8-8, if lucky

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were there posters questioning his skills? What I remember was posters stating the obvious: He wasn't playing up to his standards. Just using passer rating (far from a perfect stat) I believe Rodgers has the highest in NFL history for his career thus far at 105.8. But against the Seahawks it was 81.5 and against the Lions 88.8. Certainly below his standards. And of course you don't need to rely on stats if you watched the games. As I posted, I don't remember posters saying his skills were diminished, just that he was in a slump, for lack of a better word.

You have PM. The last time I copied and pasted direct quotes people didn't like that so I PMd you. Yes, forum members here questioned Rodgers skills. Not looking for an argument but I'll back up my comment on that with facts.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

"I might be putting myself in the firing line here but I`m losing a little faith in Rodgers if I`m totally honest. I`m not saying he needs replacing, I`m just not as keen on him as I was ! Hopefully I will return to eat those words later in the season. I know he has to build a rapport with the young receiver corps etc but I`m not sold on him anymore."

That WAS me. I was frustrated, but I DID say it unfortunately.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL quite the opposite! I'm sticking up for Packer fans. What "bothers me" are people that write post after post of negative crap and then jump right on the band wagon when the team wins.

BTW ..."mr packer fan"... I openly predicted the Packers would beat the Panthers easily. No after the fact gloating....just a happy Packer fan.

"AZZHOLE" nice. Speaks volumes. I'll take Bills advice at this point. Here is one just for YOU that was directed at your kind when our HOF QB said it R-E-L-A-X.
hahaha right on, find a post in my post history where I've predicted doom and gloom because Rodgers was underperforming in the beginning of the season. Go on I'll wait. I can save you some time though because I guarantee I've never posted anything of the sort. Also I'm not talking about the Panther game specifically so your prediction about that is besides the point.

You'll note that I complimented your prediction about Rodgers' resurgence over this last month as a very safe bet; it was. I agree that predictions of a failed season because Rodgers somehow forgot to play over the offseason or some other such claims were over zealous, I don't agree with them but that's another topic entirely. I don't see the cause in perpetuating the ********** of this forum though. When we're losing those with thin skins bemoan the Packers' lackluster performances. When we're winning the less thin skinned crowd lauds about and denigrates on the other side. It gets super grating when that is all that propagates the front page.

I apologize for my contention possibly getting lost in everything that was being said and I hope this is more clear.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the team who employs this "personnel guy", as he obviously is less skilled than most chimpanzees at projecting NFL performances.

Picking us to go 8-8 is just one thing....picking Minnesota to win the division? LOL...awful. I like how he says they are better than people think, and that their one achilles heel is the quarterback position. Yeah.....like that's not an extremely important position or anything.

He's probably going to fall back on the AP scandal as the reason for his failed prediction. Like the Vikings would have been 11-5 instead of 5-11 if it weren't for that.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahaha right on, find a post in my post history where I've predicted doom and gloom because Rodgers was underperforming in the beginning of the season. Go on I'll wait. I can save you some time though because I guarantee I've never posted anything of the sort. Also I'm not talking about the Panther game specifically so your prediction about that is besides the point.

You'll note that I complimented your prediction about Rodgers' resurgence over this last month as a very safe bet; it was. I agree that predictions of a failed season because Rodgers somehow forgot to play over the offseason or some other such claims were over zealous, I don't agree with them but that's another topic entirely. I don't see the cause in perpetuating the ********** of this forum though. When we're losing those with thin skins bemoan the Packers' lackluster performances. When we're winning the less thin skinned crowd lauds about and denigrates on the other side. It gets super grating when that is all that propagates the front page.

I apologize for my contention possibly getting lost in everything that was being said and I hope this is more clear.

We agree...and that was the point I was making. I said just that... "enjoy the ride". I've said that many times.

I have no problem with fans complaining about whatever they want to complain about. He##, I have complaints. ...but... there are clearly some fans that can't enjoy anything less than a Super Bowl winning season and there are guys that literally try so hard to find negatives they spin themselves in circles.

Perfect example is trying to suggest the Packers have beaten nobody. What's actually really amusing is that we did in fact have guys telling us how tough some of these teams were before we played them and before we beat them.

This year more than ever in recent history, the "we beat nobody" is not a very valid argument. Who should we be impressed with? The Niners that couldn't beat the Bears? Seattle at 3-3? We just beat the Panthers that are leading their division at 3-3. Who exactly would we have to beat that would be impressive? Did you see the people here suggesting the Bills were this amazing team? Yet, they had to go to one second left to beat the Vikqueens?

The NFL is completely jacked up this year. What about that amazing Bears offense? Many of us are on record as saying we don't care who they have on that team they have Jay Cutler as their QB and they'll go nowhere but some STILL trot them out year after year as the team to beat. That's what I'm talking about. It's illogical to think somehow Cutler won't be Cutler and he'll lead them to the promise land. He is who he is and short of massive Packer injuries, we'll continue to beat the Bears consistently under Rodgers. No after the fact gloating...been saying that for years!

I would love to play Dallas today and I would pick the Packers. I would lay money on the Packers beating them. I can honestly tell you that until they beat the Niners or Seahags I wouldn't feel good about those match-up because ...again...I tend to deal in facts and past history and logic and there's little that tells me I should feel great about facing healthy Niners or Seahags given how we're matched up in the past. So...no...I'm not just some off the wall blind Packer fan.

Would I be shocked if we beat either of them? Nope. If the Rams can beat the Hags we certainly could. If the Bears can beat the Niners we certainly could.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the team who employs this "personnel guy", as he obviously is less skilled than most chimpanzees at projecting NFL performances.

