2019 Combine Thread

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I had read here and there for weeks that Polite has some character baggage. I didn't really know what that meant. I think I get it now.

He added a bunch of bad weight, was ill prepared to test, and was passive aggressive when teams tried to get under his skin and see how he would react.

It would seem that he's not interested in putting the work in and gets pissy when questioned about it. This meshes with his propensity to dog it sometimes.

Hard pass.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Devin White and Devin Bush had eerily similar athletic profiles.

Reaction score
but I'm not investing a 1st round pick in a guy based on the possibility that he might play stronger with added weight,
I’m sort of in the middle there. I think he’s a definite reach at #12 but he’ worth strong consideration at #30 overall. At #44 Burns would be a steal

All that said I think he’s gone before #30 either way

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm liking this WR class the more I see em. It may be the 2nd deepest class in the Draft. With that being said, I'm still strong on my position of taking one Day 3. Taking one too early screams that we don't have confidence in our guys from 2018 to take the Year 2 jump, and I believe they can.

Meanwhile, I'm still solid on Devin White. I hear you guys on Devin Bush but quite frankly, my only reasoning is White played in the SEC, and Bush played in the BigTen. Michigan got blown out by an overachieving Florida. LSU faces Bama, Florida, and Georgia every year and always keeps it close. I feel like White has played against better competition overall.

We finally saw the Jachai Polite's issues rear their ugly head. I'm curious how far he falls. Call me crazy, but if he were available by the time our two picks came in that 6th, I'd pull the trigger. He could be a great redemption story. If not, it was only a 6th.....

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had read here and there for weeks that Polite has some character baggage. I didn't really know what that meant. I think I get it now.

He added a bunch of bad weight, was ill prepared to test, and was passive aggressive when teams tried to get under his skin and see how he would react.

It would seem that he's not interested in putting the work in and gets pissy when questioned about it. This meshes with his propensity to dog it sometimes.

Hard pass.
I agree. The way he talked just irks me. He doesnt watch tape. Maybe instead of seeing it as teams "bashing" him, he should ask teams how to improve. Hard pass like Orlando Brown for me last year.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a fan of OL Kaleb McGary from washington.
Erik McCoy made some money. Can see him as a center or guard but desperately needs to add strength.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The way he talked just irks me. He doesnt watch tape. Maybe instead of seeing it as teams "bashing" him, he should ask teams how to improve. Hard pass like Orlando Brown for me last year.

In retrospect, Brown played pretty well this year.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Biggest winners of the combine to me:
  • Travis Homer, RB, Miami
  • Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State
  • Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
  • Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
  • T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
  • Kahale Warring, TE, SDSU
  • Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
  • Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
  • Dalton Risner, OL, KSU
  • Zach Allen, DL, BC
  • Montez Sweat, ED, MSU
  • Anthony Nelson, ED, Iowa
  • Chase Winovich, ED, Michigan
  • Blake Chasman, LB, Minnesota
  • Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame
  • Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn
  • Amani Hooker, S, Iowa
These players didn't have the most impressive workouts at their positions by any means, but all of them had at least some question regarding their athleticism entering the event and all exceeded expectations. Players like Andre Dillard, Parris Campbell, Noah Fant, Rashan Gary, etc. all had great days but they were all expected to as well.

Biggest Losers:
  • Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia
  • Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
  • Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia
  • Ross Pierschbacher, OL, Alabama
  • Isaiah Buggs, iDL, Alabama
  • Jachai Polite, ED, Florida
  • Terrill Hanks, LB, NMSU
  • Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
  • Mike Bell, S, Fresno State
  • Malik Gant, S, Marshall
You do not have to be a plus, plus athlete (comparative to other NFL athletes) to succeed in the NFL, but these players all proved to be sub standard to the point that it's doubtful how helpful they can be to a roster.

H

HardRightEdge

Hard pass.
The character issues started last season. He was benched for the first series on opening day, some kind of disciplinary message being sent.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We finally got numbers on Brandon's boy Jaylon Ferguson. Lol.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Biggest winners of the combine to me:
  • Travis Homer, RB, Miami
  • Hakeem Butler, WR, Iowa State
  • Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
  • Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
  • T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa
  • Kahale Warring, TE, SDSU
  • Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
  • Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington
  • Dalton Risner, OL, KSU
  • Zach Allen, DL, BC
  • Montez Sweat, ED, MSU
  • Anthony Nelson, ED, Iowa
  • Chase Winovich, ED, Michigan
  • Blake Chasman, LB, Minnesota
  • Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame
  • Corey Ballentine, CB, Washburn
  • Amani Hooker, S, Iowa
These players didn't have the most impressive workouts at their positions by any means, but all of them had at least some question regarding their athleticism entering the event and all exceeded expectations. Players like Andre Dillard, Parris Campbell, Noah Fant, Rashan Gary, etc. all had great days but they were all expected to as well.

Biggest Losers:
  • Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia
  • Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
  • Isaac Nauta, TE, Georgia
  • Ross Pierschbacher, OL, Alabama
  • Isaiah Buggs, iDL, Alabama
  • Jachai Polite, ED, Florida
  • Terrill Hanks, LB, NMSU
  • Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt
  • Mike Bell, S, Fresno State
  • Malik Gant, S, Marshall
You do not have to be a plus, plus athlete (comparative to other NFL athletes) to succeed in the NFL, but these players all proved to be sub standard to the point that it's doubtful how helpful they can be to a roster.
How did you not have D.K. Metcalf in your biggest winners from the combine?

I know some don't like him, but there is no denying he moved himself up to a near lock in the first round after Indy.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

I know some don't like him, but there is no denying he moved himself up to a near lock in the first round after Indy.

Like I said in the post you quoted, I wasn't compiling the most impressive workouts. I was listing the guys who exceeded expectations and proved to have a stronger athletic profile than was previously assumed. Metcalf's explosive metrics were insane, but that was also expected.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was already a lock.

Everybody knew he was a freak coming in.