2023 round 2 pick #42: Luke Musgrave

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A offensive TE who's a bit pedestrian at blocking. We need more weapons for Love and he fits the bill.

Looks like he has some drop issues which need fixing.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted Washington but I like Musgrave too

Maybe we still get Darnell to be Big Dog Jr at 45 doubling up in the round...

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9.76 RAS. Good all around TE, draft stock fell due to injury but was projected to the Bengals a lot at the end of the first. Good value at 42, especially with the run early on TE's.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted Washington. Musgrave can't catch the ball and stay healthy. What could go wrong? Reminds me of passing on TJ Watt and taking Kevin King. WTF?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted Washington. Musgrave can't catch the ball and stay healthy. What could go wrong? Reminds me of passing on TJ Watt and taking Kevin King. WTF?
? Musgrave had an MCL tear. He should have a full recovery and participate right away. The only other injury noted was in 2018 he had a concussion in high school. He's a more polished receiver than Washington which is what we need Love to have.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like musgrave best chance for a real te since Finley

Trade back twice and still get a good wr...hyatt, tillman, mims, rice

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
? Musgrave had an MCL tear. He should have a full recovery and participate right away. The only other injury noted was in 2018 he had a concussion in high school. He's a more polished receiver than Washington which is what we need Love to have.
Musgrave has an unacceptably high drop percentage. Yeh he has a good RAS but if you have butter fingers, it dorsn't matter. For a team that can't stay healthy and is plagued by knee injuries , why pick soneone who already has a season ending knee injury? Gute is tone deaf to the Packers injury epidemic

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musgrave would pair excellent with a Big Dog signed one year contract.
I don't disagree

Big Dog ain't playing for GB again though-he'll either join A-Rod & Hackett w/NYJ or he'll retire

Closest thing we'll get to your suggestion is grabbing Washington tonight cuz I see him as Big Dog Jr.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will be lucky to get TE Darnell Washington right now who is probably the steal of the draft at TE. He's a combo of Gronk and Jared Cook meaning he's powerful and plays heavy.

At the combine he was clearly the strongest TE as he lifted the blocking sled and walked it back 5 yds with ease while all of the other TEs struggled to even move it 2 yds and can catch much better then many think.

I like our picks thus far because they are all athletes and have upside.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here’s the thing though, at this point teams have been bypassing him left and right and has to be for a reason. I’ll yield to an entire collection of teams over us here on the board.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True and a lot of teams passed on Tom Brady and Aaron Jones also.

Now I'm wondering if something happened to whereas teams removed him from their draft board. He was slotted as a possible 1st Rd pick.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True and a lot of teams passed on Tom Brady and Aaron Jones also.

Now I'm wondering if something happened to whereas teams removed him from their draft board. He was slotted as a possible 1st Rd pick.
I heard he has a foot issue that flared up after the combine...? I'm not 100% sure...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Musgrave was clocked at the Sr. Bowl topping out at 20.05 mph at 255#.

I can see him running vertical up the seam against quarters like Lazard would do on occasion.

Love the selection. Arguably the highest ceiling of any TE in the class.