Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah its kind of eerie with 07 Rodgers and 22 Love ...

With 2022 a non playoff season, I think it's time

AR either retires or asks to be traded to an "all in" Super Bowl team. It's a shame, we never had any good defenses during his career here except maybe early in his career
It's called player development. It's very normal for QB's as well as most players in the NFL. Hurts is in his 3rd year also. It takes time. It took Favre and Rodgers time to find greatness too.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's called player development. It's very normal for QB's as well as most players in the NFL. Hurts is in his 3rd year also. It takes time. It took Favre and Rodgers time to find greatness too.
It took Favre getting clocked in the head on a goal line run against the Cowboys. After that game the light just came on for him. I always figured they knocked some sense into him.

Reaction score
With playoffs, I feel like we also know what we are going to get with AR...

Just like with Favre, we knew he was going to throw stupid interceptions that would cost the game(Eagles, Giants, Saints - w/Vikings)

With Rodgers, I feel like you know you're going to get a low/no turnover guy who will choke when it counts the most (Seahawks, Bucs, 49ers last year). People will blame 2014/Seahawks and last year 49ers on the ST, but he should have made more plays - especially in 2014.
2020 versus the Bucs, TB had 3 interceptions and we got like 3 points off them
-- he's just a playoff choker honestly

Time to move on
Yeah.
My argument would be this. I might not get AR prime. But I clearly don’t have that anymore anyways.

Would I rather have a $50M QB playing like a $37M guy who’s on a notable decline and has 3-5 years tops left.
Or
Have a $3M or $25M QB playing like a $30M guy on an incline and has 20+ years left
+ an extra $25-45M to spend on other positions each season

D

Deleted member 6794

We’ll take a huge cap hit trading Rogers. Doubt we’d get much for him. A second rounder at this point would be a gift.

You're delusional if you truly believe no other team would give up significantly more in a trade for Rodgers.

MLF is without question an excellent HC, but right now he needs to fire JB TOMORROW and hire Jim Leonhard.

It might be fair to question if MLF is truly an excellent head coach after the way this season is playing out. Unfortunately I don't believe Leonhard has any interest in coaching in the NFL.

9th overall.

The Packers defense ranked 13th in points allowed last season. Yards allowed is a terrible metric to evaluate a unit.

First of all the Packers scored seven points off those three interceptions by Brady. In addition they should rather be seen like punts considering the field position the Packers got the ball on all of them.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is done. The 2 touchdown throws were good, but that 2nd interception was a terrible decision and he had TIME too, good protection.

Loves noticeable improvement in his throwing motion, release point, accuracy and foot work(no more back foot throws) gives me confidence he can be successful

A HOFer? I don't know
What frustrated me on the first INT was that we only needed about 5 yards for the first down. Rodgers broke free from the rush and certainly even as old as he is could have easily gotten 5 yards. Now Love is certainly a young, healthy, physical specimen. Playing him will speed up his learning curve.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we won't see Rodgers again this season and if Love plays well we just saw Rodgers last game (for GB).

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahahahaha May or may not be right but I just think it's funny how often Rodgers does not have to take responsibility for not hitting his receivers.

It can go both ways. Against the Lions, Rodgers made two poor throws that resulted in picks. The receivers can run a poor route (as here) that results in a pick. A little evidence to support this position, Kurt Benkert:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I'm still of the opinion that Rodgers is playing roughly as good/bad as in the past 2-3 years. He doesn't (didn't, Waton's emergence has fixed *many* things) the talent around him to turn the OK throws into good completions. As a result, the OK (and lower) quality throws stand out in our minds. And since those throws aren't being completed, more drives stall, which again causes those poor throws to stand out.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With playoffs, I feel like we also know what we are going to get with AR...

Just like with Favre, we knew he was going to throw stupid interceptions that would cost the game(Eagles, Giants, Saints - w/Vikings)

With Rodgers, I feel like you know you're going to get a low/no turnover guy who will choke when it counts the most (Seahawks, Bucs, 49ers last year). People will blame 2014/Seahawks and last year 49ers on the ST, but he should have made more plays - especially in 2014.
-- he's just a playoff choker honestly

Time to move on
Exactly. Im tired if his drama queen “ I’m the true GOAT poor poor me if only the Packers would put a better team around me I’d be better than Tom Brady. My talents are being wasted here, I don’t know why I bother.” Time to move on (past time actually, shoulda done it a year ago saved $100Mil and have 4 day1 day 2 draft picks in our pocket.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deshone Kizer has an interesting story about Rodgers. I can't post the link but it's all over Twitter. Worth a watch.

Actually here it is...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is done. The 2 touchdown throws were good, but that 2nd interception was a terrible decision and he had TIME too, good protection.

Loves noticeable improvement in his throwing motion, release point, accuracy and foot work(no more back foot throws) gives me confidence he can be successful

A HOFer? I don't know

That second interception was a bad route by Davis who didn't square the root off, drifted upfield, and left a lane open for the safety to jump the route.

And if you disagree you can take it up with Benkert who agreed with me!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we won't see Rodgers again this season and if Love plays well we just saw Rodgers last game (for GB).

If you think that's Rodgers' last game in GB, you either think he's going to retire or have some inside info on the number of players the team is going to cut to account for the ENORMOUS cap hit that Green Bay will take by cutting or trading Rodgers. At best, if traded, Packers will have $40.3m in dead cap hit their books in 2023; the team trading for him would take on the rest of the salary but that $40.3m cannot be avoided in a trade.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Deshone Kizer has an interesting story about Rodgers. I can't post the link but it's all over Twitter. Worth a watch.

Actually here it is...
Read that earlier today. Doesn't surprise me one bit that Rodgers thinks 911 was a total conspiracy. Goes along with the way the guy thinks. I'm sure he is drinking scotch with Elvis and Kennedy every night too. ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't rely on Deshone Kizer to understand and accurately relay anything Rodgers said to him 4 years ago. The only thing weirding me out is how badly that guy sucked. here Kahlil, take this, I don't want it LOL. only memorable play he ever had.

what else doesn't surprise me, a few will jump on the bandwagon not having any clue to the context or why Rodgers may have said what he said but hey, this guy named Deshone has something to say about it, so it must be true.

We once spent about 2 weeks in an upper level History class talking about how the US may have known and allowed Japan to attack Pearl Harbor so we had an excuse to get in the war. Sometimes things are explored to question and look for answers. Sometimes they're brought up just to see how people react to them, receptive, inquisitive, shut down, skeptical etc.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't rely on Deshone Kizer to understand and accurately relay anything Rodgers said to him 4 years ago. The only thing weirding me out is how badly that guy sucked. here Kahlil, take this, I don't want it LOL. only memorable play he ever had.

what else doesn't surprise me, a few will jump on the bandwagon not having any clue to the context or why Rodgers may have said what he said but hey, this guy named Deshone has something to say about it, so it must be true.

We once spent about 2 weeks in an upper level History class talking about how the US may have known and allowed Japan to attack Pearl Harbor so we had an excuse to get in the war. Sometimes things are explored to question and look for answers. Sometimes they're brought up just to see how people react to them, receptive, inquisitive, shut down, skeptical etc.
Kizer came off as honest and humble when discussing his time in the nfl in the interview. He was in over his head, for sure, but his play in the NFL doesn't impact his read on Rodgers, IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts