Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm amazed at those that are now questioning how the NFL decided to deal with COVID this season.....back in what....July and then final revisions in August? Where were you then?

Is it because our beloved Rodgers is now in play or did I miss something and the conditions have changed?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From ESPN..."This summer, Rodgers petitioned the NFL to have an “alternative treatment” count as a vaccination. The NFL denied his request and has considered him unvaccinated since the start of the season."

I'm starting to think he took the horse medicine and lied to the team. If so he should be suspended a few games as well since he hasn't been wearing a mask on the sideline (like unvaxxed players do) and has been following none of the protocols. My bigger concern is whether the team is going to face any punishments on this

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm amazed at those that are now questioning how the NFL decided to deal with COVID this season.....back in what....July and then final revisions in August? Where were you then?

Is it because our beloved Rodgers is now in play or did I miss something and the conditions have changed?

I have consistently scoffed at irrational covid hysteria.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it would only make sense that a vaccinated person could still carry and spread the virus, though not a virulently if they aren't manifesting serious symptoms (e.g. lots of coughing and sneezing) which tend to force the spread further.

Small nit and part of my COVID is confusing. One is (counter intuitively) most contagious 1-2 days before symptoms show up.

But the league treating vaccination as far safer than natural immunity is incoherent. It's just politically driven nonsense.

Without getting too far off into the weeds, there seems to be evidence that vaccines are indeed superior. Some sources I dug up (doing my best to ignore questionable summary sites. Looking at you WebMD)

Is natural immunity sufficient? Unsure. Politically driven nonsense? We have evidence (not proof, mind you) that it is not.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
From ESPN..."This summer, Rodgers petitioned the NFL to have an “alternative treatment” count as a vaccination. The NFL denied his request and has considered him unvaccinated since the start of the season."

I'm starting to think he took the horse medicine and lied to the team. If so he should be suspended a few games as well since he hasn't been wearing a mask on the sideline (like unvaxxed players do) and has been following none of the protocols. My bigger concern is whether the team is going to face any punishments on this

Ivermectin is a medication that's been prescribed to millions of people and is effective. It's been prescribed to hundreds of members of congress.

The "horse medicine" is a politically motivated lie used to cudgel people who would dare step outside of the mainstream protocol.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I have consistently scoffed at irrational covid hysteria.

And that possibly why it`s still out there. I honestly believe had it in milder form twice in the past two years.
I`ve also lost THREE workmates. One with Covid directly, and two with complications caused by Covid.

Reaction score
My understanding, and I am not 100% on this so don't hear me declaring the absolute truth here, is that vaccines are more effective at decreasing severity and keeping people from getting seriously sick than they are at preventing someone from carrying a viral load that could be detected by a test.

And that would make sense. Because any sort of immunity, vaccinated or natural, doesn't somehow create a forcefield that keeps the virus out of your body. It allows your body to efficiently produce the antibodies necessary to fight the virus effectively if and when it does infect you. So you don't get sick at all, or you get less severe symptoms.

So it would only make sense that a vaccinated person could still carry and spread the virus, though not a virulently if they aren't manifesting serious symptoms (e.g. lots of coughing and sneezing) which tend to force the spread further.

But the league treating vaccination as far safer than natural immunity is incoherent. It's just politically driven nonsense.
Yes. I’m double shotted as of April. I still got it in July from an unvaccinated person I work with (they essentially admitted it) however my severity was what I’d call 40% strength (my opinion from what others I work with experienced). The effects were noticeable for me until about 6-7 weeks, then I felt great. Lots of sneezing, but no fever to speak of. Minor Fatigue for about 4-5 weeks, a little irritability etc..

In the very beginning (state of spreading is short and mainly before you even have symptoms) giving rides to work to a vaccinated friend (he had broken his Driving foot). He was only working very limited PT, so he definitely caught it from me as he was mostly home bound at that time and his wife works for the state from home (homebody). 1 hour in a vehicle together.

However, my wife (vaccinated) NEVER caught it, but my daughter did! (unvaccinated) but bounced back inside a week tops. She’s 3 years old (that’s another conversation for another day!)

Point being you can absolutely get infected but our symptoms were less and we seemed to spread less severity imo. However the worst cases at work (2 older men hospitalized for 1-2 weeks came near death by their admission out of about 15 people that tested +) both were unvaccinated. It took them 2-3 months to get somewhat normal.

I’m not bragging just trying to let everyone know that vaccinated saved my family and I passed a less severe dose to others. I’m 100% positive it helped quite a bit, not even a 1% doubt.

There may be some people out there who are scared of this vaccine or scared of the virus, no need to be if prepared. I was cooking and didn’t even realize I had Delta until I couldn’t smell the spices I was adding to our dinner. I got the natural antibodies AND shots. Best of both worlds and those making this political are forgetting about that yiu can have your cake (vaccine) and eat it too (get the virus and natural resistance).

