A look to next week

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Defense vs. Chargers Offense

A lot of people will say this is ALL about L.T. or maybe Phillip Rivers. I think this all comes down to Norv Turner.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He's taking over the reigns at Head Coach this year, and so far...THEY STINK.

Usually when we think of the Chargers, we think of a high powered offense that is very hard to stop. Well thanks to Norv Turner, that might not be the case this week.

L.T. has a 1.9 average this year. Let that soak in. 1.9 average.

The Packers D-line should have success against LT and Phillip Rivers.

Phillip Rivers isn't playing good football and this couldn't be a better time for the Packers to take on this offense.

Packers Offense vs. Chargers Defense

Green Bay will likely need to play its best offensive game if they want to win. However, after giving up 38 points this week, MM and Favre get to watch a lot of film and see what to exploit against the Chargers.

During the offseason, Ted Thompson was criticized harshly for keeping Bubba and Lee, and not upgrading the tight end position to the fans liking. Yeah, they both had TDs this week. McCarthy said tight ends are part of the game plan, and this week showed that this is true. Favre likes throwing to his tight ends as well. This should be an interesting matchup.

If Greg Jennings comes back, and the offense continues to improve, they can embarrass the Chargers defense just like the Patriots did.

DeShawn Wynn is emerging as a legit running back, but can he continue to improve and get big chunks of yards? How about BJack? And will Morency be healthy enough to play?

If Jennings and Morency come back this week, it just might be too much for the Chargers defense to handle.

Packers Special Teams vs. Chargers Special Teams

Green bay has 3 Special Teams takeaways this year after having only one in the previous two seasons. Think about that. This Special Teams Unit hits hard, plays smart, and forces turnovers instead of committing them. It seemed like just last year when the special teams sucked. What? It WAS last year? Well then. Thank god it's 2007 now, because this unit does not play any games. They also pull people out of the pile by their legs.

Jon Ryan and Mason Crosby have ice water in their veins and will do whatever their coach asks of them.
-----------------

Overall, this will be the toughest game the Packers play so far, but if they continue to improve offensively, and if the defense shows up for the 3rd week in a row, the Packers CAN win this game.

Reaction score
My bad.

Still an awesome nick though.

But getting back to your topic, I believe Jon Ryan needs to step it up a notch. Field position will be a key, and the first couple of weeks Ryan hasn't punted as good as he is capable of punting.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
My bad.

Still an awesome nick though.

But getting back to your topic, I believe Jon Ryan needs to step it up a notch. Field position will be a key, and the first couple of weeks Ryan hasn't punted as good as he is capable of punting.

Yeah but if you ask Joe Buck & Troy Aikman, he has awesome 'guns' :roll:

-Trom, that SM (SpiderMonkey) clip was gosh-damn awesome! I must've missed that in the game. SM is a badass. He should be BASM. The BadAssSpiderMonkey.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how bigby just flies at opponents. He leaps on them and then wraps them up. He's not just going for the big hit, he wants to make sure the guys tackled.

Speaking of big hits, did anyone see Michael Clayton blow up jason david with that block??? Man, I'd love to have big receiver to lay out some DBs.

I bet James Jones could lay some wood. He's a pretty thick receiver.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts