Aaron Rodgers' 2022 Season

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been terrible this year. Yes, we're weak at WR which is on the front office. But Rodgers has made some awful decisions and has missed more throws than I've ever seen. Today's loss to the Lions was probably the worst game I've ever seen Rodgers play and this season is on track to be the worst of his career.

I doubt this season is salvageable at this point but is Rodgers done? He's said he doesn't want to play to 45 like Brady and it seems like we're going to have to enter a rebuilding period. Given that this season is nearly lost, it would be really helpful to see what Love can do.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that this season is nearly lost, it would be really helpful to see what Love can do.
GB isn't mathematically eliminated, yet. Would be highly improbable that they win 7 of last 8 to make the playoffs, but still possible.

Once they're knocked out of race (by Thanksgiving at latest) I would hope Love gets a lot of playing time. His 5th year option ($20mil) is due in May and GB brass need to know if Love is worth keeping or another 1 st round pick is required for the position.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why hasn’t the whole world recognized it? With one simple move, getting rid of Rodgers, all of the team’s problems are bound to be instantly solved, I just know it!

Reaction score
E
GB isn't mathematically eliminated, yet. Would be highly improbable that they win 7 of last 8 to make the playoffs, but still possible.

Once they're knocked out of race (by Thanksgiving at latest) I would hope Love gets a lot of playing time. His 5th year option ($20mil) is due in May and GB brass need to know if Love is worth keeping or another 1 st round pick is required for the position.
Exactly what I was thinking.
I would let #12 know my plans so there are no surprises. Play #12 only until mathematically eliminated.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but a lot of them would have been had we come to that realization last spring instead of giving Mr Petulant Mystery Man $250Mil
Sorry but nobody knows that for a fact. Even if they had the money they’re paying Mr PMM, there‘s no guarantee they wouldn’t just overpay some other guys (probably the wrong ones) and end up with the same calibur team we’re looking at right now.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but nobody knows that for a fact. Even if they had the money they’re paying Mr PMM, there‘s no guarantee they wouldn’t just overpay some other guys (probably the wrong ones) and end up with the same calibur team we’re looking at right now.
Actually we do. Who knows what this team could've done in FA with an extra 50M this year

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has been terrible this year. Yes, we're weak at WR which is on the front office. But Rodgers has made some awful decisions and has missed more throws than I've ever seen. Today's loss to the Lions was probably the worst game I've ever seen Rodgers play and this season is on track to be the worst of his career.

I doubt this season is salvageable at this point but is Rodgers done? He's said he doesn't want to play to 45 like Brady and it seems like we're going to have to enter a rebuilding period. Given that this season is nearly lost, it would be really helpful to see what Love can do.
Yes. Even on that post game show it was stated that it was the worst game Rodgers ever played. Love will not do much but he certainly will take off and run a lot which makes for a highlight. He needs a baptism of fire. He needs experience. So what if he takes his lumps. That is part of the process.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but a lot of them would have been had we come to that realization last spring instead of giving Mr Petulant Mystery Man $250Mil
I don't think anyone at 1265 thought Rodgers was going to play like this before this season started. I also believe if they thought Love was ready they would not have given AR such a generous extension. We are stuck with this offense. Perhaps we'll end up with a top 5 pick and Rodgers will decide to call it a career.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone at 1265 thought Rodgers was going to play like this before this season started. I also believe if they thought Love was ready they would not have given AR such a generous extension. We are stuck with this offense. Perhaps we'll end up with a top 5 pick and Rodgers will decide to call it a career.
Would you agree that the team and the fanbase are toast until 2025 or 2026 right now?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you agree that the team and the fanbase are toast until 2025 or 2026 right now?
This season is toast but we'll know more about the future this offseason if AR retires and/or the fates of Gute and this coaching staff. Our defense shouldn't be this lousy and undisciplined when you consider the talent we have. Poor game management and not adapting on the fly is not acceptable. Not adequately addressing the WR situation for years should be grounds for dismissal. How can a team go from the top seed in the NFC to one of the bottom feeders in 9 short months? This alone should put a bunch of guys on the hot seat.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing worse than watching Rodgers play triple bogey football. Is watching him get traded.... Only to play another 6 years at MVP level. Lol.

I pleasantly surprised there is not 15 trade rodgers threads by now. Maybe people figuring it out?

I haven't been watching. But it seems that when alexander got hurt. We havnt won since?

D

Deleted member 6794

A lot of fans unrealistically expected Rodgers to not miss a beat without any decent receiver on the roster. I warned all offseason long that there's a distinct possibility he would struggle like he did in 2015 after losing Nelson for the year during the preseason. Most posters around here rebuffed the idea as ridiculous. Nine games in it seems I was unfortunately being right about that.

While I don't believe Rodgers has gone from two time defending MVP to being done in less than a year I have to admit I have never seen him throw worse interceptions than the first two against the Lions yesterday. He looks completely rattled to me.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are absolutely right that our WRs are incredibly sub par, and that lies completely at the FO. It is incredibly frustrating to see the Pack not making moves at the trade deadline, and trotting out a bunch of question marks.

That being said, its not our WRs but our QB that is the most frustrating to see come gameday. It would have been great to have traded this supposed leader, who allegedly is all-in on the Packers and winning SBs here while simultaneously draining our cap space over the span of 3 years (doesnt really help in attracting premiere talent does it), while we still had the chance. Now that our winning ways are gone, the rot that is Aaron's character lays bare for anyone to see.

And to everyone saying oh get used to the Packers sucking for 3-4 years. Idgaf, Id rather have a highly motivated and positive QB that radiates that type of energy to the entire team (and keeps my team motivated) be 3-6 than this deplorable excuse of a man

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You are absolutely right that our WRs are incredibly sub par, and that lies completely at the FO. It is incredibly frustrating to see the Pack not making moves at the trade deadline, and trotting out a bunch of question marks.

That being said, its not our WRs but our QB that is the most frustrating to see come gameday. It would have been great to have traded this supposed leader, who allegedly is all-in on the Packers and winning SBs here while simultaneously draining our cap space over the span of 3 years (doesnt really help in attracting premiere talent does it), while we still had the chance. Now that our winning ways are gone, the rot that is Aaron's character lays bare for anyone to see.

And to everyone saying oh get used to the Packers sucking for 3-4 years. Idgaf, Id rather have a highly motivated and positive QB that radiates that type of energy to the entire team (and keeps my team motivated) be 3-6 than this deplorable excuse of a man
They tried for Dj Moore they were willing to give a 1st

Tried for Waller

And claypool but Pitts took bears 2nd rd

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should they sit him? If not now, then when?

Use the thumb as a pretense and tank with Love.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of fans unrealistically expected Rodgers to not miss a beat without any decent receiver on the roster. I warned all offseason long that there's a distinct possibility he would struggle like he did in 2015 after losing Nelson for the year during the preseason. Most posters around here rebuffed the idea as ridiculous. Nine games in it seems I was unfortunately being right about that.

While I don't believe Rodgers has gone from two time defending MVP to being done in less than a year I have to admit I have never seen him throw worse interceptions than the first two against the Lions yesterday. He looks completely rattled to me.
You are spot on. And it’s not rocket science so the FO should have expected this if a certain percentage of the fan base did.

I also think (JMHO):
1. The thumb injury is impacting his throws more than he’s willing to admit.
2. He is struggling with deep ball timing and maybe overestimating some of the WRs’ speed (often overthrowing and sometimes by a lot).
3. The offensive line’s poor performance is impacting him more than anything else. How many throws has he stepped into unpressured this year? He’s often throwing off balance, throwing on the run, trying to make throws over and around guys while the pocket’s collapsing, and to top it off, having to throw into tight coverage in too many situations. He simply doesn’t have the luxury of great protection and tons of time in the pocket like he has in the past.

That said, he was pretty bad yesterday, but he admitted it. Quarterbacks have bad games. All of them. The standard that seems to apply only to Rodgers is bizarre.

Reaction score
A word of CAUTION
If Rodgers being replaced with Love, or the possibility of him retiring, remember this fans.

He'll be in every hall of fame in the country because of his pass legacy, so this is the problem.
If he goes out on a sour note, that will be what people will remember him by.

Members online

Latest posts