2016 Playoffs round 2 -- in big D

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
So the Pack only won because of bad calls...hahahahaha Here is a good laugh!
*I can remember numerous PIs that weren't called on Dallas btw.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Are the Cowboys three year olds, just learning to tie their shoes, that you're patting them on the back?!?"
-Shannon Sharpe
Classic.

I'm sure that there was more but couldn't stand to listen to more than 45 seconds of Skip

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So the Pack only won because of bad calls...hahahahaha Here is a good laugh!
*I can remember numerous PIs that weren't called on Dallas btw.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I`ve never seen this guy before. Is he SUPPOSED to be impartial ????

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am not sure why I even watched Skip Bayless and his homer dribble, I will never get those wasted minutes back.

The Low lights, so you too don't have to lose those valuable minutes from your life:

Skip claims "Packer fans or God blew Mason's FG back in".

"So beneath a great QB to "trick" another team into a penalty".

"Refs called the Cowboys for the 12 man in the huddle penalty because it was the same ref that was chatting with AR and it was just a mistake that a rookie was in the huddle when he shouldn't have been"

LOL.....Skip complains about Pass Interference calls that weren't called on the Packers defense. LOL

"PI shouldn't have been called because of a Rookie mistake and the Dallas's interception should have stood"

Shannon is my "new hero" :D

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can imagine that there a lot of Cowboy fans sitting around pleasuring themselves in indescribable terms while listening to Skip rant.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't bring that blowhard to our board and ruin it for me :) seriously, I turn the channel whenever fox tries to advertise that ******* and his garbage during a game. That blowhard gets treated like a kardashian or a politician in my house and get zero airtime as they offer nothing of substance. Thankfully this forum doesn't have auto play for posted videos :)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still feel like, despite the result, the 56 yard fg attempt was the wrong call. Obviously I'm overjoyed at the result, but the way the D was playing if he misses we're in a world of hurt. Pin them deep with a punt and make them go the entire length of the field or go to overtime.

This to me was like the 4th and 1 in the Giants game, this one just happened to go our way.
While you are correct about the risk, I completely disagree with your opinion on it being the wrong call. I am one of the few that didn't disagree with the 4th and one call against the Giants too.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't bring that blowhard to our board and ruin it for me :) seriously, I turn the channel whenever fox tries to advertise that ******* and his garbage during a game. That blowhard gets treated like a kardashian or a politician in my house and get zero airtime as they offer nothing of substance. Thankfully this forum doesn't have auto play for posted videos :)
I agree completely about Bayless. I have watched the show a couple of times just because it was fun watching Shannon Sharpe blow his pathetic arguments apart.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My Jaguars fan son just told me about this; http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/16/1...rds-franchise-jaguars-conference-championship

Jaguars have more postseason wins in the past 20 years than the Cowboys.
Thanx for the link. This blew me away
Altogether, 25 NFL franchises have at least three postseasons wins in the last 20 seasons. Washington is tied with Dallas with two wins, and the Chiefs have just one. Only the Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills,Detroit Lions, and Cincinnati Bengals have been unable to get a single postseason win in the last 20 seasons

THill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So which is it? Your first or second opinion?

My point, which was stated previously but you obviously forgot it, was that all NFL receivers are good. They make the catches they should, especially if the ball is put on the mark like Rodgers does. If you're in the NFL then you're a good receiver. That is what Rodgers has. Special receivers are Julio Jones, Larry Fitzgerald types. You know what I mean.

Hopefully that clears it up for you.

THill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, with another excuse as to why your team lost?

"ridiculous huddle penalty" : You aren't the first or the last person to ever blame a loss on a "ridiculous" penalty. I'm curious, are you complaining about the penalty as being a ridiculous one or that Dallas didn't have 12 men in the huddle and it shouldn't have been called? What seems even more ridiculous to me though, is not being able to get 11 grown men into a huddle, since it is a rule. Basic counting skills.

Now if you complained equally about guys getting their jerseys pulled off their shoulder pads by DB's, I would be more inclined to listen. :coffee:

I have a lot more respect when a fan just says "Great game, the Packers were the better team today, good luck to you."

And I didn't blame the loss on that play. I have clearly blamed the loss on your all world QB. I was addressing your statement that your D made the stops and gave you an example of how they didn't do anything to stop us on that drive. A 37 yard ridiculous penalty did. We were already in FG range and carve up the D.

And the problem was not 12 men in the huddle but 1 man in the huddle and then leaving. 12 men in the huddle is a 5-yard penalty. This was a 15-yard penalty, just for that. So basically a player going into the huddle and then walking away is the same yards as spearing a guy in the head on a tackle. That is ridiculous!!

And of course you have more respect for a fan telling you what you want to hear. I'm not here to do that. I'm here to give you my opinion. It is too bad you can't take it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And of course you have more respect for a fan telling you what you want to hear. I'm not here to do that. I'm here to give you my opinion. It is too bad you can't take it.

As my tag line says, opinions are like A holes, we all have one. But in this situation your opinion sounds more like a fan flatulating over poor officiating influencing his teams loss. You are under the opinion that a 15 yard penalty for a man going into the huddle and leaving is ridiculous. Did you ever look up the rule and read why its a rule? How do you feel about a coach running onto the field? A player taking off his helmet while on the field after a play? Excessive celebration? All of those penalties are as you said "same yards as spearing a guy in the head on a tackle" Ridiculous right? Are you the guy who gets pulled over for speeding and than argues with the officer that the speed limit is ridiculous?

So yes, I am open to opinions, but when you jump onto another teams fan forum and start belly aching about how a penalty, which was correctly called, was ridiculous and cost your team points, you are not going to get a sympathetic ear from me. Try getting ahold of Skip Bayless, he seems to share many of your opinions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I posted 2 portions of articles already. I puled one from DMN and the other from Yahoo.

Both of those articles stated that Rodgers is the most important player on the Packers, something that is hardly surprising to anyone following the Packers. There was no mention of Green Bay being a one man team though.

Last edited by a moderator:

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They showed a rerun of the game on NFL Network last night.

That really was a game for the ages, real playoff classic.

Reminds me of the Pittsburgh/Dallas game in early November. It was a high scoring thriller and the last team to have the ball won.

Just a really devastating loss for the Cowboys. To comeback like that and then to lose like that in the end.

That's got to be one of the best wins in franchise history for Green Bay and one of the worst for Dallas.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comments from Dallas Morning News reporter follow. One man team!!

I don't know if anyone has ever played the quarterback position at a higher level than Aaron Rodgers played it for most of Sunday afternoon. He was nothing like the player the Cowboys saw in Week 6. He was basically flawless. Without Rodgers, I don't know if the Packers would win more than five or six games. With him, they have a chance to win the Super Bowl.
The same thing could be said about many teams, which isn't surprising as the QB is the most important position on the team...