OFFICIAL Packers vs vikings #2 seed edition

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
If anything, the Packers are one-dimensional too. We shut down Arian Foster and even forced him to fumble and we'll do the same against any RB GB has.

Because, the Vikings season is on the line. They are fighting for a chance to play in January and have a shot at the Super Bowl and also play while the Bears and Lions stay at home.

I HOPE the Vikings get written off for this game. Look what happened with San Francisco, Houston, and the second game against Chicago! And we should have beat you Slackers in Lambeau too, if not for some dumb picks. AD ran 200+ yards against you and he'll do it again.

SKOL, VIKINGS
First Houston does not have nearly as close to the type of passing game that we have which therefore will open up the run. All you have is the run and a bad QB. And woulda coulda shouldas don't mean jack. IF you didn't throw picks you coulda win IF the refs didn't screw up in Seattle we woulda won IF my mom had balls shed be my dad.... And AP will not run for 200+ take that to the bank. I will be suprised if he gets over 125.

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score
. And AP will not run for 200+ take that to the bank. I will be suprised if he gets over 125.

Makes me wonder how you reacted when he ran for 210 yards IN Lambeau. Love how you make that statement when he already did that against you Slackers.

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Makes me wonder how you reacted when he ran for 210 yards IN Lambeau. Love how you make that statement when he already did that against you Slackers.
So cuz he ran for 200 on us once means he will run for 200 everytime for the rest of his career? You don't think that Dom will make adjustments and that clay will make a difference? Wow we mine as well not even play the game lets just say he will get the same yards as last game give him the record and cancel the game Sunday!

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injury Report. Summary from NFL.com
Randall Cobb -- Limited Participation --
C.J. Wilson -- Limited Participation --
Alex Green -- Full Participation --
Jordy Nelson -- Full Participation --
Davon House -- Limited Participation --
Evan Dietrich-Smith - Limited Participation --
Jerel Worthy -- Limited Participation --
Josh Sitton - Did Not Participate --
James Starks -- Did Not Participate --
Charles Woodson - Out (Definitely Will Not Play) --
Tom Crabtree -- Full Participation --
Mason Crosby - Did Not Participate --
Jeff Saturday - Limited Participation --

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So cuz he ran for 200 on us once means he will run for 200 everytime for the rest of his career? You don't think that Dom will make adjustments and that clay will make a difference? Wow we mine as well not even play the game lets just say he will get the same yards as last game give him the record and cancel the game Sunday!
Really, tell me, how did you come up with these numbers? Because they did it last year, or last game?

GBPack12_2_85 said:
Rodgers will go 25/32 302 yards 3 TDs grant will have 22 carries for 101 and a TD and our D will hold the vikings O to under 280 yards and force 2 turnovers.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
First Houston does not have nearly as close to the type of passing game that we have which therefore will open up the run. All you have is the run and a bad QB. And woulda coulda shouldas don't mean jack. IF you didn't throw picks you coulda win IF the refs didn't screw up in Seattle we woulda won IF my mom had balls shed be my dad.... And AP will not run for 200+ take that to the bank. I will be suprised if he gets over 125.
Ummm, Looks pretty close to me. But I could be wrong.

Code:
Rk    Team                 Att    Pct    Att/G     Yds     Avg    Yds/G    TD    Int
10    Green Bay Packers    518    66.8    34.5    3,716    7.7    247.7    36    8
15    Houston Texans       518    63.7    34.5    3,580    7.3    238.7    22    11

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Really, tell me, how did you come up with these numbers? Because they did it last year, or last game?
It's called a prediction... Does it matter how I am came up with them. All the queens fans are saying AP will rush for 200 yards on us tell me why because he did it last game on us? Last game vikings had 329 yards I think they will have less they had 2 TO same as what I predicted. Rodgers had 286 yards and 1 TD 1 INT I believe he will have a better day. Grant has healthy legs and I see us finally snapping that 45 or something game streak w/o a hundred yard rusher. Don't like my predictions don't read them simple as that.

VikingsInvader

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol did I say he would run for that again? I was half joking in my original post, but at least in the one YOU QUOTED I didn't state or imply that. Nice Straw Man. All that I meant is that it is funny/foolish to say he WON'T run 200+ yards when he already did and that he can do it again.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Let me answer for Vikings invader. I'll quote someone else so I don't seem like I am siding to much with a fellow Vikings fan.

It's called a prediction...Don't like my predictions don't read them simple as that.

Now were have I heard that before? See it's ok for you to predict Rodgers is going to have a better day, but it's not ok for Viking fans to predict Peterson will do the same. Because "Dom will make adjustments" . You do know that the Vikings got Chris Cook back? But the Vikings DB's aren't any good. That's right. Houston's passing game isn't anywhere near Green Bay's. That being said, I expect Rodgers to pulled by the middle of the 3rd quarter when the Packer are up 41-7. Anything less will be a disappointment to me.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Injury Report. Summary from NFL.com
Randall Cobb -- Limited Participation --
C.J. Wilson -- Limited Participation --
Alex Green -- Full Participation --
Jordy Nelson -- Full Participation --
Davon House -- Limited Participation --
Evan Dietrich-Smith - Limited Participation --
Jerel Worthy -- Limited Participation --
Josh Sitton - Did Not Participate --
James Starks -- Did Not Participate --
Charles Woodson - Out (Definitely Will Not Play) --
Tom Crabtree -- Full Participation --
Mason Crosby - Did Not Participate --
Jeff Saturday - Limited Participation --
From Packers.com

Cobb, Randall WR Ankle / Knee LP
Crabtree, Tom TE Hamstring FP
Crosby, Mason K Illness DNP
Dietrich-Smith, Evan C/G Knee LP
Green, Alex RB Concussion FP
House, Davon CB Shoulder / Hip LP
Nelson, Jordy WR Hamstring FP
Saturday, Jeff C Neck / Shoulder LP
Sitton, Josh G Concussion DNP
Starks, James RB Knee DNP
Wilson, C.J. DE Knee LP
Woodson, Charles DB Collarbone Out
Worthy, Jerel DE Hamstring LP

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not saying this will happen, but... could it be a GOOD thing if the Packers lost? Maybe?

And this has nothing to do with the Bears not getting in, cause they would be a free win.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Not saying this will happen, but... could it be a GOOD thing if the Packers lost? Maybe?

And this has nothing to do with the Bears not getting in, cause they would be a free win.
It's hard to sustain more than 5 wins in a row, and we could go in hungry after a wakeup call. That said I'd rather go in on a roll

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In my opinion no. The bye week would really help with injuries. I know people say last year the bye week made players rusty but I think as long as healthy players aren't being sat for this weekend like last year it should be okay.

Creepy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time Peterson had a great game and I feel he will get less than 100 yards. mathews is back and the outside and backisde pursuit will be better than first game. GB has Shileds back so the DB is in better conditionthan last game. Don't think Rodgers will have abetter game indoors? Nelson will play, Jennings and Jones will make up for Cobb being out. GB is in better condition this game rthan last, the Vikings have changed nothing. They got a DB back, but he wasn't doing crap before. Texans were beat by Vikings, guess what? Packers beat Texans. GB will come out fast and Vikes will have to abandon run to catch up. That is when thinghs go down hill for Vikings. As for the crowd noise, too many tickets sold to GB fans before Vikes got it together. Packer friendly crowd this year, no help for Viking offense.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am unsure if the Vikings still have a shot at the playoffs, as I stopped paying attention them once we clinched the division. However, I also think the Packers will have an awesome day on Sunday.

I think last year is still very much in the back of their minds. I don't see MM sitting Rodgers, Matthews etc this year. Primarily because we have a major advantage to play for this time around, but also because last year there was a lot of criticism about how ready our guys were.

I am certain that Aaron Rodgers will tee off and have a hell of a game. I am not sure to what extent, but I would venture a guess of 250+ yards and 2 TDs.

However, I the MOST excited for our run game. I know that sounds strange, as Rodgers is my favorite player (though I love ALL of our Packers.) but Harris and Grant are set for one HELL of a playoff run.

Grant seems to be coming back to his old form, which is great. He seems to be saying "This is why you shouldn't have cut me!" every time he touches the ball! I LOVE that kind of determination! I hope this continues!

Juan Harris reminds me of MJD and Turner out in ATL. He has that same type of build, and seems to run with the same kind of power. He seems to be saying "I am going to be the starter!" whenever he gets a touch! I LOVE it! I know that Harris was recently brought in from elsewhere (Pittsburgh I think?) but it is awesome that he is blossoming here in Green Bay. Just like the aforementioned Ryan Grant!

Also, I am HUGE fan of CM3. He has been back for 2 games and has 3 sacks. I wonder what he would have done if he didn't have to sit out those 4-5 games? I think he will have a HUGE impact in our playoff run!

Any word on Randall Cobb? I hope he is ok. He seemed to be alright when he walked off the field vs. Tenn.

Thanks all!

--Rob.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Vikes pummeled the Texans last weekend. They gained a lot of confidence. This is a playoff game for them. They're going to come in very fired up.

This ain't gonna be an easy game at all folks. The difference with the past 2 years is that the Queens are playing for the post-season. I'd be surprised if we stomped them. We'll need to play a very good game to beat them.

Is there any plausible reason to believe we won't play a very good game?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Grant seems to be coming back to his old form, which is great. He seems to be saying "This is why you shouldn't have cut me!" every time he touches the ball! I LOVE that kind of determination! I hope this continues!
Grant is HEALTHY. Apparently he needed a few months to fully recoup his ankle

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be disappointed and disheartened if the Pack doesn't execute extremely well and make this something of a statement game (I hate that phrase). This is one of those games a championship caliber team wins, I expect the Pack to do very well.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Giant game this year/ and last year in playoffs

Given the Packers' overall performance over the last 2 1/2 years, I would consider those games to be outliers, rather than a representation of what is to be expected.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Given the Packers' overall performance over the last 2 1/2 years, I would consider those games to be outliers, rather than a representation of what is to be expected.

We expected a very good game and it didnt happen

Kansas city

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We expected a very good game and it didnt happen

Kansas city

So that's what you're expecting? We have a bad game about one in every 11 games over the past 2.5 seasons and you're expecting that this Sunday? Pessimistic much?

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got the Packers 28 Vikings 16. http://wp.me/p29VCs-e2

Vikings are AP (and Blair Walsh) on offense. Our defense is nearing an elite level in my mind. With Wilson (hopefully) and Claymaker back in the lineup, AP will find it more difficult going this time around. And our secondary will shut down any semblance of a pass game that the Vikes pretend to have. Yes, their defense just shut down Houston. But, Rodgers is rolling right now. With a near full stable of skilled players at his disposal and an emerging run game, I expect the Packers offense to continue its hot pace. 4 TD's and probably a missed Shanksby FG to boot.

I also love how Vikings fans are so preoccupied about AP breaking the all-time rush record. It'd be perfect if we kept AP under 100 yards and, as a result, under the 2K threshold. All the talk about the record and he doesn't even crack 2K yards. It'd be a perfect ending to their season if that happens. High expectations and hopes to be dashed both for the playoffs and the AP's record season.

Members online

Latest posts