It’s the Jordan Love show !

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Small nit and part of my COVID is confusing. One is (counter intuitively) most contagious 1-2 days before symptoms show up.

Without getting too far off into the weeds, there seems to be evidence that vaccines are indeed superior. Some sources I dug up (doing my best to ignore questionable summary sites. Looking at you WebMD)

Is natural immunity sufficient? Unsure. Politically driven nonsense? We have evidence (not proof, mind you) that it is not.

I could cite evidence back to seems to suggest natural immunity is superior. The point being that both are effective, NOT that vaccines are useless or pointless.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

It clearly was Rodgers once again thinking that he is smarter than the average Bear and using the words "immunized" and not "Vaccinated."

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
And that possibly why it`s still out there. I honestly believe had it in milder form twice in the past two years.

Brother... do you honestly think that an airborne virus is still out there because we aren't continuing to lock down and mask everywhere and mandate vaccines?

Why are influenza or common cold viruses still out there?

We are not going to eradicate it. We never were. We don't have the capability to eradicate this type of virus.

You develop interventions and mitigation and you live with it. That's what we've always done because that's what we always had to do.

We need to stop ruining people's lives in countless ways in the attempt to accomplish the impossible.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It clearly was Rodgers once again thinking that he is smarter than the average Bear and using the words "immunized" and not "Vaccinated."

You gonna put him on ignore? That's what you do with people who don't see covid the same way you do, right? So no more commenting on anything having to do with Rodgers? I wouldn't want you getting offended now...

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
It shouldn't be any of the NFL's business. Does the NFL mandate HPV, Hepatitis A or Hepatitis B (STD) vaccines for ALL players? Do they mandate Shingles vaccines for ALL coaches over 50. HIPAA is supposed to keep YOUR personal health information from your employers but the COVID government over-reach has allowed employers into your business.
You ever been drug tested for a job?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Brother... do you honestly think that an airborne virus is still out there because we aren't continuing to lock down and mask everywhere and mandate vaccines?

Why are influenza or common cold viruses still out there?

We are not going to eradicate it. We never were. We don't have the capability to eradicate this type of virus.

You develop interventions and mitigation and you live with it. That's what we've always done because that's what we always had to do.

We need to stop ruining people's lives in countless ways in the attempt to accomplish the impossible.

Sorry, I just have to disagree with you completely.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`ve also lost THREE workmates. One with Covid directly, and two with complications caused by Covid.

I agree with this but I didn't think a "like" was appropriate given the content.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I really want a cited source to state he is or is not vaccinated. Not the Twitter circular quoting.

Until then, it's just clickbait.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sorry, I just have to disagree with you completely.

Ok, first off I want to say this: that's fine. I like interacting on this forum. I'm not trying to dunk on you or make you look like a fool. If you want to just move on, we can do that.

But here's my question if you want to answer it:

Do you believe that we could have eradicated covid? And if so, what do you base that on, given that every single other similar virus is now just a seasonal reality that we all live with?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really want a cited source to state he is or is not vaccinated. Not the Twitter circular quoting.

Multiple sources have cited that he petitioned the league to approve “ an alternative treatment” so he could be considered vaccinated, which suggests he is not vaccinated

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, first off I want to say this: that's fine. I like interacting on this forum. I'm not trying to dunk on you or make you look like a fool. If you want to just move on, we can do that.

Do you believe that we could have eradicated covid? And if so, what do you base that on, given that every single other similar virus is now just a seasonal reality that we all live with?
I feel like you and I have the same philosophy on this, get vaccinated, don’t get vaccinated, I understand either choice, however, it is literally never going away, no point in living in fear

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hes already been ruled out. If he was vaccinated he would still have 4 days to get two negatives. Put it together

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Until then, it's just clickbait

name your cited source, NBC via Dan Patrick has cited it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Multiple sources have cited that he petitioned the league to approve “ an alternative treatment” so he could be considered vaccinated, which suggests he is not vaccinated

I just read the ESPN article and that's better, but still not strong.

It's the difference between:

"studies have shown. . . " -- I am immediately skeptical

vs.

"According to the the following studies (insert links, titles, authors, pages numbers )" -- This carries actual weight.

After all the hubbub in this off season, I'm now applying this standard to Twittter.

I used to, but still am.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This discussion is pointless. You either believe scientists/virologists or you believe politicians. Over 700,000 dead Americans hasn't been enough to change minds so I doubt a Packers forum post is going to be the key.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I supported Aaron during the whole debacle. But this is unacceptable. Again putting self before team. This guy is just weird. This alternate medicine nut job crap. No wonder he and his family don't talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts