8-8, if lucky

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed. Packers and Lions both 3-2. The Lions have already played 3 home games, the Packers 2. The Lions have to go to Atlanta, Arizona, and New England yet, then finish the season with a brutal cold weather schedule @ Chicago and @ Green Bay. They'll likely fade.

FYI the game "@Atlanta" will actually be played in London.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions beat us with Rodgers, we only scored 7 points, and we still can't block their front four....i'm not worried but i don't see them losing any games in the North unless it's against us when they come to our place...stranger things have happened tho Calvin Johnson being out wil undoubtedly hurt their offense.

This is not any kind of indicator that the Lions have "arrived" in any way. They beat us far worse at their place last Thanksgiving. How many games did they win after that?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is not any kind of indicator that the Lions have "arrived" in any way. They beat us far worse at their place last Thanksgiving. How many games did they win after that?

Lion and Bengals = Kitty Kats by December

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you do. The only way to find out what personnel people employed by other NFL teams think about the Packers players is via anonymity. Do I really need to go into a long explanation on why that is the case? (For example, why did perhaps the most famous anonymous source, Mark Felt, require anonymity?) One reason I can think of not to want to read those opinions is you distrust the reporter; you probably do but I trust McGinn to accurately relate what they say because there’s no reason for him not to. Another reason some may not want to read those opinions of is some fans don’t want to read or hear any objective opinions of the team they follow.

Of course he's not a great reporter only because of his contacts. McGinn has been writing about the Packers for about 35 years and as I’ve written before when I first read his stuff what impressed me most was his objectivity and analysis. At the time, most of the reporters wrote as if they were fans of the Packers. That’s fine for team broadcasters like Larrivee and McCarren, but the best sports writers attempt to be as objective as possible. McGinn was also one of the first I read who wrote extensively about line play. Currently his relating of how other NFL personnel pros rate the Packers, his analysis of opponents and his reviews after games is must reading IMO.
I think McGinn is terrific. I love his articles quoting scouts just prior to the draft. Need to keep in mind that scouts don't share the same brain.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lion and Bengals = Kitty Kats by December

Yep... I would feel differently if it wasn't the same usual suspects but it is. Stafford is Stafford just like Jay is Jay. It's most of the same team in Detroit when it comes right down to it and barring another injury to Rodgers, they're not winning the division.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes you do. The only way to find out what personnel people employed by other NFL teams think about the Packers players is via anonymity. Do I really need to go into a long explanation on why that is the case? (For example, why did perhaps the most famous anonymous source, Mark Felt, require anonymity?) One reason I can think of not to want to read those opinions is you distrust the reporter; you probably do but I trust McGinn to accurately relate what they say because there’s no reason for him not to. Another reason some may not want to read those opinions of is some fans don’t want to read or hear any objective opinions of the team they follow.

Of course he's not a great reporter only because of his contacts. McGinn has been writing about the Packers for about 35 years and as I’ve written before when I first read his stuff what impressed me most was his objectivity and analysis. At the time, most of the reporters wrote as if they were fans of the Packers. That’s fine for team broadcasters like Larrivee and McCarren, but the best sports writers attempt to be as objective as possible. McGinn was also one of the first I read who wrote extensively about line play. Currently his relating of how other NFL personnel pros rate the Packers, his analysis of opponents and his reviews after games is must reading IMO.

dont forget about this gem http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Supe...ie=UTF8&qid=1412686461&sr=1-1&keywords=mcginn

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I predicted 12 wins and maybe more but if they keep playing like today we might not lose another game. Don't want to look to far down the road but our tougher games are all at home.

Just need to keep staying healthy and avoid major injury.

Reaction score
I'm sticking with 11-5. But if we win 13. I will concede that I am a jerk
Actually. Make that 14 please

D

Deleted member 6794

I truly hope we will go 12-4, it´s possible 11 wins won´t win the division.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we agree to not hit the panic button in sept anymore?
If we win the next few games and are 13-2, but lose the final game, there will be those calling for TTs head. Hell, we could be up 77-0 late in the 4th qtr of the Superbowl when our 3rd string QB throws a stupid pick, it would be seen as a failure of TT to not bring in another veteran QB.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we win the next few games and are 13-2, but lose the final game, there will be those calling for TTs head. Hell, we could be up 77-0 late in the 4th qtr of the Superbowl when our 3rd string QB throws a stupid pick, it would be seen as a failure of TT to not bring in another veteran QB.

amen. been saying that for years. all the proof and evidence in the world and years worth of information and facts can be completely ignored over a couple bad plays....much less a couple bad games. NFL fans are monumentally non-analytical.

I've been making that same point to all of the people that actually thought Atlanta was a threat this year simple because they started off with a couple decent games. I called it at the time... they have Matty Melt as their QB and some of the most over-rated players in football on their roster.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we agree to not hit the panic button in sept anymore?
Geez, wouldn't it be nice if people could, you know, learn from the past and change their behavior? Every year the same hand wringing happens at draft time, at the first losing streak, at the first injury, at the first time a big contract player screws up etc etc. I so wish everyone would agree with you, but alas, it seems that some people need to be complaining and wringing hands or they wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Geez, wouldn't it be nice if people could, you know, learn from the past and change their behavior? Every year the same hand wringing happens at draft time, at the first losing streak, at the first injury, at the first time a big contract player screws up etc etc. I so wish everyone would agree with you, but alas, it seems that some people need to be complaining and wringing hands or they wouldn't know what to do with themselves.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Personally I enjoy the panic.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Personally I enjoy the panic.

