2023 season finale vs the Bears: Win and in edition part deux

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing the similarities between this season and last season.

Last season the Packers had won 5 out of their last 7 going into Week 18. Same as this season.

Last season the Packers destroyed the Vikings in Week 17. Same as this season.

Last season the Packers were 8-8 going into Week 18, needing to win the make the playoffs, and needing to beat a hot team that had won 4 out of their last 5 games. Same as this season.
Wow! That's some good research.
The final conclusion to draw doesn't bode well for GB.
Only savings grace I can think of is this team has a lot of young new players on the roster including the main guy JL.
Maybe these young guys can undo last years fiasco.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazing the similarities between this season and last season.

Last season the Packers had won 5 out of their last 7 going into Week 18. Same as this season.

Last season the Packers destroyed the Vikings in Week 17. Same as this season.

Last season the Packers were 8-8 going into Week 18, needing to win the make the playoffs, and needing to beat a hot team that had won 4 out of their last 5 games. Same as this season.
You missed that the next team up if we lose is Seattle, just like last year.

Reaction score
It’s a really bizarre similarity to last seasons season finale game at Lambeau. Including last years Detroit (Like Chicago) was already eliminated. Also both the Lions/Bears had won 4 of their last 5 going into Lambeau.

That said. I’d rather be playing the 2023 Bears than the 2022 Lions again to finish. Just my opinion.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions weren't eliminated until right before the game. The lions were a better team than the bares are!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We have been very lucky when it comes to QBs. Some teams switch out QBs right and left. Love is only our 3rd QB over a 30 yr period.
My son, who is a big eagles fan, has expressed his jealousy many times on how the packers just seen to roll into one great QB after another.
Love has also stayed healthy ALL season! That is a huge plus!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My son, who is a big eagles fan, has expressed his jealousy many times on how the packers just seen to roll into one great QB after another.
The Packer organization has done a great job evaluating QB's as well.

Some thought Wolf was nuts trading for Favre.

Some thought Ted shouldn't have drafted Rodgers.

Many still claim that Gute screwed the Packers Super Bowl chances drafting Love.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I live 25 minutes from the stadium and I'm usually home within an hour after leaving the stadium when I go to games. That's including the 5-6 block walk to my vehicle. The plan is to drive north on Ridge or Oneida and get to Mason street. Then cross the river before heading back south. If you are a gambler you can take a shot at getting on Ashland to head north or take Broadway into Depere. Head south on the country highways a few miles before trying to get on 41 or 43.
The game against the Chiefs, we opted to ignore Waze, which was telling us to go a route known to take a long time. Well, Waze was right, there was an accident on Marvelle Ln. and it took us over an hour just to get onto Oneida. It was a nightmare.

Those night games suck even more when they are close scores, nobody leaves until the clock hits 00:00.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To my way of thinking, a playoff ticket is just reward for beating the damn Bears. I know the younger guys dislike the Vikies and I get that. I don't "hate" the Bears organization or the players ... when I say that I despise the Bears, it's their fan base I cannot stand and I want the Packers to crush the Bears, so that their fans are miserable.

In short ... clobber their fans' emotional well being first. Then leave them in the rear view, and do a playoff game after that.

In that order of importance.
Most Bears fans down here are okay but Vikings fans? These clowns think they are superior to us because they won more division crowns. They get testy when I remind them they lost 4 Super Bowls. Insufferable to the max.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Most Bears fans down here are okay but Vikings fans? These clowns think they are superior to us because they won more division crowns. They get testy when I remind them they lost 4 Super Bowls. Insufferable to the max.
Just share this meme with them, that should shut them up.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
The game last year was on 1-8-23 which adds up to 32

This year the game is on 1-7-24 which adds up to 32.

Amazing find. lol
I got another similarity. Both QB’s wanted and were about to…,
make more $$!

Perfect Clip for my Dope sheet. That guy looks like he ate my Dope Sheet!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live 25 minutes from the stadium and I'm usually home within an hour after leaving the stadium when I go to games. That's including the 5-6 block walk to my vehicle. The plan is to drive north on Ridge or Oneida and get to Mason street. Then cross the river before heading back south. If you are a gambler you can take a shot at getting on Ashland to head north or take Broadway into Depere. Head south on the country highways a few miles before trying to get on 41 or 43.
To get back to New Franken we'd just got north on Ridge to Mason, then east on Mason all the way to 43 and we'd be home 45 minutes after the game ended.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
To get back to New Franken we'd just got north on Ridge to Mason, then east on Mason all the way to 43 and we'd be home 45 minutes after the game ended.
I've always thought New Franken's logo should be a large beer mug then you could proudly display your New Franken stein.

