Official game 11 Thanksgiving Day in Detroit pregame thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strength and conditioning can help with some things but it doesn’t impact Jones issue presently…nor does it impact a lacerated kidney…

Now the soft tissue stuff like hamstrings and such - that stuff I believe could be for sure helped with a better process/practices.

Reaction score
One good thing about Intra Division games is how often records get thrown out the window.
The Packers are starting to get synchronized on Offense, that’s a dangerous thing to a Detroit opponent who has low expectations.
I’m not saying we will Win. Detroit has home field and are favored for good reason. I think this is going to be a much closer contest than some people predict. GB had nothing to lose and Detroit better come with their A+ game if they think it’s going to start 3-27 this go around. The Packers need to be more efficient controlling the clock as we were totally manhandled last time. GB barely saw the ball as noted by our 12 rushes all game. I think that’s a decade low rushing touch #

38 Minutes for Detroit
22 Minutes for GB

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes I don't know if the Packers are snake bit or if Mckenzie is just so overly cautious anything less then 95% they slap them on the list and hold them out. I don't pay attention to other teams injuries and progress that much, but the Packers seem to be in a constant cycle of hmm maybe a week or maybe 10 weeks... Not sure if that is unique to them or not.

Not knowing if Musgrave was out of the hospital or not seems odd too. As the head coach, seems you might know about those things?
At least it was not the appendix. Ironic, but 2010 was a year in which the injuries were not only astronomical but season ending. It got to be that MM used an OL on the DL to try and stop a few 3rd and inches.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Laceration of kidney
That is terrible. The precautions in his profession can be frightening. Not sure but I believe he should not play the rest of the season. This does not heal overnight. And even if it does not hurt all the time the risk of making it worse is there.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is terrible. The precautions in his profession can be frightening. Not sure but I believe he should not play the rest of the season. This does not heal overnight. And even if it does not hurt all the time the risk of making it worse are there.

Yeah and truthfully with all the mounting injuries they may be too much for this team to continue the growth projection they've been on for a few weeks now. Fingers crossed Ben Sims is ready for expanded play because I suspect Musgrave is done for the year personally, and I suspect Jones only sees three or four max.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The injuries have just gotten ridiculous on this team. I agree that any assessments of progress are going to be more difficult now with so many guys in and out.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just too many injuries to deal with this week on a short week. Next man up only goes so far. The deeper you get into your lineup the more the product is going to suffer. Lions, 34-17

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suffered a lacerated kidney in practice just before our first game of the season.
I was done for the season of my senior year.
I can understand that. It's more serious than people imagine. It takes a substantial amount of time to heal, and if not treated properly, you could lose a kidney, or even die because of it. I don't think people understand much about it, but if they did, they wouldn't look at it as being nothing but a bruise. You might enlighten them on it from a first hand basis.

I remember, years ago, when Adam Luck of the Colts had it happen. He was out for a substantial amount of time, and nearly six months later, was still having problems from it.

I think Musgrave is done for the year, and should be. The rest of the season isn't worth the danger for him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Musgrave is done for the year, and should be. The rest of the season isn't worth the danger for him.

Agreed, he has proven to be what we hoped and was starting to progress in what he struggled with. Set him, get him healed and into off season conditioning...kid will be chomping at the bit ready for next season.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame the inept strength and conditioning program! They should all be fired, but only after they work with the rest of the team to strengthen and condition their kidneys so that we don't get any more of these laceration injuries!!!
Actually, conditioning programs can cause kidney laceration, because of the stress. To avoid it, staying hydrated helps. No specific exercise program is really part of the issue, from what I've seen. As far as game and practice conditions, where impact can cause it, the recommendation is that players wear protective gear to prevent it. Of course, that's not going to happen because players keep shucking as much as they can, to make it easier for them to move around, and make plays.

I'm not saying I'm overly enthused about the situation we have with players and the injuries, but a lot of it is caused because players have a tendency to take things to the extreme. Too much muscle building, and sculpting, can cause muscles to become less elastic, and therefore tend to tear easier. Anyhow, that's based on my experience.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, conditioning programs can cause kidney laceration, because of the stress. To avoid it, staying hydrated helps. No specific exercise program is really part of the issue, from what I've seen. As far as game and practice conditions, where impact can cause it, the recommendation is that players wear protective gear to prevent it. Of course, that's not going to happen because players keep shucking as much as they can, to make it easier for them to move around, and make plays.

I'm not saying I'm overly enthused about the situation we have with players and the injuries, but a lot of it is caused because players have a tendency to take things to the extreme. Too much muscle building, and sculpting, can cause muscles to become less elastic, and therefore tend to tear easier. Anyhow, that's based on my experience.

I believe @El Guapo was making fun of those that constantly believe our strength and conditioning crew is middle school drop outs...

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that. But, I figured I'd offer my knowledge of the type of injury. I never had a lacerated kidney, but I had one badly bruised by a baseball bat, when I was trying to arrest a guy who was high on drugs. I was urinating blood for quite some time.

By the way. I did make the arrest, before they ended up transporting him to the hoosegow, and me to the hospital. I ended up on paid holiday for about 4 weeks. I never did so many urine tests in my life. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life using a freaking bottle!

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame the inept strength and conditioning program! They should all be fired, but only after they work with the rest of the team to strengthen and condition their kidneys so that we don't get any more of these laceration injuries!!!
The Packers have loads of non- contact injuries and way too many hamstring pulls. One lacerated kidney doesn't change the fact their weekly injury report is often twice as long as the opposition. At least 3 to 4 times per season, they can't field a competitive team because too many starters are out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have loads of non- contact injuries and way too many hamstring pulls. One lacerated kidney doesn't change the fact their weekly injury report is often twice as long as the opposition. At least 3 to 4 times per season, they can't field a competitive team because too many starters are out.

Zero clue if tongue in cheek but...we are listed first opponent second:

Week 1 - 6 vs 6
Week 2 - 9 vs 5
Week 3 - 9 vs 7
Week 4 - 10 vs 9
Week 5 - 12 vs 8
Week 7 - 10 vs 6
Week 8 - 11 vs 5
Week 9 - 7 vs 12
Week 10 - 10 vs 5
Week 11 - 10 vs 10
Week 12 - 17 vs 4

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand that. It's more serious than people imagine. It takes a substantial amount of time to heal, and if not treated properly, you could lose a kidney, or even die because of it. I don't think people understand much about it, but if they did, they wouldn't look at it as being nothing but a bruise. You might enlighten them on it from a first hand basis.

I remember, years ago, when Adam Luck of the Colts had it happen. He was out for a substantial amount of time, and nearly six months later, was still having problems from it.

Wish him a full recovery. He is so young. Pray that he will heal.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero clue if tongue in cheek but...we are listed first opponent second:

Week 1 - 6 vs 6
Week 2 - 9 vs 5
Week 3 - 9 vs 7
Week 4 - 10 vs 9
Week 5 - 12 vs 8
Week 7 - 10 vs 6
Week 8 - 11 vs 5
Week 9 - 7 vs 12
Week 10 - 10 vs 5
Week 11 - 10 vs 10
Week 12 - 17 vs 4
Thanks for those stats. That's 111 vs. 77. One could dive into the stats and look at starters but it shows what we all know too well: The Packers have substantially more injuries than their opponents.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One good thing about Intra Division games is how often records get thrown out the window.
The Packers are starting to get synchronized on Offense, that’s a dangerous thing to a Detroit opponent who has low expectations.
I’m not saying we will Win. Detroit has home field and are favored for good reason. I think this is going to be a much closer contest than some people predict. GB had nothing to lose and Detroit better come with their A+ game if they think it’s going to start 3-27 this go around. The Packers need to be more efficient controlling the clock as we were totally manhandled last time. GB barely saw the ball as noted by our 12 rushes all game. I think that’s a decade low rushing touch #

38 Minutes for Detroit
22 Minutes for GB
We simply were and are up against a very strong opponent. They stop us and we cannot stop them.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not certain but didn't I see Musgrave take a really big hit to the midsection? And he went off the field for a play.
It can be a hit to the abdomen, the side, or the back. My near laceration was a baseball bat swung at me, that I turned, and it caught me on my left side, rear of my back. While they were working on me in the hospital, they told me how lucky I was. A few more inches to the rear and I could have had my spine broken.

Needless to say, I was trying to keep from freaking out. I looked at the doctor and said; "It's a good thing he choked up on the bat!"

Everyone in the room broke up laughing. The funny part is, I was dead serious! It could have been worse, if his hand wasn't part way up the barrel.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musgrave did it in the fourth quarter, proceeded to play 18 more snaps I believe it was - made some crucial blocks and I believe one reception even.

Members online

Latest posts