Official game 11 Thanksgiving Day in Detroit pregame thread

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd down conversion rate in 45%+ range would be nice.

I'm surprised they are at around 43% for the season (8th in NFL).
Surprised is not the word, that seems almost impossible to believe.

One thing that speaks well for the offense, I've stopped watching Love to see how he's doing, and instead I'm starting to expect him to make plays. Just has to improve that consistency.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to believe the Packers will beat the Lions. But, the words of Lombardi echoes through my mind about how 4 days aren't enough time to prepare for a game. With our injury situation, it intensifies the problem. It would take divine intervention to win, in my opinion.

Although I like the optimism some are showing, with a Packer win, I'd like them to send me some of what they're smoking, in a brick, so I can mash it up a bit and make some brownies? ;)

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d be pretty shocked if we won (or if it was particularly close, to be honest) but to be fair I didn’t like our chances vs Chargers either. And the Bears really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory vs them yesterday… I’d like to think if the bears can keep it close and/or be in a position to win then we should be able to, too.
I don't expect to win. But any given Sunday, right? I am hoping we show up and are competitive.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to believe the Packers will beat the Lions. But, the words of Lombardi echoes through my mind about how 4 days aren't enough time to prepare for a game. With our injury situation, it intensifies the problem. It would take divine intervention to win, in my opinion.

Although I like the optimism some are showing, with a Packer win, I'd like them to send me some of what they're smoking, in a brick, so I can mash it up a bit and make some brownies? ;)
In many other years the games were
significant for the Packers. Not so much now. They have nothing to lose.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're looking for real solid consistent improvement, how they play this game even if they lose will be a big indicator for us.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, short weeks never benefit a very young team which is extremely banged up. Veteran teams may struggle with the turn around but know their roles and use their experience to adapt. The Chargers beat themselves. Losing Bosa at the get go certainly helped us. The drops and the needless interference penalty were gifts. But we'll take it. The Lions took the Bears lightly and finally woke up in the 4th quarter. I doubt they will look at us that way.
The bears played with a lot of intensity also. But the dam broke.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look for Hutchinson to end up switching to his right side. That is what most of the pass rushers have been doing. Or running down the line to come in at a different angle.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I've always hated when the Packers play on Thanksgiving. It's a short week and they always have to go on the road. The Packers are 14-20-2 overall on Thanksgiving with an 8-12-1 record against the Lions. It seems the Lions like to show up on Thanksgiving. In the past, they knew it was their only nationally televised game. It's a little different with the Lions actually being good this season. The Lions run the ball really well. They rank sixth in the league in rushing. Goff is really efficient in the play action as well. Coincidentally, they rank sixth in passing yards as well. The Packers are in the bottom to bottom third in the league in both. The Packers defense is actually okay against the pass. That might be a bit misleading due to them being pretty bad against the run. They've given up the seventh most rushing yards in the league this season. The Packers do not do a good job taking the ball away either. They have a total of 4 forced fumbles all season. The only team worse is the Panthers. Same with interceptions. They are second last in the league with five. They have twenty-three sacks on the season, which is in the bottom third. Surprisingly, they are tied with the Lions in sacks. I thought the Lions would have more. The Lions have scored 33 TDs on the season only behind the Dolphins, Ravens, and Bills. They can put up points. I also feel like they have taken a good identity from head coach down and are tough nosed.

With all that said, I expect a heavy dose of Gibbs and Montgomery. I fear they are just going to go old school on the Packers and just cram the ball down their throats. With the inability to create turnovers on defense it could be a long afternoon. I do think the Packers have played better, but they just are not as good a team. They are also pretty banged up on a short week. I'm going Lions 31 and Packers 13. I hope I'm wrong, but I think it gets ugly early and often for the Pack.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will go on record we have to have two takeaways minimum I think to win this game. I don't expect a W and even with two takeaways it could still be a VERY hard day....we haven't played well in Detroit with far worse Lions teams.

Screw it....

Here's to a team that is too young to care or let any of that matter.....let's shock the world - why not!

Pack 27 - Lions 25 in a nail biter GO PACK GO (letting my homerism shine through LOL)

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bears played with a lot of intensity also. But the dam broke.
The Lions are an old rivalry for them, too. They are having just as much a frustrating season as us if not more. Their fan base is tired of rebuilding. They expected results this season but it is as if they have taken a step backward instead of forward.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Musgrave has been hospitalized with "significant abdominal injury" that he played through on Sunday. Local radio report. I'll look for X verification.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musgrave has been hospitalized with "significant abdominal injury" that he played through on Sunday. Local radio report. I'll look for X verification.
And now Reed with a chest injury. We could just forfeit this one. How many teams report 16 players on the injury list?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And now Reed with a chest injury. We could just forfeit this one. How many teams report 16 players on the injury list?

Sometimes I don't know if the Packers are snake bit or if Mckenzie is just so overly cautious anything less then 95% they slap them on the list and hold them out. I don't pay attention to other teams injuries and progress that much, but the Packers seem to be in a constant cycle of hmm maybe a week or maybe 10 weeks... Not sure if that is unique to them or not.

Not knowing if Musgrave was out of the hospital or not seems odd too. As the head coach, seems you might know about those things?

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look for the Packers to rest their banged up starters and take a L. Anybody with hangnail or worse will probably sit it out. I doubt the Packers are going to risk further injuries to young players on their first contract. I bet we see the back up qb this week have significant action in the second half.

While fans want to see the Packers win, I doubt the FO cares much about the outcome with the inability to field a competitive roster due to once again, an inept strength and conditioning program.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the spirit!
Well look: The Packers are treating a lot of these games like they're preseason. Their rotating offensive linemen in different drives which is odd if you think think they are real serious. Same can be said for putting undersized Colby Wooden in there on running downs. The young draft picks are not going to play hurt. That's not the Packer's culture.

Members online

Latest posts