Official 2023 week 2 pregame thread at undefeated Dirty Birds of Atlanta

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Howie just said we have the youngest team in the league. If not, close. This is what you expect. The mental errors. And when you are missing playmakers such as Jones and Bahk this team does not have Nelson, Jennings, and Finley to compensate. It is amazing we lost by 1. A better opponent beats us by 17. Dillon is not Jones and it was clearly the difference. The botch up on the 4th down snap cannot happen but it did.

It's not just the boys. The play calling was meh when it really mattered. Dillon was ineffective yet we just persisted. I expected MLF to adapt more on the fly, which was the most disappointing of the lot.

Esp on a week where rest of NFC-N all lost!

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just the boys. The play calling was meh when it really mattered. Dillon was ineffective yet we just persisted. I expected MLF to adapt more on the fly, which was the most disappointing of the lot.

I noticed this too... I think Dillon's job is on the line honestly

AJ is good, but a smaller guy and does get hurt (it's just a reality at this point), so the FO shopped around for JT... and it was pretty open and well known around the NFL that the Packers were looking for JT

So maybe they're persistent with Dillon to see if he can change their mind and get better outcomes?

I don't see Dillon getting extended at this point and the FO may be thinking to just trade for JT and extend him

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this team and coaching staff was good enough to have a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter, even with all the players out, then they should be good enough to finish the job.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not active today, due to injury. Arguably our two top offensive linemen, Bakh and Jenkins. Arguably our two best offensive weapons, Jones and Watson. That's four key people on offense. Yet, they managed to score on four occasions. One more, of any kind, and we win. Two "can't miss" INTs were dropped. One by Walker, the other by .... can't remember who.... that would have been a walk-in for 6, since it was wide open down field.

On defense, playing off the receivers gave them the shorter passes, and without a pass rush, they ate us up with them. They also ate us up with runs outside, because nobody was home out there to mind the store. The best way to describe our defense is to ask ourselves why all those draft picks over the last few years have not turned this into a defense that keeps the opposition off the board? I keep hearing it's a bend but don't break defense, but when you give up the game winning drive at the end of the game like they did today, against Atlanta, and were manhandled the entire 4th quarter, I have to ask myself what is actually going on out there? It's failing.

But, that's all just my opinion. I picked them to win 7 games this year. They've already got one, so they're well ahead of schedule.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not active today, due to injury. Arguably our two top offensive linemen, Bakh and Jenkins. Arguably our two best offensive weapons, Jones and Watson. That's four key people on offense. Yet, they managed to score on four occasions. One more, of any kind, and we win. Two "can't miss" INTs were dropped. One by Walker, the other by .... can't remember who.... that would have been a walk-in for 6, since it was wide open down field.

On defense, playing off the receivers gave them the shorter passes, and without a pass rush, they ate us up with them. They also ate us up with runs outside, because nobody was home out there to mind the store. The best way to describe our defense is to ask ourselves why all those draft picks over the last few years have not turned this into a defense that keeps the opposition off the board? I keep hearing it's a bend but don't break defense, but when you give up the game winning drive at the end of the game like they did today, against Atlanta, and were manhandled the entire 4th quarter, I have to ask myself what is actually going on out there? It's failing.

But, that's all just my opinion. I picked them to win 7 games this year. They've already got one, so they're well ahead of schedule.
I predicted 7-10 also. So far the bend and break defense is making that look a little optimistic.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Esp on a week where rest of NFC-N all lost!
I think MLF should have been alert enough to have called a TO when the FG team was late on the 1st drive. And when Dillon failed to get the easy first down in the 4th he let Love pick and choose whether to sneak it or take the TO. You let Rodgers do that because like Brady and Manning he has been there a thousand times. With a loud dome and a first year QB have a play called and let him execute it. Or call the TO before. Better to lose trying than to play guessing games.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I will say this

Its the 2nd game..on road.. In a dome.

Missing top 3 Offense stars then what might be a good wr were missing. 4 out of 11 very good off players gone. And still got 24 points?

If people really think this is what the team will be all year then I have no help to give u

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this

Its the 2nd game..on road.. In a dome.

Missing top 3 Offense stars then what might be a good wr were missing. 4 out of 11 very good off players gone. And still got 24 points?

If people really think this is what the team will be all year then I have no help to give u
When we play teams that are obviously better than the Falcons the score will look more out of reach. Coaches have to keep coaching. But although we only lost by one point that small difference was our HC vs. their HC. And theirs was a tad better.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When we play teams that are obviously better than the Falcons the score will look more out of reach. Coaches have to keep coaching. But although we only lost by one point that small difference was our HC vs. their HC. And theirs was a tad better.
So falcons suck?

2 and 0

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah when they seen him in college and so far in the pros and know what they're looking at yeah

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah when they seen him in college and so far in the pros and know what they're looking at yeah
K

He finished his career with a 44-6record. He was a perfect 26-0 at home. He set school records with 87 touchdown passes, 12,281 total yards and 113 total touchdowns.

Yeah he sucked

And a projected top 20 pick

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take any bet that says this guy ends up in the top half of quarterbacks in the NFL. He might end up as good as Gardner Minshew

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take any bet that says this guy ends up in the top half of quarterbacks in the NFL. He might end up as good as Gardner Minshew
Look

I didn't say he would be great

You and Cornelius claimed he was horrible. Corn said packers made him look like Elway.. I said maybe he can be that good

My only thing is that it's 5 games. He went 4 and half with out an int and was very efficient last week.

Thats all. Corn then tried to egg me on saying I think he is a gold jacket.

He maybe Ryan leaf.. Maybe Worse. Maybe as good as Brock

For me. Not you, not corn. But for me. 5 games can't answer it

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look

I didn't say he would be great

You and Cornelius claimed he was horrible. Corn said packers made him look like Elway.. I said maybe he can be that good

My only thing is that it's 5 games. He went 4 and half with out an int and was very efficient last week.

Thats all. Corn then tried to egg me on saying I think he is a gold jacket.

He maybe Ryan leaf.. Maybe Worse. Maybe as good as Brock

For me. Not you, not corn. But for me. 5 games can't answer it
Great response. That's more than good enough for me.