:D Bill...it's not hindsight. It's like saying it takes hindsight to predict the direction that the sun will rise.

It's simply enjoying the ride and dealing in facts and being a little analytical.

If you enjoy panicking as a Packer fan and ignoring facts, that's fine. Have at it.

Now, don't be twisting facts and suggesting I said something I didn't or implied something I did not. All I'm saying is, this is a good Packer team. Enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. We have the best QB in the game and a guy that seldom will allow us to not be in games. ...and now a defense that's looking decent? Enjoy it. ...or.... panic.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

:D Bill...it's not hindsight. It's like saying it takes hindsight to predict the direction that the sun will rise.

It's simply enjoying the ride and dealing in facts and being a little analytical.

If you enjoy panicking as a Packer fan and ignoring facts, that's fine. Have at it.

Now, don't be twisting facts and suggesting I said something I didn't or implied something I did not. All I'm saying is, this is a good Packer team. Enjoy the ride and see where it takes us. We have the best QB in the game and a guy that seldom will allow us to not be in games. ...and now a defense that's looking decent? Enjoy it. ...or.... panic.

Whoa there, I never said anything about you personally. Please don`t twist my words. This is not a continuation of our discussion the other day. I merely think they have finally arrived, and I`m grateful for that fact.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's super easy to sit on the other side and gloat after the fact, when things are looking up. The season isn't even half over at this point. Yes they've looked pretty good since getting dumpstered by the Lions. But I'd hardly put much stock in the Vikings game because that was just a **** show, cluster **** from the Vikings side of things. The Bears are Da Bears like we knew they would be, and Carolina has been underperforming as a defensive unit all season. You need to calm your **** as well and just watch the rest of the season.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's super easy to sit on the other side and gloat after the fact, when things are looking up. The season isn't even half over at this point. Yes they've looked pretty good since getting dumpstered by the Lions. But I'd hardly put much stock in the Vikings game because that was just a **** show, cluster **** from the Vikings side of things. The Bears are Da Bears like we knew they would be, and Carolina has been underperforming as a defensive unit all season. You need to calm your **** as well and just watch the rest of the season.

Don't tell me to calm anything. You're not my mom. ...and the last thing I'm doing is gloating! So, you know where you can stick that. I was specifically commenting about any Packer fans that actually started questioning Aaron Rodgers after a couple less than Aaron Rodgers like games to start the year! I 100% stand behind my comments that anyone that did that is ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........."less than extremely analytical".

Now all of a sudden, some like you are back to the "ya, well, they beat a bunch of crappy teams so what?" It's people like you that this is directed at. It's all negative negative negative negative until and only until they WIN the Super Bowl...and THEN...oooohhhhhhh boy!!!!! YOU were just ALWAYS the best fan in the world and you just KNEW they were going to do it!

Very few on this forum have stated they are predicting the Packers to go all the way and most of us fans are in the 12-4, 11-5 range on their record. So no NWCH, very few think this team is over the top world class non-stoppable.

It's also not after the fact if you really want to know. After there was a litany of posts from certain people ragging on the team after a rough start, I wrote that "I suspect Aaron Rodgers will get back to the HOF QB he is in short order and the team will start kicking butt and you ragging on Rodgers will look kind of foolish". soooooo...no...this is not after the fact.

You know, it's almost like some Packer fans get bothered that some of us can actually enjoy the ride and not be negative all the time. Like I said, enjoy the ride...or...call for Ted to be fired...rag on MM... complain about the sure bet HOF QB on your team...have at it. I don't care. Of course, you'll be the first to post that you are the biggest fan in the world when the team wins the Super Bowl. :roflmao:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa there, I never said anything about you personally. Please don`t twist my words. This is not a continuation of our discussion the other day. I merely think they have finally arrived, and I`m grateful for that fact.

I was trying to avoid a long back and forth diatribe because taking my words out of context was common when talking about the Rodgers complaints from earlier in the year. I don't disagree with you about Rodgers if he shows teammates up on the field. I don't go for that either. I was talking about the comments made questioning his skills. ...and several people on here did just that after 2 games into the season. All good Bill. I really wish we could do this over a good beer.:tup:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't tell me to calm anything. You're not my mom. ...and the last thing I'm doing is gloating! So, you know where you can stick that. I was specifically commenting about any Packer fans that actually started questioning Aaron Rodgers after a couple less than Aaron Rodgers like games to start the year! I 100% stand behind my comments that anyone that did that is ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........."less than extremely analytical".

Now all of a sudden, some like you are back to the "ya, well, they beat a bunch of crappy teams so what?" It's people like you that this is directed at. It's all negative negative negative negative until and only until they WIN the Super Bowl...and THEN...oooohhhhhhh boy!!!!! YOU were just ALWAYS the best fan in the world and you just KNEW they were going to do it!

Very few on this forum have stated they are predicting the Packers to go all the way and most of us fans are in the 12-4, 11-5 range on their record. So no NWCH, very few think this team is over the top world class non-stoppable.

It's also not after the fact if you really want to know. After there was a litany of posts from certain people ragging on the team after a rough start, I wrote that "I suspect Aaron Rodgers will get back to the HOF QB he is in short order and the team will start kicking butt and you ragging on Rodgers will look kind of foolish". soooooo...no...this is not after the fact.

You know, it's almost like some Packer fans get bothered that some of us can actually enjoy the ride and not be negative all the time. Like I said, enjoy the ride...or...call for Ted to be fired...rag on MM... complain about the sure bet HOF QB on your team...have at it. I don't care. Of course, you'll be the first to post that you are the biggest fan in the world when the team wins the Super Bowl. :roflmao:

:rolleyes: Get over yourself, no one cares. It's mid season. Shut up. Your ******** aint funny or true, much like how you failed to characterize me accurately. You're right though it isn't after the fact yet as the season is still on going and not even half way over yet. Over the last month the Packers have played the 18th (Bears), 30th (Vikings), 11th (Dolphins), and 16th (Panthers) ranked scoring offenses (points per game) over the last month. Similarity those team's defensive units currently rank 11th (Bears), 19th (Vikings), 16th (Dolphins), and 4th (Panthers) in surrendering points to opposing teams. (Ranking current per this week on nfl.com) If Rodgers had NOT performed at his usual level that would be concerning given the weak opposition we've played over the last month. Sure you were right about saying he'd get back on track, you made an exceptionally safe bet and now that it's come to roost you're lauding it all over the place and rubbing peoples' noses in it like your **** don't stink. By and by I wasn't involved in that conversation at all but I love the ad hominids none the less. What bothers me is when ******** try to rub people's nose in being off the mark. You are an ******* pure and simple and you are gloating, if you don't want to admit it thats fine but that doesn't change facts. So ****ing tired of reading disparaging and derogatory remarks from Packer fans about other Packer fans. **** is wholly retarded.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I was talking about the comments made questioning his skills. ...and several people on here did just that after 2 games into the season.
Were there posters questioning his skills? What I remember was posters stating the obvious: He wasn't playing up to his standards. Just using passer rating (far from a perfect stat) I believe Rodgers has the highest in NFL history for his career thus far at 105.8. But against the Seahawks it was 81.5 and against the Lions 88.8. Certainly below his standards. And of course you don't need to rely on stats if you watched the games. As I posted, I don't remember posters saying his skills were diminished, just that he was in a slump, for lack of a better word.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were there posters questioning his skills? What I remember was posters stating the obvious: He wasn't playing up to his standards. Just using passer rating (far from a perfect stat) I believe Rodgers has the highest in NFL history for his career thus far at 105.8. But against the Seahawks it was 81.5 and against the Lions 88.8. Certainly below his standards. And of course you don't need to rely on stats if you watched the games. As I posted, I don't remember posters saying his skills were diminished, just that he was in a slump, for lack of a better word.

Maybe if the MNF game gets boring I'll wade thru the 1,00o posts to find it but yes, some did. There were all kinds of comments ranging from Rodgers totally losing his skills to guys saying that without Jennings and Jones making Rodgers "look good" he was having problems.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Get over yourself, no one cares. It's mid season. Shut up. Your ******** aint funny or true, much like how you failed to characterize me accurately. You're right though it isn't after the fact yet as the season is still on going and not even half way over yet. Over the last month the Packers have played the 18th (Bears), 30th (Vikings), 11th (Dolphins), and 16th (Panthers) ranked scoring offenses (points per game) over the last month. Similarity those team's defensive units currently rank 11th (Bears), 19th (Vikings), 16th (Dolphins), and 4th (Panthers) in surrendering points to opposing teams. (Ranking current per this week on nfl.com) If Rodgers had NOT performed at his usual level that would be concerning given the weak opposition we've played over the last month. Sure you were right about saying he'd get back on track, you made an exceptionally safe bet and now that it's come to roost you're lauding it all over the place and rubbing peoples' noses in it like your **** don't stink. By and by I wasn't involved in that conversation at all but I love the ad hominids none the less. What bothers me is when ******** try to rub people's nose in being off the mark. You are an ******* pure and simple and you are gloating, if you don't want to admit it thats fine but that doesn't change facts. So ******* tired of reading disparaging and derogatory remarks from Packer fans about other Packer fans. **** is wholly retarded.

LOL quite the opposite! I'm sticking up for Packer fans. What "bothers me" are people that write post after post of negative crap and then jump right on the band wagon when the team wins.

BTW ..."mr packer fan"... I openly predicted the Packers would beat the Panthers easily. No after the fact gloating....just a happy Packer fan.

"AZZHOLE" nice. Speaks volumes. I'll take Bills advice at this point. Here is one just for YOU that was directed at your kind when our HOF QB said it R-E-L-A-X.

Members online

Latest posts