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Many still claim that Gute screwed the Packers Super Bowl chances drafting Love.
If Love continues to develop, he could be in the hall of fame. someday.
He has a strong arm like Favre did, but unlike Favre he can run too. A big plus when trying to get out of a collapsing pocket.
I don't feel he is as accurate as Rodgers yet, but his first year stats surpass those of Rodgers first year.
Don't think you can ask for more than that.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The car salesman we get our vehicles from also works security at Packer games. He always said that the Viking games were the worst as their fans are the most obnoxious.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The car salesman we get our vehicles from also works security at Packer games. He always said that the Viking games were the worst as their fans are the most obnoxious.

The Bears, Packers and Lions fans are Greg, Peter and Bobby.

The Vikings are Cousin Oliver.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Yup, these are the people that think they know more about prospects than the GM and his entire cadre of scouts and all the information they possess. The most egregious case of fan arrogance and stupidity that I can imagine. And yet...... every year we see more sniping from the cheap seats.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I find it rather surprising that Vikings fans exceed Bears fans in obnoxiousness.

Reaction score
Yup, these are the people that think they know more about prospects than the GM and his entire cadre of scouts and all the information they possess. The most egregious case of fan arrogance and stupidity that I can imagine. And yet...... every year we see more sniping from the cheap seats.
Well. In their Defense… I think we all want to sound smarter than we really are :)
Personally I love playing GM and the only difference between other fans and myself is I’m pretty sure it would take me a little longer to ruin the franchise. :tup:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do understand the notion that perhaps it is "better" to miss the playoffs and secure better draft position than it is to make the playoffs and presumably have an early exit. I would be in agreement that we are probably not a very serious Super Bowl contender at the moment.

But still that said...I'd certainly rather we make it and drop a few draft spots than miss out. And while my gut says we wouldn't stand a chance against a team like SF or Baltimore or etc...by that same measure it wasn't long ago that my gut (and many others' here!) would've told you that we didn't stand a chance against the Lions, Chiefs, etc.

In some ways it feels like we are more or less playing with house money at this point and that can make you pretty dangerous. By all accounts we're not "supposed" to be in the running for a playoff spot right now. We're supposed to be rebuilding for a year or two before hopefully being a contender in a few seasons. To even be in the mix right now is a big win. It wasn't too long ago that it was looking like perhaps the best course of action was going to be to blow it all up and tank for a top draft spot and hit reset…Now we've pretty certainly got our franchise QB secured and our young WRs are blossoming. We're still inexperienced and banged up but have shown that we can beat good teams if we're on our A-game.

And look at the NFC field right now. Who would you count us out against? I wouldn't call us "favorites" against some of them (and Vegas probably won't, either) but on a good day I think we've got a "ceiling" that at least could have us hang with Dallas and Philly (who appear to be circling the drain), Detroit and LA (who we've already beaten), and Tampa (if Joe Barry stays home sick). I've got a hard time seeing us beating SF, but even if we got to them and lost that'd be a better finish than 2022 and the same as 2021. That still has to be seen as a success in my book.

Go Pack Go!

chemist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do understand the notion that perhaps it is "better" to miss the playoffs and secure better draft position than it is to make the playoffs and presumably have an early exit. I would be in agreement that we are probably not a very serious Super Bowl contender at the moment.

But still that said...I'd certainly rather we make it and drop a few draft spots than miss out. And while my gut says we wouldn't stand a chance against a team like SF or Baltimore or etc...by that same measure it wasn't long ago that my gut (and many others' here!) would've told you that we didn't stand a chance against the Lions, Chiefs, etc.

In some ways it feels like we are more or less playing with house money at this point and that can make you pretty dangerous. By all accounts we're not "supposed" to be in the running for a playoff spot right now. We're supposed to be rebuilding for a year or two before hopefully being a contender in a few seasons. To even be in the mix right now is a big win. It wasn't too long ago that it was looking like perhaps the best course of action was going to be to blow it all up and tank for a top draft spot and hit reset…Now we've pretty certainly got our franchise QB secured and our young WRs are blossoming. We're still inexperienced and banged up but have shown that we can beat good teams if we're on our A-game.

And look at the NFC field right now. Who would you count us out against? I wouldn't call us "favorites" against some of them (and Vegas probably won't, either) but on a good day I think we've got a "ceiling" that at least could have us hang with Dallas and Philly (who appear to be circling the drain), Detroit and LA (who we've already beaten), and Tampa (if Joe Barry stays home sick). I've got a hard time seeing us beating SF, but even if we got to them and lost that'd be a better finish than 2022 and the same as 2021. That still has to be seen as a success in my book.

Go Pack Go!
A Well constructed message. I think we all agree the more experience this young team gets this year will pay off tenfold in the future.
The regular season doesn't provide the kind of experience you run into in the playoffs with all the media hoopla, obligations interviews etc. Everyone news outlet wants a piece of you.
Whether we get knocked out first round or not this experience will be invaluable.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a pretty boring board if no one gave their opinions of draft picks, free agents, coaches, etc. ? Asking for a friend.