2023 Wildcard game at Dallas

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He scares me, too.
Don't be. Our OL has improved massively both in pass protection and run blocking. I know over the last 3 weeks we have allowed TWO sacks which is best in the NFL. Does anyone know where we rank in sacks allowed over the last 8 games?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be. Our OL has improved massively both in pass protection and run blocking. I know over the last 3 weeks we have allowed TWO sacks which is best in the NFL. Does anyone know where we rank in sacks allowed over the last 8 games?
That one sack on 3rd down Sunday hurt. Not so much because we could not get a 1st down but what it did was extend Carlson's FG attempt by 9 yards. And in his case he needs a few shorties to help his confidence with longer ones.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one sack on 3rd down Sunday hurt. Not so much because we could not get a 1st down but what it did was extend Carlson's FG attempt by 9 yards. And in his case he needs a few shorties to help his confidence with longer ones.
I have alot of faith in our new QB 3.0 that he isn't going to disappoint as much as 1.0 and 2.0.
No doubt Rodgers was a great QB.
Over time and as his play on the field blossomed he became a big man on campus, an important , irreplaceable cog in the wheel. At that point I had the sense that to many others on the team he became like a God. Some one to look up to in awe, maybe deservedly so based on his stats, but I feel it also led to him not being in the same boat as everyone else.
Eventually it seemed like it led him to become more demanding. At times telling the coaches how things were going to be, who was going to play, what offense was going to be installed for each game etc.
That's not how a team is suppose to operate.
That's why I feel the team we have now wlil be so much better. Everyone is on the same level. A bunch of young guys all learning together. Going through the ups and downs of NFL life , helping each other get thru the tough times supporting each other.
It's becoming obvious a strong bond has formed between JL and the rest of the offense. We have a leader who is respected by his teamates and more importantly he's still in the same boat as everyone else. When we win they all celebrate, when the ship sinks he goes down with it.
I haven't felt this good about the packers for a long time.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see more Aaron Jones in the passing game, and not just as an outlet.

He's been running those quick slants that are free on LBs, but what if he uses those to set up a SLUGGO. Give me one. Just one. Please.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On first getting the Cowboy matchup, I was thinking they would smite us. Some of the pundits are saying it could be a blowout. The cowboy offense is awesome and the Packer defense stinks. But I took a look at the Cowboy season and came away with a different take and some renewed hope.

Here are their results:

Giants 40 -0
Jets 30-10
Cards 16-28 Loss
Pats 38- 3
49ers 10-42 Loss
Chargers 20-17
Rams 43-20
Eagles 23- 28 Loss
Giants 49-17
Panthers 33-10
Command 45-10
Sea 41-35
Eagles 33-13
Bills 10-31 Loss
Dolphins 20-22 Loss
Lions 20-19
Command 38-10

So 7 wins came against some poor teams with losing records (# of wins).

2x Giants(6), 2x Commanders (4), Jets (7), Pats(4), Panthers (2), Chargers (5)

The other bad team they played they Lost
Cardinals (4)

Of the good teams they played Lions, 49ers, Bills(11), Dolphins(11),Rams(10), Seattle(9) - So they went 3-3 against good teams. Some would argue they lost to the Lions, but oh well.

They lost to the Eagles when the Eagles were playing good, and beat them when they became a bad team. My wife BTW is an eagles fan so I watch them when they are on. Night and day. I don’t think I have ever seen a team look so good and then a couple weeks later, look so bad. Something happened in that locker room.

I came away less than impressed with the Vowboys and now believe we have a shot. They don’t play well against decent teams. We are getting hot. If our defense continues to play like they have, which I am expecting now that MLF is taking spending more time focusing on.

Common recent opponent Lions - we smoke em and the cowboys eeked out a win. Barely.

Prediction:
We surprise them. Cowboys are going to be looking at the defense from 4 weeks ago and licking their chops. Dak gets pressured and dropped a few times in the 1st quarter. Packers move the ball through the air with surprising ease. Love has his best game ever: 28-35, 360/3/0 - Packers win 27-25.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
On first getting the Cowboy matchup, I was thinking they would smite us. Some of the pundits are saying it could be a blowout. The cowboy offense is awesome and the Packer defense stinks. But I took a look at the Cowboy season and came away with a different take and some renewed hope.

