Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shooot....we need a backup QB. If Gabbert is vaccinated we might want to call him ASAP

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
While possible, all I've seen about this is two reporters citing each other on Twitter. Their evidence is that Rodgers said "immunized" rather than "vaccinated" in an interview.

Vs. his behavior/allowed behavior the league has set for vaccinated vs. not-vaccinateted.

• He's not wearing a mask on the sideline
• He didn't wear a mask on the sideline during the pre-season, even though he was inactive
• He conducts his post-game interviews w/o a mask in person
• He was not designated a close-contact when Adams was positive (ala Lazard)

If he legitimately is not vaccinated, then the NFL royally screwed up. Or the Packers royally screwed up and are not enforcing league policies. In such a situation, I'd expect a fine and possible draft pick loss.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Because Rodgers wasn't wearing a mask we should lose draft picks?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Because Rodgers wasn't wearing a mask we should lose draft picks?

In a round-about way...maybe?

From what I/we can see, Rodgers has conducted himself as someone who is vaccinated according to league policies.

If it is confirmed that he is not vaccinated, that means rules are not being followed. Then we have a decision tree.

1. The NFL is making this up as it goes and nothing serious is likely to happen.

2. The Packers are not enforcing the NFL's rules regarding unvaccinated players. In such a situation, the league could fine the Packers.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently he is not vaccinated. So that puts him in jeopardy of missing the Seattle game as well.

Apparently he said he is "immunized". Maybe he got it before and it won't be so bad for him.

according to the CDC:
  • Immunization is a process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination.

edit: they mean essentially the same thing and they are terms that are often used interchangeably. sports journalists are just dumb.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While possible, all I've seen about this is two reporters citing each other on Twitter. Their evidence is that Rodgers said "immunized" rather than "vaccinated" in an interview.

Vs. his behavior/allowed behavior the league has set for vaccinated vs. not-vaccinateted.

• He's not wearing a mask on the sideline
• He didn't wear a mask on the sideline during the pre-season, even though he was inactive
• He conducts his post-game interviews w/o a mask in person
• He was not designated a close-contact when Adams was positive (ala Lazard)

If he legitimately is not vaccinated, then the NFL royally screwed up. Or the Packers royally screwed up and are not enforcing league policies. In such a situation, I'd expect a fine and possible draft pick loss.
We have to remember folks can still get it even if they are vaccinated. Just ask D. Adams...

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to remember folks can still get it even if they are vaccinated. Just ask D. Adams...

100% agree! I'm merely pointing out two reporters are stating, via Twitter, that Rodgers is unvaccinated. If that is the case, everything gets more complicated.

Assuming he is vaccinated, I'd have to presume he has symptoms to already be declared out and/or they don't feel confident he'll clear two tests based on their experience with Adams.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The pandemic is over. Just let it die already. This is getting ridiculous.

Indeed.

People not mentally broken by panic-**** are living completely normal lives, while others are still going through unless cycles of vaccines, lockdowns, masks, boosters, quarantines, and on and on and on.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he legitimately is not vaccinated, then the NFL royally screwed up.
It shouldn't be any of the NFL's business. Does the NFL mandate HPV, Hepatitis A or Hepatitis B (STD) vaccines for ALL players? Do they mandate Shingles vaccines for ALL coaches over 50. HIPAA is supposed to keep YOUR personal health information from your employers but the COVID government over-reach has allowed employers into your business.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both devante and barry were vaccinated. both missed a game for testing positive. being vaccinated doesn't guarantee you won't get the virus. the best numbers that i have seen say the 2-dose vaccines are about 90 - 95% effective. so, the packers having numerous personnel test positive is way outside the bell curve. of course the rapid covid tests aren't that reliable either. either they are not testing properly or maybe the team got a bad batch of vaccine.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly only time will tell, but I wonder about the Adams part. Because so much of what he contributes seems to be the AR chemistry, will he be anywhere nearly as effective with Love?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Apparently he said he is "immunized". Maybe he got it before and it won't be so bad for him.

Given that natural immunity appears to be more durable and effective than vaccination, I'm sure he will be fine.

