8-8, if lucky

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still on track for my 11-5 prediction. My prediction was based on a 1 and 3 start.
So.......
I now think the Pack beats da Bears at chitown.
So we could go 12-4!

Jason Pipes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think 8-8 is a bit far fetched. It's too early to make such a dire prediction, but after this weekend we will know a lot more about the overall direction the team is heading in.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing the hardest stretch of our schedule and people are already lowering their predictions. It makes me wonder what they initially were thinking when they made their predictions

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the Buccaneers game worry anyone besides me? I know they've looked really awful so far, but it's Lovie Smith who is pretty familiar with us. Rodgers never had his best games against Lovie's cover 2 either. And for whatever reason, a couple of the worst game in Rodgers career have come against Tampa.

D

Deleted member 6794

Does the Buccaneers game worry anyone besides me? I know they've looked really awful so far, but it's Lovie Smith who is pretty familiar with us. Rodgers never had his best games against Lovie's cover 2 either. And for whatever reason, a couple of the worst game in Rodgers career have come against Tampa.

Yeah, while the Buccaneers have looked awful during the first three games I´m kind of worried about that game as well. For whatever reason Rodgers has been awful at Raymond James Stadium, throwing three interceptions in both games there (only other career 3 INT game was at New Orleans during his rookie season).

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No reason this team can't go 10-6/11-5. That's probably good enough to be right there for the division/wild card. The question to me is, are they capable of going on the road and winning a divisional playoff game against Seattle or Carolina come January?

Lacy is having a sophomore slump and I applaud McCarthy's willingness to run the football, but you've got Rodgers. Let the man throw some passes and we saw what happened today when he opened up the offense.

Minnesota is beatable and probably will be starting Ponder on TNF after Teddy went down. Dolphins are certainly beatable on the road W6. We get our toughest pre-bye matchup in Carolina at home and a Saints road game on paper sounds tough, but they are hardly lighting the NFL on fire this season. 5-3 is very doable before the bye week imo. Looking at the second half, our toughest matchups in NE and Philly are in Green Bay and five of eight games at home with some very winnable road games. 12-4 is probably the minimum you need to be in the mix for a bye in the NFC, and a lot of things will have to go right to get there, but this is a 10 win team on paper imo. A healthy Rodgers last year probably gets us 10-6 instead of 8-7-1.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Carolina gets a home playoff game after wildcard weekend. If they dont win their division they will miss the playoffs.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

His only career pick six was in Tampa.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't see the Dallas handing New Orleans it's *** on a platter until now. Everyone in that division is playing bad right now. Carolina got it today from Baltimore.

Every team has a few warts including ours. You just have to put it together for 16 games.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Part of the trouble is the Packers faced prob the best def front lines in the league the 1st 3 weeks..so while Det backfield is horrible, Rodgers needed time to attack them..We saw what happened..

The bears dont have a front line like that (at least I dont think so) so attacking that backfield should be a LOT easier

Two weeks in a row now

Relax

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we've played the hardest part of our schedule. Not at all. The Jets are a weak team. Seattle is good. Detroit is pretty average. Miami, Carolina, and New Orleans is a much tougher part of the schedule. New Orleans, Chicago, and Philadelphia is tougher IMO. New England, Atlanta, and Buffalo is also tougher IMO. If you told me we were going to be 1-2 after 3 games I would not be happy. Seattle should've been a coin flip and we lost it, okay, but Detroit should be a win and the Jets should be a win. We've unfortunately lowered our standards.
Still feel the same?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've played @ Seattle, Chicago and Detroit and have basically completed the most difficult part of our schedule. Looking at what we have remaining, I don't think there's a single team on the schedule who will be coming into Lambeau this year and beating us (including Philly, who has the best chance.) The Saints don't scare me on the road. Neither do any of the other road games.

Assuming we continue keeping the injury bug largely at bay, I can't see us losing more than 3 of these games in a worst case scenario and I can certainly see the possibility of winning out, as far-fetched as some might believe that to be. I'm ranking the remaining schedule as follows by difficulty in my own feeble mind:

Eagles
Bears
@Vikings
@Dolphins
Falcons
Patriots
@Saints
Lions
@Bills
Panthers
@Buccaneers

Worst case: 11-5
Best case: 14-2
Likely: 13-3 or 12-4 (flip a coin)

D

Deleted member 6794

We've played @ Seattle, Chicago and Detroit and have basically completed the most difficult part of our schedule. Looking at what we have remaining, I don't think there's a single team on the schedule who will be coming into Lambeau this year and beating us (including Philly, who has the best chance.) The Saints don't scare me on the road. Neither do any of the other road games.

Assuming we continue keeping the injury bug largely at bay, I can't see us losing more than 3 of these games in a worst case scenario and I can certainly see the possibility of winning out, as far-fetched as some might believe that to be. I'm ranking the remaining schedule as follows by difficulty in my own feeble mind:

Eagles
Bears
@Vikings
@Dolphins
Falcons
Patriots
@Saints
Lions
@Bills
Panthers
@Buccaneers

Worst case: 11-5
Best case: 14-2
Likely: 13-3 or 12-4 (flip a coin)

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Lions. They're pretty good team and way more disciplined under Caldwell. It will be tough winning the division this season.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are underestimating the Lions. They're pretty good team and way more disciplined under Caldwell. It will be tough winning the division this season.
I just don't see them winning a Week 17 game at Lambeau, unless we've already won the division and rest all of our starters.

Reaction score
I just don't see them winning a Week 17 game at Lambeau, unless we've already won the division and rest all of our starters.
I would rank Detroit in the top 5 NFC competitors as of now. They will play their hearts out at Lambeau to steal the division if we give them that courtesy.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I wrote the Packers as 3-2 by this point in the season and can say I still think they will win the division at 11 - 5. I didn't think we could sweep the division and I figured either the Seahawks would beat us on the field or with injuries and we'd lose to the Jets. Still think they will go 11 - 5.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rank Detroit in the top 5 NFC competitors as of now. They will play their hearts out at Lambeau to steal the division if we give them that courtesy.
I don't see it. Not on Dec 28. They're a dome team with a horrible outdoor record and a horrible Lambeau record. At the end of the day, Stafford is still Stafford and he fades, predictably so, as the season wears on.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the start of the year I predicted a 12-4 finish. I figured a loss to the Seahawks, loss to the Saints(although with how they've played maybe not), and two other random losses, probably to the Patriots, Eagles or Panthers. Even though we are only 3-2, I feel confident that we can still get to 12-4. So I'm sticking with it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see it. Not on Dec 28. They're a dome team with a horrible outdoor record and a horrible Lambeau record. At the end of the day, Stafford is still Stafford and he fades, predictably so, as the season wears on.

I normally would agree with this..

But I think they needed a new type of coach to control them.

I think Their new coaching staff might be able to do this

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Agreed. Detroit already beat us once, so now they have a shot to sweep us. If they do, they probably make the playoffs.

I also agree with LTF that their new coach could help Detroit get their act together. The Lions used to self-destruct so much that it was hard for them to knock off the elite teams. I don't see that self-destruction happening this year.

Well Detroit has gone sideways enough for me to not take them too seriously until they prove otherwise. Plus, we play them in week 17 at home in the cold. I have a feeling by the time week 17 rolls around that game will have more meaning of us getting home field then Detroit taking the division from us.

Some people will say this is too optimistic but looking at our schedule all of are tougher games are at home. New Orleans is on the verge of imploding. They just lost Jarius Byrd for the season and they look to be our toughest road game ahead. We get the NFC south who is soft this year and the Pat's look to be on the ropes.

I know this is a "any given Sunday league" but Packer teams with Aaron Rodgers don't have a lot of huge let downs against teams they should beat. I could easily see 12-4 and maybe better especially if the D plays like it did last night.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I normally would agree with this..

But I think they needed a new type of coach to control them.

I think Their new coaching staff might be able to do this
Possibly, but until "might" becomes "has" I remain skeptical.

Members online