Here are their results:

Giants 40 -0
Jets 30-10
Cards 16-28 Loss
Pats 38- 3
49ers 10-42 Loss
Chargers 20-17
Rams 43-20
Eagles 23- 28 Loss
Giants 49-17
Panthers 33-10
Command 45-10
Sea 41-35
Eagles 33-13
Bills 10-31 Loss
Dolphins 20-22 Loss
Lions 20-19
Command 38-10

Cardinals (4)

Of the good teams they played Lions, 49ers, Bills(11), Dolphins(11),Rams(10), Seattle(9) - So they went 3-3 against good teams. Some would argue they lost to the Lions, but oh well.

They lost to the Eagles when the Eagles were playing good, and beat them when they became a bad team. My wife BTW is an eagles fan so I watch them when they are on. Night and day. I don’t think I have ever seen a team look so good and then a couple weeks later, look so bad. Something happened in that locker room.

I came away less than impressed with the Vowboys and now believe we have a shot. They don’t play well against decent teams. We are getting hot. If our defense continues to play like they have, which I am expecting now that MLF is taking spending more time focusing on.

Common recent opponent Lions - we smoke em and the cowboys eeked out a win. Barely.

Prediction:
We surprise them. Cowboys are going to be looking at the defense from 4 weeks ago and licking their chops. Dak gets pressured and dropped a few times in the 1st quarter. Packers move the ball through the air with surprising ease. Love has his best game ever: 28-35, 360/3/0 - Packers win 27-25.
Packers are 2-3 against playoff teams. With another win against a winning team.

EDIT: 3-3 against playoff teams. Looked bad in 2 losses and dominant in one win.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see more Aaron Jones in the passing game, and not just as an outlet.

He's been running those quick slants that are free on LBs, but what if he uses those to set up a SLUGGO. Give me one. Just one. Please.
Gotta save something for the playoffs.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry to snip most of your post, just did it for brevity but great legwork, AM.

I guess I see it much simpler. Our season is very much a story of two teams, before November and after October. That's when our rookies stopped playing like rookies (reps will do that!). Since that time, we are 7-3 and so are the Cowboys. THIS team... this current Packers team, should scare the hell out of Dallas, especially with AJ33 healthy. I think his presence in the last 3 games has made our offense as good as ANYONES. We all know the old adage that defense wins championships, but over the last couple decades, you generally need a top 5 offense and a top 12 or so defense. My brother-in-law is a Cowboys fan and he keeps saying he has a bad feeling going into Sunday.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Hutchins only scares the crap out of me. That happens pretty much everyday. I only get the bejezus scared out of me once in a great while. I hope this helps.
Why? He didn't do squat against us on Thanksgiving Day

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here are their results:

Giants 40 -0
Jets 30-10
Cards 16-28 Loss
Pats 38- 3
49ers 10-42 Loss
Chargers 20-17
Rams 43-20
Eagles 23- 28 Loss
Giants 49-17
Panthers 33-10
Command 45-10
Sea 41-35
Eagles 33-13
Bills 10-31 Loss
Dolphins 20-22 Loss
Lions 20-19
Command 38-10

Cardinals (4)

Prediction:
Great stuff. One thing I did notice about Dallas they seemed to catch those good teams on the road. They were 8-0 at home this year. 4-5 on the road. Against teams that were still alive going into week 18 they were 4-4. GB had the same 4-4 record. Their splits were 3-2 at home and 1-2 away. If as some hope, their youth can be an advantage in a road playoff game they may just overcome the odds. An argument can be made that they are playing better than Dallas coming into this game.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Dallas ain't all that. They are 12-5 and have been slap-jacked three times this year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would figure for all the obvious reasons we probably won't come out with a win this week. But I'm not too sure of that. I can definitely see us pulling out a win here

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I wont be surprised if we win a close game or get blown out.

