bunch of crap that has no real bearing on what the rest of you are talking about." Save your lectures on Covid for someone else and stop responding to me. We obviously disagree on the subject and your drivel doesn't change my mind...ever.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I'm not arguing for masks as protecting the wearer. All studies/evidence I have consumed seems to line up with your statements for such a situation. Better than nothing, but not significant.

It's the egress. As far as we currently know, COVID is primarily droplet transmitted. A mask prevents/slows down droplet speed and distance. A person with COVID is less likely to transmit if they are wearing a mask.
as far as we should have known from the very outset when people quarantined to their rooms on a ship with the same ventilation and showed transmission, it is as aerosolized as every other respiratory infection we deal with. yes a mask will help with someone coughing or sneezing on you. It won't do anything when you're sharing space, time and air with someone

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical Mondio response. "I am going to cloud the issue with a bunch of crap that has no real bearing on what the rest of you are talking about." Save your lectures on Covid for someone else and stop responding to me. We obviously disagree on the subject and your drivel doesn't change my mind...ever.
I'll respond to what I like thank you.

I didn't think you'd actually be equipped to respond in any way other than what you did. it was more for other readers.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I blame Joe Barry! Fire Joe Barry!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A lot of that makes sense… however one thing i’ve noticed from people I know that claim… “oh I’ve had it so I don’t need the vaccine” is that they assume that since they had it a year ago …. they are assuming they are still protecited. This does not appear to be the case. Boosters are out there for the vaccines for that exact reason…. the antibodies do not appear to stay in your system forever. Personally… I‘ve had Covid… I’ve also been vaccinated… and I got the booster last week. I don’t understand all the people that are so stubborn that they think hedging your bets everywhere you can is a bad idea.
Come on man.....don't confuse them with facts!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As others are pointing out. Do the math. IF...Rodgers was vaccinated, he wouldn't be in the protocol he is being put into.

It's splitting hairs, but I don't believe the intent was to ever get rid of COVID-19.

At the onset, it was serious. We had no treatment, no vaccine, and people were dying--and while it was mostly the old who are at risk for most types of flu-death, the wasn't a perfect pattern. We couldn't reliably define at-risk populations.

Almost worse, and this is the sneaky part, it was overwhelming hospitals. The United States doesn't have a ton of hospital beds. The "worst" states have 1.7 beds per 1000, the "best" have 4.8 per 1000 (https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...-by-hospital-beds-per-1-000-population-2.html)

Fast forward to now: We have a vaccine, but (afaik) the other issues persist. Still fatal for some people, a large enough outbreak can overwhelm hospital, and we don't have a good treatment plan. We don't have to shutdown the world anymore, but should pay attention to what is going on and attempt to limit transmission.
Tell that to Russia.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

@PFTCommenter

·

The difference between most people saying “im immunized” vs Aaron Rogers saying “im immunized”, is like the difference between most people saying “I love you like a brother” and Aaron Rogers saying “I love you like a brother”

Reaction score
Rodgers needs the same allowances the rest of us need (that’s if he did anything wrong which I have not seen 1oz of proof) When we hold everyone accountable to the letter of the law, expect to be held accountable ourselves at that same harsh standard. Everyone is always anxious to hang their brother, until they are the ones on the wrong end of that stick.

I’m as irritated as the next guy at how Aaron handled (or didn’t handle) things this off-season, but let’s be reasonable here… by no means should a guy infected with an airborne illness, that isn’t his doing, have to pay a hefty price for it. When we start holding each other to these harsh standards, then boy have we evolved into a non-compassionate society

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can't find the Jordon Love vs the Chiefs thread ???
Should I check the Packers forum or stay here in the medical experts forum ??
Appears that this thread is clearly marked "Aaron Rodgers has Covid".

Try pulling your mask down a bit, you will see better and find the thread you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts