10 Reasons why the Packers beat the Bears

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Geez guys, calm down a little bit with the jinx stuff. It's going to happen, because were getting recognition. Great teams like the Pats, Steelers, Colts, etc see this stuff all the time. They don't lose shockers because of jinxes, they lose because they get outplayed.

MartinezFlow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez guys, calm down a little bit with the jinx stuff. It's going to happen, because were getting recognition. Great teams like the Pats, Steelers, Colts, etc see this stuff all the time. They don't lose shockers because of jinxes, they lose because they get outplayed.

I agree. Being "jinxed" that's all superstitious. What matters is how we play. Nice article though.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The biggest Jinx we had for for years was named Brett Farve. Just saying.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Murgen I agree with that. The way I am seeing it, the Bears are posting practically the same stuff. The only way I can see the Packers lose is if they play flat, something I am not exepecting especially watching their conference videos this week. They don't make any harsh statements about the Bears, calling out challenges or what not. They seem focused on their goals of making it through the next 8 quarters.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Murgen I agree with that. The way I am seeing it, the Bears are posting practically the same stuff. The only way I can see the Packers lose is if they play flat, something I am not exepecting especially watching their conference videos this week. They don't make any harsh statements about the Bears, calling out challenges or what not. They seem focused on their goals of making it through the next 8 quarters.

The Bears are acting way more confident than our team, or our fans are. I like the way this developing, as long as our focus is correctly placed in studying the right film. We can't pull a Patriots.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its funny because alot of the time its the same type of people who after 2 losses say we are done and we suck are now the same people who post SB stuff. Sorry I dont say we won before we actually have done it. After the Dolphins and Redskins losses everyone on here except for a select few trashed this team and now those same people are saying SB. Just let the game be played. Maybe title something "10 ways the Packers can win"

Saw the same stuff in 07.

And as for discounting jinxes say that to anyone in FF that has drafted the madden cover guy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 ways the bears could win

1. Gould > Crosby
2. Cover 2
3. Field conditions
4. Cutler has a hot day
5. drops
6. Fumbles
7. We struggle in chicago
8. Peppers pass rush
9. we are better indoors
10. Lady Luck has been on Chicagos side since the season started, why wouldnt she be there Sunday?

Not saying the Bears are going to win but lets take them seriously. Packers should win 21-17 IMO.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Its funny because alot of the time its the same type of people who after 2 losses say we are done and we suck are now the same people who post SB stuff. Sorry I dont say we won before we actually have done it. After the Dolphins and Redskins losses everyone on here except for a select few trashed this team and now those same people are saying SB. Just let the game be played. Maybe title something "10 ways the Packers can win"

Saw the same stuff in 07.

And as for discounting jinxes say that to anyone in FF that has drafted the madden cover guy.

I'm not saying weve won this game yet, but it's not going to hurt our team to talk about why we could win, and why we might have an advantage.

How did that Madden curse work out for Brees? Doesn't the curse insure injury to the player?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying weve won this game yet, but it's not going to hurt our team to talk about why we could win, and why we might have an advantage.

How did that Madden curse work out for Brees? Doesn't the curse insure injury to the player?

down year or injury. Lost to the Seattle seahawks, the only team to get into the post season with a losing record. Jinx lives on.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only player that I can think of that didnt have a bad year or injury would be Fitzgerald, but he shared the cover with Polomulu (not googling how to spell it, lazy today) and he had his worst injury year of his career.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, that was a legitimate question, I wasn't sure. I thought it was just injury.

I know, sorry if it came off rude.

Eddie George lost in the playoffs the year he was on it and had a down type year, similar to Brees.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I know, sorry if it came off rude.

Eddie George lost in the playoffs the year he was on it and had a down type year, similar to Brees.

Actually I posted that because i thought I may have been rude, haha.

I still think the whole thing is just a coincidence or something less. I mean, think about it, they put these players on the cover because they had an incredible season, usually the best of their careers. Of course it's no surprise if the next year is less than stellar in comparison. That's kind of why I feel the curse should only apply if the player is injured.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well then is Cutler the one cursed since he was on the SI cover?

should be. I know my chicago friends are not pleased with what they found in their mailbox this week.

Remember when we were on the cover beating the lions? that hurt.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I'd say you just have to keep focused. You are already there, you just have to finish. Only the Packers can stop the Packers now.

Just play as you did against the Falcons for these last two games and the world shall bow at your feet.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten: "Only the Packers can stop the Packers now."

+1000

And the 10 reasons are perfectly reasonable, if we play to our capabilities. If we play like in Detroit, we lose. MM has turned the team around since that debacle.

Members online

Latest posts