Picking us to go 8-8 is just one thing....picking Minnesota to win the division? LOL...awful. I like how he says they are better than people think, and that their one achilles heel is the quarterback position. Yeah.....like that's not an extremely important position or anything.

He's probably going to fall back on the AP scandal as the reason for his failed prediction. Like the Vikings would have been 11-5 instead of 5-11 if it weren't for that.

Totally agree, these types of predictions and comments from all these un-named sources are exactly why I stopped even reading them any more. Like I said a few weeks ago when we were debating the quality of Packer beat writing, endlessly quoting anonymous sources and force feeding Packer fans what they say isn't "reporting" in my opinion. You are doing nothing but giving one person's opinion and it's not even somebody we know that we should "trust". So, if that's the way they want to roll they certainly better be prepared to be ridiculed when their predictions are whacked like this one.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bump... darnit we hit our 8 win max, I cant believe we now will lose the rest of our games (if lucky!) :p:devilish::sneaky::roflmao:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd think that 2 consecutive 1-2 starts and surviving them would make fans not freak about this year's 1-2 start. The pessimists don't care about the past evidence that says there was no reason to panic though.

We could win it all this year and I guarantee if we lose week 1 next year, some people will overreact.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being around the forum only when you want to be negative? We have a lot of posters on here who are like that. I never get that, how do you have nothing to say when times are good?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, two reasons. One, there's no need to pile on with "+1", "good post", "I agree" - there are plenty of those when things are good. Two, they're mine players, they're supposed to do what I want - when then don't I need to vent. :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, two reasons. One, there's no need to pile on with "+1", "good post", "I agree" - there are plenty of those when things are good. Two, they're mine players, they're supposed to do what I want - when then don't I need to vent. :)

Either I am too exhausted to read this correctly or it doesnt make sense

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob McGinn at J-S wrote a column about the Packers personnel. He talked with a personnel director who said the Packers largely have no depth in key positions.
McGinn said early on the team was going to be 12-4. A better projection is 8-8, about where they were last year.

It is fairly clear the team is not what it was three years ago. It's a combination of things, but mainly other teams have figured out the offensive system and the defense, while good in spurts, isn't consistent enough.

What has evolved in Green Bay is a modern version of the Bart Starr coaching era. Mediocrity was rewarded with more money, and everyone was so busy praising themselves they didn't realize they couldn't play routinely with the good teams.

I remember watching the 1961 NFL championship game involving the Packers and the Giants. That is how long I've been following the Packers. I see a team in decline and I don't think a remedy will occur until they fall even more.

Waiting for the "McGinn was right and I was wrong" post

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping to avoid an 0-5 finish!
Successfully avoided. We will be the most talked about team in the league for at least this week. Just about everyone out there is very impressed with where this team is right now. I think our O-line especially is going to start getting a lot of love from the talking heads.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'd think that 2 consecutive 1-2 starts and surviving them would make fans not freak about this year's 1-2 start. The pessimists don't care about the past evidence that says there was no reason to panic though.

We could win it all this year and I guarantee if we lose week 1 next year, some people will overreact.

It is just people trying to cover all bases of their psyche as to avoid disappointment, I personally think it is being childish and weak minded but each his own.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

...and I will almost guarantee that come the start of the season next year the same exact fans will be talking about the mighty Bears that NOW have their crap together or the Falcons and "matty ice" and on and on and on.

I for the life of me will never understand why logic and history go out the window when it comes to some NFL fans. Some will ALWAYS try so damn hard to anoint players and teams without any valid reason to do it.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Bob McGinn at J-S wrote a column about the Packers personnel. He talked with a personnel director who said the Packers largely have no depth in key positions.
McGinn said early on the team was going to be 12-4. A better projection is 8-8, about where they were last year.

It is fairly clear the team is not what it was three years ago. It's a combination of things, but mainly other teams have figured out the offensive system and the defense, while good in spurts, isn't consistent enough.

What has evolved in Green Bay is a modern version of the Bart Starr coaching era. Mediocrity was rewarded with more money, and everyone was so busy praising themselves they didn't realize they couldn't play routinely with the good teams.

I remember watching the 1961 NFL championship game involving the Packers and the Giants. That is how long I've been following the Packers. I see a team in decline and I don't think a remedy will occur until they fall even more.

I will have to admit my expectations were diminished based on the early part of the season. I was pretty harsh on CMIII as well as his stats were way down.

But I have to hand it to the coaching staff.

The way Capers made successful adjustments which were only possible because the team was/is healthier than it has been in at least 2 years is really impressive.

And watching MM outcoach Darth Vader last Sunday was Epic.

I'm very happy to be wrong on this!

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

...there's little that tells me I should feel great about facing healthy Niners or Seahags given how we're matched up in the past.
Correct, though I would amend that to just Seattle.

I don't know if you've watched SF play this year, but Kaepernick has regressed as a pocket passer. He always retained a bit of that baseball pitcher windup but nobody seemed to notice or care because his release was still so quick. This season the windup is more pronounced and the release and accuracy are down. He's also evidently being coached to stand in and work through progressions; he's struggling with it and is getting sacked a fair amount.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Correct, though I would amend that to just Seattle.

I don't know if you've watched SF play this year, but Kaepernick has regressed as a pocket passer. He always retained a bit of that baseball pitcher windup but nobody seemed to notice or care because his release was still so quick. This season the windup is more pronounced and the release and accuracy are down. He's also evidently being coached to stand in and work through progressions; he's struggling with it and is getting sacked a fair amount.

I never thought of him as a pocket passer at all. Relies on his legs not his arm. Not a recipe for long term success.

I'm not surprised that the mustard is starting to come off of that hot dog. ;)