2023 Wildcard game at Dallas

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We haven’t lost in AT&T stadium the records are 0-0 you can be 17-0 7-10 in the regular season doesn’t f***** matter once you make the playoffs it’s a clean slate. Let’s ride those B****** and go beat the niners after that. Nowwwwww do I think that’s gonna happen no lol they are likely to get waxed with our defense but it was one heck of a season and the future looks promising quickly. As long as we move on from Barry the future will be bright.
#W! On this rebuild!
AnY gIVeN SUndAy… LFG!!!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We haven’t lost in AT&T stadium the records are 0-0 you can be 17-0 7-10 in the regular season doesn’t f***** matter once you make the playoffs it’s a clean slate. Let’s ride those B****** and go beat the niners after that. Nowwwwww do I think that’s gonna happen no lol they are likely to get waxed with our defense but it was one heck of a season and the future looks promising quickly. As long as we move on from Barry the future will be bright.
#W! On this rebuild!
AnY gIVeN SUndAy… LFG!!!
The Cowboys have put up 3 consecutive 12-5 seasons. The 9ers have been their stumbling block. They are loaded with talent. They got tripped up at the end much like we did by the 9ers in 2021. The league is looking for another SF-Dallas clash. Detroit may have something to say about it.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys have put up 3 consecutive 12-5 seasons. The 9ers have been their stumbling block. They are loaded with talent. They got tripped up at the end much like we did by the 9ers in 2021. The league is looking for another SF-Dallas clash. Detroit may have something to say about it.
Scripted lol
McCarthy packers
Stafford lions
Hill vs chiefs

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper it's a loss.
However we can defenitly win if:

Keys to Victory:

Run the ball 30-35 times for 150+ yards, control the clock and time of possession keeping ball away from Prescot and that vertical McCarthy offense. If we fail to run the ball meaningfully it's most likly a loss.

Our passrush must get home consistently. If it doesn't it's most likly a loss.

Put JA on Lamb

This game will be a good Guage as to where our team is realy at.

Either way. Great second half of the season, a lot of growth for Lafleur and some other coaching stuff that translated in to player growth.

Future looking bright once agein.
Still fire Barry. D# looking much better last 2 weeks, however I don't believe this is Barry's doing. Most likly changes have been implemented on MLFs orders.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On paper it's a loss.
However we can defenitly win if:

Keys to Victory:

Run the ball 30-35 times for 150+ yards, control the clock and time of possession keeping ball away from Prescot and that vertical McCarthy offense. If we fail to run the ball meaningfully it's most likly a loss.

Our passrush must get home consistently. If it doesn't it's most likly a loss.

Put JA on Lamb

This game will be a good Guage as to where our team is realy at.

Either way. Great second half of the season, a lot of growth for Lafleur and some other coaching stuff that translated in to player growth.

Future looking bright once agein.
Still fire Barry. D# looking much better last 2 weeks, however I don't believe this is Barry's doing. Most likly changes have been implemented on MLFs orders.
In those 3 playoff games against Dallas in the 93,94, and 95 seasons running the football was our hope but it did not materialize. And the Cowboy offensive line was outstanding going the other way.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I've read through the stats. There's nothing to indicate that the Packers win this game. The Cowboys are statistically better in almost every significant category. No need to read them off. What I will say is that all the pressure is on Dallas. McMuffin is probably puckering so tightly right now he could turn coal into diamonds. The Packers will have the ability to just play loose. That doesn't mean there isn't pressure to perform, the expectations are just so much different for these teams.

If the Packers do not turn the ball over, like a few of the costly fumbles Love has had, I think they can offensively stay with Dallas. They also have to get rid of the weird mistakes that seem to plague them a bit. Clock management and special teams errors come to mind. If, just if, they can control the clock with Jones, and he seems to have fresh legs, and put up 30+ points, which I think they can, they have a shot. This last sentence may or may not be a run on.

GPG!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read through the stats. There's nothing to indicate that the Packers win this game. The Cowboys are statistically better in almost every significant category. No need to read them off. What I will say is that all the pressure is on Dallas. McMuffin is probably puckering so tightly right now he could turn coal into diamonds. The Packers will have the ability to just play loose. That doesn't mean there isn't pressure to perform, the expectations are just so much different for these teams.

If the Packers do not turn the ball over, like a few of the costly fumbles Love has had, I think they can offensively stay with Dallas. They also have to get rid of the weird mistakes that seem to plague them a bit. Clock management and special teams errors come to mind. If, just if, they can control the clock with Jones, and he seems to have fresh legs, and put up 30+ points, which I think they can, they have a shot. This last sentence may or may not be a run on.

