2023 official Chiefs Week pregame thread...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who would have guessed the way weeks 4-7 went that here we would be, coming off a massive upset in Detroit against the division leader and likely #2 playoff seed team at worst....and are not completely hopeless against the Chiefs coming into town.

Chiefs defense is VERY GOOD, BUT their offensive struggles to be consistent (reminds me of how our offense was early in the year). They are nearly the leading defense in yards allowed through the air...and struggle more so against the run but still a middle of the pack and not bad.

Logic tells me just like when I predicted we beat the Lions...I'm gonna say this young team knows no better and shocks the world two weeks in a row...

Packers 31 Chiefs 27

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see us putting up that many points, but I can see us holding them to less.

Pack 24 Chefs 21

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Preseason, I optimistically predicted a 6-6 record after this game. I figured a few more wins earlier and a brutal record the past month. I would not be surprised with the outcome either way. ATM KC is the #1 seed in the AFC and the Packers have a punchers chance of winning. Whoda thunk it 3 months ago?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As of last week the chiefs were 28th in defense pass rush win rate and 31st in run block win rate. Love should have some chances to get things going.

BUT, they're one of only four teams yet to give up over 2,000 yards passing against them which is just incredible.
They've also given up the third fewest total yards as a defense this year too.
Second fewest points given up.
Second lease penalized defenses in the league.
Second best % of drives where they are scored on.
Third best net yards per pass attempt.
8th best yards per play.

Make no doubt about it, they are a VERY good defense.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUT, they're one of only four teams yet to give up over 2,000 yards passing against them which is just incredible.
8th best yards per play.

Shhhh.... Don't let the kids hear you.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8th best yards per play.

Have a good experienced DC.

Reaction score
There’s zero question we are underdogs to KC. However boys n girls we’ve got a few things going for us.
We’re playing at home and Jordan is far more prepared vs our last meeting. Correct me but we should be getting healthier by Sunday night also.

I still am concerned about this Defense though. KC is easily a top 5 Defense anyway you slice it.
If Jordan scores more than 20 points I’ll be severely impressed.
If Jordan Wins?? This would be a MASSIVE turning point in the season.
We have to understand The Vikings (#7 seed) just dropped to 6-6 and they finish up this season with a Lions-Packers-Lions schedule. Plus they struggled mightily at home tonight. Although they currently win in a tie, we play them again also.

The 6-5 Seahawks (#6 seed) have a brutal schedule coming up. I won’t count them out but it’s very possible they are at .500 after the next 3 games.

This means there’s a distinct chance we can catch 1 of those 2 teams and sneak into the post season.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There’s zero question we are underdogs to KC. However boys n girls we’ve got a few things going for us.
We’re playing at home and Jordan is far more prepared vs our last meeting. Correct me but we should be getting healthier by Sunday night also.

I still am concerned about this Defense though. KC is easily a top 5 Defense anyway you slice it.
If Jordan scores more than 20 points I’ll be severely impressed.
If Jordan Wins?? This would be a MASSIVE turning point in the season.
We have to understand The Vikings (#7 seed) just dropped to 6-6 and they finish up this season with a Lions-Packers-Lions schedule. Plus they struggled mightily at home tonight. Although they currently win in a tie, we play them again also.

The 6-5 Seahawks (#6 seed) have a brutal schedule coming up. I won’t count them out but it’s very possible they are at .500 after the next 3 games.

This means there’s a distinct chance we can catch 1 of those 2 teams and sneak into the post season.
KC can win games in many different ways. Very close losses at home to Detroit and Philly surprised me. Andy Reid is a great coach. His team is experienced. 3 SB appearances gives his team a certain confidence no matter where the go. Their DC is a solid game planner. We cannot let this game impact our mental state for the last 5 games. Injury wise we just have to use who we have.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we want to win this game, but possibly just as important is don't get blown out or show regression. Even with a loss here, with the Vikings loss to the bears and Seattle's upcoming brutal schedule, we finished with five very winnable games, and a very good shot of making the playoffs.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course we want to win this game, but possibly just as important is don't get blown out or show regression. Even with a loss here, with the Vikings loss to the bears and Seattle's upcoming brutal schedule, we finished with five very winnable games, and a very good shot of making the playoffs.

The ticket to the playoffs which seemed crazy I said was minimum had to split Det/KC (CHECK) and win minimum three of remaining five (very doable). That puts you at 8 wins, nine is likely the ticket but 8 would be potentially minimum needed as I see it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The challenge is coaching. The team has potential but it is fragile. They could play like they did Thursday or look like they did against sub par opponents. Getting them to focus on one opponent without looking at the standings is important. A lot of this team has not been in the post season. Only a few have been in the NFC Championship game. And there are no old veteran leaders there to mentor them.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ticket to the playoffs which seemed crazy I said was minimum had to split Det/KC (CHECK) and win minimum three of remaining five (very doable). That puts you at 8 wins, nine is likely the ticket but 8 would be potentially minimum needed as I see it.
I'd be a lot more comfortable with 10, I think that's what it'll take to avoid losing out on a tiebreaker.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that one of the interesting story lines will be to watch the offensive play calls from both teams. The creativeness of Andy Reid's offense has been discussed in every telecast ad nauseum. However, for better or worse LaFleur has been mixing in more creative plays than I've ever seen in Green Bay. They are all working but it will be interesting to see how creative LaFleur and Reid get against two good defenses.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that one of the interesting story lines will be to watch the offensive play calls from both teams. The creativeness of Andy Reid's offense has been discussed in every telecast ad nauseum. However, for better or worse LaFleur has been mixing in more creative plays than I've ever seen in Green Bay. They are all working but it will be interesting to see how creative LaFleur and Reid get against two good defenses.
What good defense is Reid going up against?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? We aren't great but do have a very good front seven. If Jaire plays then we have a good set of CBs as well.
It is just that we are facing probably the best offense we will see this season. Even good defenses get humbled by KC.

badmamba12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see us putting up that many points, but I can see us holding them to less.

Pack 24 Chefs 21
I like the way they send reed upfield and other receivers in same location by love has hard time throwing to left unless he is totally facing them and he gives it away

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the way they send reed upfield and other receivers in same location by love has hard time throwing to left unless he is totally facing them and he gives it away

This is an observation in all the film I've watched this year of the games I've not picked up on. Can you provide half dozen games, and time stamps on the All22 or game time stamps to look to support this?

badmamba12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is an observation in all the film I've watched this year of the games I've not picked up on. Can you provide half dozen games, and time stamps on the All22 or game time stamps to look to support this?
What about bringing in this other QB I just read about

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about bringing in this other QB I just read about

This has nothing to do with the question? Let's take the discussion one at a time or at minimum respond in a quote to the question and then if you want express a separate thought completely after.

FTR, that QB was brought it likely to test swapping him with McGough

badmamba12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the question? Let's take the discussion one at a time or at minimum respond in a quote to the question and then if you want express a separate thought completely after.

FTR, that QB was brought it likely to test swapping him with McGough
Ok

Members online

Latest posts