4 years ago today....

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was the beginning of the downfall for this team. I never thought they were a serious SB threat after this. I know they made the NFCCG. However, the feeling going in was that Atlanta would blow them out. And they did.

Jobs should've been lost after the 2014 NFCCG. And not just the special teams coach. Anyways, hopefully we win another lombardi now that LaFleur is here.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was the beginning of the downfall for this team. I never thought they were a serious SB threat after this. I know they made the NFCCG. However, the feeling going in was that Atlanta would blow them out. And they did.

Jobs should've been lost after the 2014 NFCCG. And not just the special teams coach. Anyways, hopefully we win another lombardi now that LaFleur is here.

Ya, Murphy holding onto TT for as long as he did certainly wasted a lot of Rodgers prime. Mike McCarthy was an obvious fire for me around that time, hard to do I suppose when you're winning (but just not winning it all). I guess it comes down to expectations... were they happy at the just making the playoffs and winning the North? Showcasing that we had elite talent with elite stats and probowl appearances?? Who knows.

Complacency went on far too long, we see the ramifications of that now.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The most recent season that the Packers actually had a legitimate chance to win it all. I'll go to my grave saying that if the Packers recover that onside kick, we go on to become Super Bowl Champions.

2014 will always be remembered as the one that got away.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After the collapse of 2014 against Seattle, NOT going for 2 against the Cardinals in a game they shouldn't have even made it to OT in, and the game against Atlanta. It is a shame it took so long to make moves that could have been foreshadowed so many years in advance. And it took 4 more years after the last time to make something happen!

TWO TIMES the football gods tried to come together and make it Rodgers vs Brady for all the marbles. Chances are we will never see that now.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I joined this forum 3 days after the embarrassment. Still haven't gotten over it. Haven't gotten over Denver cheating the salary cap to rob us of another one. I don't let things go very well.....

Reaction score
Wouldn't you fans love to have players/coaches (including MM) response to forums like this and really give their honest opinion
about what actually when wrong say in the last 4-5 seasons?.

OP
OP
P

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most recent season that the Packers actually had a legitimate chance to win it all. I'll go to my grave saying that if the Packers recover that onside kick, we go on to become Super Bowl Champions.

2014 will always be remembered as the one that got away.

Eh..Patriots likely still would've been favored. Yeah we beat them two months prior. But that was at home. A close game. They had the better defense. Offenses were even.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I joined this forum 3 days after the embarrassment. Still haven't gotten over it. Haven't gotten over Denver cheating the salary cap to rob us of another one. I don't let things go very well.....

I'm sure Terrell Davis doesn't run all over us without Howard Griffith leading his way at fullback. Also Neal Smith helped them become a respectable defense. Both of those free agent signings were crucial.

Wouldn't you fans love to have players/coaches (including MM) response to forums like this and really give their honest opinion
about what actually when wrong say in the last 4-5 seasons?.
How far were HaHa Clinton Dix's, Julius Peppers', Brandon Bosticks', and Brad Jones' heads up their *****? The 2 point conversion, telling Burnett to fall down, the onside, and falling for the fake field goal.

Eh..Patriots likely still would've been favored. Yeah we beat them two months prior. But that was at home. A close game. They had the better defense. Offenses were even.
Seahawks were completely banged up by that time. Sherman had a torn rotator cuff, Earl Thomas had a torn labrum, and Jeremy Lane broke his arm in that game. I think we would have taken New England down. The regular season game we had way more yards than New England but didn't punch it in the end zone. Of course that's what bit us in the 1st quarter in Seattle.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We settled for field goals 4 times. Couldn’t quite cash in. We were the better team that year. We were the best team in football.

And that’s what hurts so bad.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Things really should have changed things after the beat down in Atlanta two years ago in that NFC title game.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Video probably won't pop up on here but Elliott Harrison did a top 10 most devastating conference championship game losses. This game game in at #3. Vikings/Falcons came #1. That game happened 20 years ago yesterday.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it, we choked that one away, the whole team did (except for Crosby).

Yeah, how many teams beat the Patriots twice in one season. I'm not saying we would have lost, but we would have had to play another great game. The main reason we won in GB was because Adams had a great game. Would he reproduce it?

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worse game ever in the 25 years I have been a Packers fan. Some heads should have rolled after that game other than Slocum's and Bostick's.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never forget how excited I was just to think I would have the opportunity to watch Aaron Rodgers and the Packers play in another Super Bowl. Then it all came crashing down......

I wrote this piece in the days following the defeat, providing a little perspective.

https://liljsports.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/melted-cheese-never-tasted-this-bad/

Wouldn't have dug it up if not for this thread. Cheers.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And they had a MUCH better coach, who would have made adjustments to the regular season game that would have had McCarthy's head spinning.

Lhe main reason we won in GB was because Adams had a great game. Would he reproduce it?

Belichick has a way of figuring out how to prevent that from happening again.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We settled for field goals 4 times. Couldn’t quite cash in. We were the better team that year. We were the best team in football.

Seems to be a pattern that season. Settling for FGs against the Patriots. Settling for FGs against Seattle. The best team in football wouldn't do that.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they had a MUCH better coach, who would have made adjustments to the regular season game that would have had McCarthy's head spinning.

Belichick has a way of figuring out how to prevent that from happening again.

I don't think it's crazy to say Belichick is a better coach now than he was in 2014. In addition McCarthy wasn't a bad coach until the last few years. He was still competent in 2014.

Latest posts