1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

a different reson to get rodgers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by LOREN, Apr 23, 2005.

1. LOREN

LOREN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i like the pick of rodgers, but i like it for a lot of different reasons than most packer fans

i like it for what we didnt have to do to get a very good talent at qb

to get the second qb in almost any year, one would need to be in the top 5 picks, that would have cost a couple number ones and maybe a two

by getting him at 24, we save a bundle of cash and cap space as well. in most years the number 2 qb taken has gotten over 20 million, and even as high as 32 million for ryan leaf. theres a good chance of a 5 year deal with our pick at 10-12 million

in summary we saved a ton of cash, we saved giving a ton of picks to move up, and we get a prospect thats as talented as almost anyone drafted in the nfl in recent years

teddy did a very nice job on that pick, but he did get very lucky as well

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    TT didn't "do" anything. Rodgers fell into our lap.

i think this draft guru is blowing it so far.

3. Mackie2001

Mackie2001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Arrow,

It's amazing. It was like Moses parting the Red Sea, the way he fell to the Packers. I keep wondering what the catch is.

I just hope he doesn't have "a hitch in his throwing motion." That was an obsure reference to Rich Campbell, QB, Cal who was the sixth pick in the 1981 draft by the Packers.

4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The kink is Rodgers' armor is his positioning of the ball right before he launches it... how high up is he holding it to his shoulder(?)

AG - I see where you're coming from on the TT comment - but go back to my Draft thread and read that comment for a different opinion and a small explanation.... (I'd have joined in yesterday - but ended up going over to one of our Sponsors houses and drank up all "his" beer... didn't get home until real late, either... Hey, it was free!)

Whether Rodgers fell or not - I think the choice is a good one - and he has the moxie I was looking for!