The offense needs to play a near perfect game. I am still unsure about the defense still.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would figure for all the obvious reasons we probably won't come out with a win this week. But I'm not too sure of that. I can definitely see us pulling out a win here
I see this as much different than the shootout we won 7 years ago in Dallas. The Cowboys are a better team than that one although they had plenty of firepower even then. Dak has matured. Jason Garrett is not the coach. And their defense is much better than that one. The Packers, of course, are the youngest team in the league. We were not old then but we did have some seasoned veterans. Crosby came through in the clutch. Can Carlson duplicate what he did in the last 2 minutes of the game? Can someone make a catch like Jerod did with 3 seconds to go? I will say this. Although our Barry defense is not going to be the talk of the league it is still better than the Capers D we had then.

Reaction score
My buddy here who’s entire family are Dallas fans (he’s 49ers) said if we run the ball at them and hit the middle of the field, Dallas is susceptible in D.

As far as our Defense. I’m not sure what will stop them other than studying the more recent losses where they’ve been stifled a bit.

_______ 1st Half ____ 2nd Half
Week18_____21-10 ___ 38-10 W
Week17 ____3-7 ______20-19 W
Week16 ____7-13______20-22 L
Week15 ____3-21 _____10-31 L
Week14_____24-6_____33-13 W

Not exactly on fire as of recent they really should be (Lions Ref screw up) finishing with a 2-3 record across the last 5 weeks

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My buddy here who’s entire family are Dallas fans (he’s 49ers) said if we run the ball at them and hit the middle of the field, Dallas is susceptible in D.

As far as our Defense. I’m not sure what will stop them other than studying the more recent losses where they’ve been stifled a bit. We definitely can’t sit back and give them easy 7-9 yard shots all day. Dallas is a team that built to get a nice lead and keep it. If they get behind the scoreboard at all I could see them squirm.
The Dallas D is fast to the outside. After watching how Jones has gashed defenses the last 3 games they may decide to fill the box at times. Our play action could get a few shots. But on the road we must protect Love long enough. Love must prove to be more agile than Rodgers. Love must be accurate when a receiver is open. Our receivers must catch the catchable balls.
On offense the Cowboys are already preparing for the Barry zone. Stop big pass plays and tackle. They believe they can get some big gains in the running game. Nevertheless, we have to try and stop the run. Force Dak to throw to Lamb. And just try and make a play. It was nice having to cover Jefferson with a QB who could not get the ball to him. Not this time.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly Dak doesn't have a good track record in playoff's. He's 4-2 and last time he faced GM, they were #1 seed and lost to us (2016-17). I think we can expect at least 1 turnover from Dak, probably more if our D plays hot.

Even this season vs top opponents (towards end of season), Love has better QBR than Dak, I think.

They are favorite, but not really a given.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I've never hidden my immense "like" of Mike McCarthy. Check out his description of who his family roots for. Kinda funny because the kids are all Green Bay kids except his eldest (really cute) daughter. Anyway, it starts at about the 2:30 mark.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dallas D is fast to the outside. After watching how Jones has gashed defenses the last 3 games they may decide to fill the box at times. Our play action could get a few shots. But on the road we must protect Love long enough. Love must prove to be more agile than Rodgers. Love must be accurate when a receiver is open. Our receivers must catch the catchable balls.
On offense the Cowboys are already preparing for the Barry zone. Stop big pass plays and tackle. They believe they can get some big gains in the running game. Nevertheless, we have to try and stop the run. Force Dak to throw to Lamb. And just try and make a play. It was nice having to cover Jefferson with a QB who could not get the ball to him. Nit this time.
As the playoffs get closer some angst can start to build inside you

So........

A little humor to relieve some stress.

Locker Room Talk On A Bad Team

1 loss
That was a tough one

3 losses in a row
What is going on??

6 losses in a row
I can't believe this is happening

10 losses in a row.
We Stink!!!

13 losses in a row
I'm moving to the moon

17 losses in a row
A perfect season!!!!!!!!

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never hidden my immense "like" of Mike McCarthy. Check out his description of who his family roots for. Kinda funny because the kids are all Green Bay kids except his eldest (really cute) daughter. Anyway, it starts at about the 2:30 mark.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
"How do you control that house?"
"I can't win in that house."

Mike being Mike. Good dude.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dak has yet to prove that he is a top QB. He is definitely a good quarterback and has had a better-than-normal season this year. Not having an elite QB gives us a chance.

Members online