But of course he will have to be treated as though he's far more of a risk than a vaccination person, flying in the face of all the evidence, because the league has to punish players who made their own decisions rather than knuckling under to a one-size fits all prescription.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
but the COVID government over-reach has allowed employers into your business.
I never read that the Government dictates what the NFL is doing in regards to COVID. Can you point me to the article?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont think anyone is suggesting you cant. I think the crux here is that, based on current reporting, Rodgers appears to be ineligible for the "test negative 2 days in a row" deal that vaxxed players are afforded so he must not be vaccinated. But this fact would be conflicting with the how Rodgers has been following sideline procedures for vaccinated players that the previous poster stated. They're just pointing out the disconnect there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly only time will tell, but I wonder about the Adams part. Because so much of what he contributes seems to be the AR chemistry, will he be anywhere nearly as effective with Love?
He still played at a very high level with Hundley whereas Jordy disappeared. I think Adams is just good. Sure they have experience together, but nobody is quicker in 2 steps on that field than Adams it seems. Even on the replays when I know where he ends up, i'm not sure where he's going when they slow mo his feet LOL

He'll be where he's supposed to be and MLF will call a gameplan to suit them both.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It shouldn't be any of the NFL's business.

That's a different question.

The NFL has a policy for "Prove you are vaccinated and you get set of rules A. Fail to prove you are vaccinated and you get set of rules B."

My point is merely that if Rodgers is indeed unvaccinated, then he got 'set of Rules A' incorrectly. If the application of that policy was the Packers choice, then the Packers will likely face penalties.

HIPAA is supposed to keep YOUR personal health information from your employers

Strictly speaking, that's not true. HIPAA relates to how hospitals (and their employees, contractors, vendors, and etc) can and cannot share medical information. There may be other laws about what medical information your employer can know/is allowed to ask, but HIPPA ain't it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
both devante and barry were vaccinated. both missed a game for testing positive. being vaccinated doesn't guarantee you won't get the virus. the best numbers that i have seen say the 2-dose vaccines are about 90 - 95% effective. so, the packers having numerous personnel test positive is way outside the bell curve. of course the rapid covid tests aren't that reliable either. either they are not testing properly or maybe the team got a bad batch of vaccine.

My understanding, and I am not 100% on this so don't hear me declaring the absolute truth here, is that vaccines are more effective at decreasing severity and keeping people from getting seriously sick than they are at preventing someone from carrying a viral load that could be detected by a test.

And that would make sense. Because any sort of immunity, vaccinated or natural, doesn't somehow create a forcefield that keeps the virus out of your body. It allows your body to efficiently produce the antibodies necessary to fight the virus effectively if and when it does infect you. So you don't get sick at all, or you get less severe symptoms.

So it would only make sense that a vaccinated person could still carry and spread the virus, though not a virulently if they aren't manifesting serious symptoms (e.g. lots of coughing and sneezing) which tend to force the spread further.

But the league treating vaccination as far safer than natural immunity is incoherent. It's just politically driven nonsense.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
One thing to note to those that don't think we should know about a players vaccination status here. Personally, I don't think it is right, but then we also shouldn't know about players concussions, ACLs, MCLs, ankle sprains, broken legs...

It pertains to football and why Rodgers isn't playing. They're going to report on it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Strictly speaking, that's not true. HIPAA relates to how hospitals (and their employees, contractors, vendors, and etc) can and cannot share medical information. There may be other laws about what medical information your employer can know/is allowed to ask, but HIPPA ain't it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I love all the defenders of the HIPAA that don't even have a clue what it is.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What is so difficult to understand ? If he tested positive, he might feel fine but could spread it to others who might not be so fine. :(

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% agree! I'm merely pointing out two reporters are stating, via Twitter, that Rodgers is unvaccinated. If that is the case, everything gets more complicated.

Assuming he is vaccinated, I'd have to presume he has symptoms to already be declared out and/or they don't feel confident he'll clear two tests based on their experience with Adams.
yes, I think they have different rules for vaccinated and unvax'd and also the 24 hour 2 test rule is with positive test but no symptoms. With symptoms it's probably X days after symptoms disappear and then negative tests. and that should be the same for any player I think.

Positive test no symptoms, no play until 2 negative tests a day apart.

Symptoms, no play for X days and then negative tests and considering viral loads are pretty equal in people with either status and it's replicated with every new study coming out I'm not sure why they are segregating players based on vax status when it should be by testing status as either status will have the same viral load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts