Official 2023 season opener pregame thread: @Chicago Bears

Reaction score
That's exactly what should happen every week imo.
True. I see his point though at least until the Offense gets a few games under its belt. We need a D performance like the 49ers today. They are embarrassing the Steelers with just 130 yards allowed across near 3 Qtrs
Just keep us in this one Defense.

I’d also like to see Quay spy on Fields as he’s big n fast and rarely gets beat to the Edge and he’s not someone you want running full tilt at you (unless you want to shorten your career)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vikings lose Bucs to start 0-1. Takes a smidge of pressure off. If we can pull out a Road Win we’d be tied with Detroit in 1st

In other news….
Bryce Young. Welcome to the NFL

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I knew. It gets pretty apparent very early into some games that certain teams just don’t show up. If I knew that answer before game day I’d be a Billionaire and I’d even cut you in on a smooth couple Mil so you wouldn’t have to chance it. If I had stupid money I’d spread like half of it amongst people I know then I’d go incognito
:ninja:
OK. I am sure everyone here will let you share the wealth.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monday over reactions. Positive and Negative.
1. JLove- Looked avg. or slightly below in the 1st half. Not unexpected, playing on the road against your biggest rival in your 1st game as THE STARTER. IMO well above avg. in the 2nd half. That opening drive was sweet and it continued on from there. We do have to remember this was against the Bears but all in all I was pleasantly surprised.
2. Defense- Big 4th down stop early IMO led to them playing loose and fast. There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Again this was against the Bears. I caution against getting too excited until we see how the safeties hold up when playing the better QBs in the league.
3. Injuries. Every team gets them. I hope none of ours were serious yesterday.

Reaction score
Monday over reactions. Positive and Negative.
1. JLove- Looked avg. or slightly below in the 1st half. Not unexpected, playing on the road against your biggest rival in your 1st game as THE STARTER. IMO well above avg. in the 2nd half. That opening drive was sweet and it continued on from there. We do have to remember this was against the Bears but all in all I was pleasantly surprised.
2. Defense- Big 4th down stop early IMO led to them playing loose and fast. There is a lot of talent on that side of the ball. Again this was against the Bears. I caution against getting too excited until we see how the safeties hold up when playing the better QBs in the league.
3. Injuries. Every team gets them. I hope none of ours were serious yesterday.
Yep. I think we Won in the trenches and that made it easier for Love and harder for Fields. We’ll get a better feel against opponents with better OLineups. Detroit is one that has a good OL let’s see what our D does there.

Much of the credit goes to the GB trenches they just made everyone else look better imo

Reaction score
I’ll also point out that you could tell by our sideline how much they respect Jordan.
He had a half dozen players run to pick him up out of bounds on that run where Jordan fought for a few extra yards on our sideline. While I agree with others that I don’t normally want him doing that? He just laid his body out there in a way that spoke to those guys. He’s one of them and he’s showing it in his actions.

It was very apparent how These guys rally around him. They are a bunch of young, inexperienced but 100% dialed in players. Win again this week that’s all that matters. I predict That loyalty will carry through the most when the games get the biggest. Don’t anyone tell them they can’t because it seems to be motivating. We are the Colorado Buffs of the NFL and these young guys are as excited or more than we are.

That long smirk that Musgrave gave was telling. If a picture is worth a 1000 that smile told me he just broke the confidence ice so to speak. He’s so fast and made guys look slow. Luke just belongs in the NFL and if he can clean up his routes some and keep on the weights (similar to that work Tonyan put in) he’ll be very special for many years to come.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. I think we Won in the trenches and that made it easier for Love and harder for Fields. We’ll get a better feel against opponents with better OLineups. Detroit is one that has a good OL let’s see what our D does there.

Much of the credit goes to the GB trenches they just made everyone else look better imo
Glad we do not face Dallas. They were a wrecking machine D last night.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Barry used 38% of the time stunts along the front - massive shift from last year. Not too mention he used his DBs more aggressively like end of last year when we looked better.

Barry may have dang well changed.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure are some salty bares players after that loss! Jaquan Brisker..their scrub safety saying Jordan Love is nothing special, adding they will get theirs next time! Have fun losing scrub! If Love is nothing special..he is still 100% better than fields!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure are some salty bares players after that loss! Jaquan Brisker..their scrub safety saying Jordan Love is nothing special, adding they will get theirs next time! Have fun losing scrub! If Love is nothing special..he is still 100% better than fields!

Has to suck losing to nothing special...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Barry used 38% of the time stunts along the front - massive shift from last year. Not too mention he used his DBs more aggressively like end of last year when we looked better.

Barry may have dang well changed.
Possibly. Game planning for the Bears centers strictly on Fields. They no longer have Montgomery. We could handle Money and Moore with our secondary. Now with other opponents it will be different. We will face better O lines, better RBs, and better play action. And better OCs. But winning the trenches can make the difference.

Members online

Latest posts