OFFICIAL Packers vs vikings #2 seed edition

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Jordy is playing?!
Yes, until he re-aggravates the hammy or ankle, and leaves.
Why is Driver sitting under these circumstances?
So when Jordy goes out again, he will join Cobb and Driver?

Just Jones and Jennings healthy left of our "Big 5"?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, did you also predict the end of the World a few days ago. ;) I think we need Jordy in this game. I never understood why we kept Driver around this season though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, did you also predict the end of the World a few days ago. ;) I think we need Jordy in this game. I never understood why we kept Driver around this season though.
No the Mayans are fools.

GO BEARS... they look to have it won now, keep the Giants out!

I just hope Jordy and Jones and Jennings all last the game.

Driver was a novelty this year apparently. Not sure why.... he was our most reliable receiver in the last playoff game.
Guess McCarthy didn't like the dancing?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could we MAYBE not run a draw play on first down anymore? Ryant Grant is not elusive enough and this O-line is not prolific enough for success with the draw.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never seen Aaron Rodgers that animated in my liffe. Wow. MMneeds to look at the rule book even tho its a dumb rule we lucked out.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

A Sketchy game so far. But knowing this team. It will find a way to win. I hope.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why no Grant today?
Cause he sucks. And playing him on the first two series may have contributed to us ultimately losing the game. It is the same type of play we have always seen out of him - he can only run behind a line that can gouge a big hole for him, and only to punch out an occasional 15 yd run to beef up his average. I was afraid they would start him today, after his two garbage time TDs last week. If you don't know by now, I am not a Ryan Grant fan.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack D holding them to under 300 yards this week. I expect more of a shootout like last seasons finale. Minnyhaha is in full playoff mode. GB is trying to maintain and tone up. With a potential rematch the following week, I do not expect the full playbook or schemes. I see the Pack as trying to win with no new wrinkles and still sitting players such as Starks, House, Woodson and Cobb. (This IS before they practice this week.)
Vikings 38-35. Missin misses a long shot (55+) at end of 1st half.
Rodgers 17-28, 320 yards, 3 TD's, one pick, 5 sacks, 30 yards rushing.
Grant / Harris go for 160 yards rushing.
Def allows 195 yards to AP, gets a pick 6 and another pick, 4 sacks.
Ponder goes 14-29 for 220 yards, 2 TD's, plus runs for about 45 yards and a TD.
Dang I was close!
OK he made a 51 yarder instead.
Fumble instead of pick. Few more passing yards instead of rushing.
Halfway there. Grant didn't hold up his half.
No turnovers and 1 sack.
Few more yards passing, not as many rushing.
Glad to see our return yardage is from the system and not the returner.:geek:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Cause he sucks. And playing him on the first two series may have contributed to us ultimately losing the game. It is the same type of play we have always seen out of him - he can only run behind a line that can gouge a big hole for him, and only to punch out an occasional 15 yd run to beef up his average. I was afraid they would start him today, after his two garbage time TDs last week. If you don't know by now, I am not a Ryan Grant fan.
Yeah, I noticed!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To sorryy draw plays. I lik harris better but he didnt really get a chance. Shoulda benced tramon williams instead.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Green Bay team seemed a bit over-confident at the start after the blowout win last week. I suspected this might happen. You will see a different team next week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This Green Bay team seemed a bit over-confident at the start after the blowout win last week. I suspected this might happen. You will see a different team next week.

And Vikings will have a let down as well????

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple of dumb throws by Ponder bailed us out 1st go round. He takes care of the bal and AP grinds the clock i wouldnt be shocked if they knock us out next week. If these guys dont wanna tackle in a dome so tackling in sub freezing temperatures should be fun. If these guys put more effort into tackling as they do celebrating after they make a play we win.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Understanding the "any given Sunday" paradigm, I was not at all discouraged yesterday and feel very confident going into Saturday's rematch. We were right there yesterday and just made a couple of mistakes on defense that can be easily corrected this week. Hopefully get some more of our wounded back and the home crowd on our side, not to mention an officiating crew that can spot the GD football, I like our chances.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday's loss left us with 3 major f-ups!

1. No bye.
2. Let the Vikings into the playoffs.
3. Gave da Bears an excuse to fire Lovie!

A win on Saturday can rectify # 1 and # 2.

Go Pack Go! ;)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Raptor...How many games were the Packers up and the team just passed the ball at the end?? We all know that happens..

In 2005 we had the #1 ranked def for yards...Why? We were 4-12 and when losing, the other team would just run the ball to grind clock out..So the passing yards were way down..Which led us to having the #1 def for passing yards...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingAttempts/position/defense

That shows att of rushing per game defenses give up..Of the bottom 15 teams, only 4 are in hunt for playoffs...That means the other 11 teams are losing, so their opponents run out clock...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/sort/passingAttempts/position/defense

Passing attempts by opposing teams

Of the bottom 15 teams, 9 are in hunt for playoffs....Those 9 opponents are playing catch up so they pass more..

So I would like to know how many pass att and yards our opponents have when they are losing or known they will lose..
Ok, had a little time and I found a source for the number of rushes in the fourth quarter. It is very interesting and telling. These are totals for the year.

Teams in the playoffs. Average number of rushes in the 4th, 142.8 or 30.3% of all their rushes during the year.
Teams not in playoffs. Average number of rushes in the 4th, 102.4 or 24.6% of all their rushes during the year.

I could break it down by teams but I don't think that is necessary. So it appears to show that teams that are winning do run the ball more in the 4th than teams that are not winning. Assuming of course teams that win made the playoffs. Chicago BTW is at 138 in the 4th so they are right in with the teams that made the playoffs. The lowest numbers belong to Jacksonville 60 and AZ at 64. The highest, Denver 174, and San Fran, 165.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack D holding them to under 300 yards this week. I expect more of a shootout like last seasons finale. Minnyhaha is in full playoff mode. GB is trying to maintain and tone up. With a potential rematch the following week, I do not expect the full playbook or schemes. I see the Pack as trying to win with no new wrinkles and still sitting players such as Starks, House, Woodson and Cobb. (This IS before they practice this week.)
Vikings 38-35. Missin misses a long shot (55+) at end of 1st half.
Rodgers 17-28, 320 yards, 3 TD's, one pick, 5 sacks, 30 yards rushing.
Grant / Harris go for 160 yards rushing.
Def allows 195 yards to AP, gets a pick 6 and another pick, 4 sacks.
Ponder goes 14-29 for 220 yards, 2 TD's, plus runs for about 45 yards and a TD.

Since Poppa San just about nailed it, what is your prediction for Saturday?

Members online

Latest posts