GPG!
A few times there is an upset by the lowest seed. But this can happen when there is a lot more parity with the other seeds. The Cowboys have no real weaknesses or vulnerabilities. To lose they have to underperform and the opponent must play the game of the year. In 2011 our 15-1 team was beaten handily by the Giants at Lambeau. But we did have a weak defense and during the season we beat them 38-35. So an upset was possible. And Coughlin got it done. So there is a chance like Lloyd Christmas said.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
A few times there is an upset by the lowest seed. But this can happen when there is a lot more parity with the other seeds. The Cowboys have no real weaknesses or vulnerabilities. To lose they have to underperform and the opponent must play the game of the year. In 2011 our 15-1 team was beaten handily by the Giants at Lambeau. But we did have a weak defense and during the season we beat them 38-35. So an upset was possible. And Coughlin got it done. So there is a chance like Lloyd Christmas said.
Dallas can be run on and play action will work against them. No room for stupid penalties and the veterans must play well. I remain unsold on whether Prescott can win a meaningful game under consistent significant pass rush. Our problem is we don't appear to have a ball hawk to make him pay.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I see people are setting up the 'The Packers have no chance so, if they win its not because of anything they did' angle.
Yeah, there are some that will say the Cowboys didn't show up or make excuses for them.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A fair point but I feel the current situation is somewhat different. In 2011 the packers started off winning over and over until the kc game. Then 2 more wins in last 2 games. There was never a dip, never a change in momentum etc. They were constantly at the top of the mountain and never had a break from that pressure of trying to keep an undefeated season alive every time they stepped on the field.
The current team is having a very different season. Never at the top, just slowly grinding away, gaining alot of experience along the way, with none of the pressure of having to keep an undefeated season alive.
They have come a long way and are playing their best football on both sides off the ball at just the right time, and that's exactly how you want things to be going into the playoffs.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll start first by saying we are probably going to lose. The Cowboys are very good, they're basically unbeatable at home and Parsons can really give us fits. The matchup doesn't exactly point to victory.
Nobody is unbeatable at home. Think back to 20 years ago.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is unbeatable at home. Think back to 20 years ago.
I use to fall into the trap of looking at seasonal stats as the determining factor when the playoffs begin but over the years I've learned there are plenty of examples of playoff games where stats meant nothing.
I favor hot teams, playing well at the end of season as more important than overall w/l records etc.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key to the game is moving the ball every time we have it. I don't think it's unrealistic to want that. It has really been fun watching this offense play these past few games. And when they move the ball; the defense seems to play better.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I use to fall into the trap of looking at seasonal stats as the determining factor when the playoffs begin but over the years I've learned there are plenty of examples of playoff games where stats meant nothing.
I favor hot teams, playing well at the end of season as more important than overall w/l records etc.
I think the Packers have some advantages in this game. No matter the personnel on the field, every single guy can get open and catch the ball and we have a QB who doesn't look at the number on the jersey to determine where to throw it. They haven't met a team with the receiving depth we have. Hell, I don't think anyone else has our depth. We have no pressure and no expectations, so we can also afford to be very aggressive in the playcalling department. If the Cowboys come out cautious, which we all know MM tends to do in playoff games, they could find themselves chasing us from behind all night.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, nobody is eternally unbeatable at home. It was great, though, being a fan who, right up until that moment, KNEW that a playoff game at Lambeau meant a victory. :)
All streaks come to an end, and when it does it's usually an upset. I do remember when we won those 20 in a row the pressure to keep it going became intense!

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, Jordan is the best QB in this game; right now, our collection of weapons is better than the Cowboys'.

I expect the defense to struggle and I expect the offense to dominate. I expect to win.

That said, I would not be at all surprised if we lost.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, Jordan is the best QB in this game; right now, our collection of weapons is better than the Cowboys'.

I expect the defense to struggle and I expect the offense to dominate. I expect to win.

That said, I would not be at all surprised if we lost.
The best analysis I have heard yet.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers have some advantages in this game. No matter the personnel on the field, every single guy can get open and catch the ball and we have a QB who doesn't look at the number on the jersey to determine where to throw it. They haven't met a team with the receiving depth we have. Hell, I don't think anyone else has our depth. We have no pressure and no expectations, so we can also afford to be very aggressive in the playcalling department. If the Cowboys come out cautious, which we all know MM tends to do in playoff games, they could find themselves chasing us from behind all night.
Very good point about receiving corps. Besides the standard complement of receivers we had, all of a sudden we have these other guys popping out of the woodwork like Heath and Bo Melton who are making plays all over the place. Love now has more targets than ever which puts alot of pressure on the opponent to be able to cover them all on every play.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Parson's scares the bejezus out of me. The Cowboys secondary likes to gamble. Love has made some great throws into tight windows. I expect a couple of big plays, but probably a pick also due to this. I think the Pack can win, unless they don't.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have a chance since MM is their coach. But Joe Barry isn't good enough to put together 3 straight great performances, so I will predict that we lose 34-23, including a XP miss and FG miss from Carlson.

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be rooting for you guys this weekend.

Nothing I love more than to see that franchise & fanbase in misery.

I know they're a different animal at home, but they'll give you a couple of opportunities, just have to take advantage of them.

Good luck.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, so will put it here.

Interesting Cowboys vs. Packers playoff fact:

Dak Prescott led the NFL with 36 Pass TD during the regular season, while Jordan Love ranked 2nd with 32.

This is the 1st time in NFL history the outright top-2 leaders in Pass TD meet in a playoff opener.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it will really depend on how we start early on. Pretty much all the pressure is on Dallas. That’s always a high-pressure situation to begin with and it will be even greater this time around: it’s been one more year without a title (or deep run), Dallas’ team looks better poised to challenge than any time in recent years, MM against his former team, etc.
so all the pressure’s going to be on them. And MM can get a bit vanilla in high-pressure situations and doesn’t always react well to getting punched in the mouth, so to speak.

All that said if we go out and get the ball first and score and jump out to an early lead it’ll get interesting. Score first, get a stop and go up two scores and they’re gonna get real panicky imo.
But if they go ahead early I don’t think we’ll have the defense to play catch-up ball in a shootout. Get an early lead and we might make them sweat.