2023 Playoffs discussion

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

5 games left. 2 against current playoff contenders. 2 losses behind the division leader. Holding on to the 7th seed ATM. Now I hope I didn't jinx it by starting this thread but would still be #7 with a loss to the G-men. I would like to catch the Vikings at least to get to the #6 spot for a more favorable 1st round matchup. Right now at #7 we would go to Dallas after their trouncing of the Eagles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This season has been a rollercoaster season for many reasons. Especially as a Packer fan.

Some general observations.

The Packers have a good setup in many playoff scenarios. The best scenarios would be GB getting into #3 Seed. Currently most scenarios have us hosting Detroit or Seattle Yes you heard it right. Because of a lousy South Division the North Division Winner is on pace for a #3 seed.
Currently Detroit is the front runner. However Detroit is showing signs of weakness. They lost to us and now got trounced by the Bears over the last 3 weeks. They are NOT the Detroit team we thought they were. They will finish against:
1. a hot 7-6 Denver team at home
2. @ struggling 6-6 Vikings
3. @ a hot 10-3 Cowboys team
4. The struggling Vikings at home
Prediction: 2-2 finish and record of 11-6 (#3 seed)

The Packers playoffs start Monday night. Why it’s not critical we Win, a Win against an NFC opponent would increase our postseason hopes substantially. There would be 4 games left with our schedule hosting Tampa Bay and Chicago, who are playing adequate to better ball as the season unfolds. Our other 2 contests will be on the road to 2 struggling teams (Panthers and Vikings)

IF the Packers can rise to 7-6?
Prediction:
10-7 (#6 seed)

I can see many scenarios where we would go back to Detroit for a chance to advance to the Divisional.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This season has been a rollercoaster season for many reasons. Especially as a Packer fan.

Some general observations.

The Packers have a good setup in many playoff scenarios. The best scenarios would be GB getting into #3 Seed. Currently most scenarios have us hosting Detroit or Seattle Yes you heard it right. Because of a lousy South Division the North Division Winner is on pace for a #3 seed.
Currently Detroit is the front runner. However Detroit is showing signs of weakness. They lost to us and now got trounced by the Bears over the last 3 weeks. They are NOT the Detroit team we thought they were. They will finish against:
1. a hot 7-6 Denver team at home
2. @ struggling 6-6 Vikings
3. @ a hot 10-3 Cowboys team
4. The struggling Vikings at home
Prediction: 2-2 finish and record of 11-6 (#3 seed)

The Packers playoffs start Monday night. Why it’s not critical we Win, a Win against an NFC opponent would increase our postseason hopes substantially. There would be 4 games left with our schedule going on the road to 2 struggling teams (Vikings and Panthers) We host Tampa Bay and Chicago who are playing adequate to better ball as the season unfolds.

IF the Packers can rise to 7-6?
Prediction:
10-7 (#6 seed)

I can see many scenarios where we would go back to Detroit for a chance to advance to the Divisional.

A playoff matchup against either the Lions or the Cowboys seems very winable to me

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care where we wash out, playoffs this year is a bonus to a growth season which is amazing and I'll embrace either way!

Truthfully I would bet against us running the table - that'd be 7 straight for a VERY young team still feeling their way through the NFL and such. Possible for sure, but I would bet at most we win 4 and at the least I suspect we win 2. All one at a time and it starts tonight with the GMen

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One at a time. With luck, hold onto one of those wildcard spots. If it doesn't happen, the season is not a wash. They've done better than most of us believed they would. I said 7 wins, and with a win tonight, that's what they'll have. Everything above that is pure gravy to me.

With a sold draft, and a little help through free agency, and this could turn into a contender next year. According to some rankings, the Packers are already rated 5th best team in the league. I tend to agree, and disagree with that ranking. It's too early to tell if they've earned it or not. They need a blow out win over someone to give them a boost. Tonight could be the night. But, it could also be a trap. We've seen it happen way too often to the Packers and other teams. Ask the Lions. The Bears beat them 28-13 yesterday, and made them look like the Lions of old.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to get too wrapped up in the playoff talk. It's exciting to think of, but the playoffs is just a bonus. I'm going to treat it like a proud dad who will be happy no matter how the playoffs go for his young Packers team.

Reaction score
as Packer fans we are really winners in nearly any situation. It’s highly likely we match or surpass last years win total of 8. Making the playoffs with a first year starting QB is huge. We should have several comp picks, plus we’ve got 5 selections in
Day1-2 where. We also have a little $$ to spend in FA for once. Gutey has proven formidable in finding outside talent. We could have 1-2 starters added + several Drafted players being upgrades.

If you took this team and told me I could upgrade 4-5 position groups by regular season 2024, plus toss in Stokes and Musgrave back in the mix? I’d say we’d be a 10+ Win team again in a weaker division.

Reaction score
Don't care where we wash out, playoffs this year is a bonus to a growth season which is amazing and I'll embrace either way!

Truthfully I would bet against us running the table - that'd be 7 straight for a VERY young team still feeling their way through the NFL and such. Possible for sure, but I would bet at most we win 4 and at the least I suspect we win 2. All one at a time and it starts tonight with the GMen
Yeah I agree. It’d actually be 8 straight though.

I still want us to Win a playoff game. Let’s get that monkey off our back early and build on it on 2024.
This season has been a pretty easy path to postseason and we won’t be gifted too many schedules like this. So let’s take advantage of it and scare a couple teams. As hot as Dallas is, they would not want to face us in playoffs, especially at Lambeau. We are to Dallas what the 49ers are to us. :laugh:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be very hilarious if we caught The Lions for the Division.

If we win all but one of our remaining solid chance we could flirt with that as a real option....they have a much tougher (not terrible but tougher) schedule remaining then us:

Broncos
@Vikings
@Cowboys
Vikings

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve said it before, but given pre-season expectations - and after the way things looked just a few weeks ago - I feel like we’re basically playing with house money at this point and anything we do postseason-wise is basically a bonus. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, either - those “house money” teams can sure be dangerous.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's probably why they cut ties with Rodgers this year. They knew coming in that they had a soft schedule. What better way to build a young qbs confidence than to play the bares on opening day..and a few cupcakes before playing a couple stronger teams.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going back to just watching this team relaxed. Not worried about the playoffs. Let's see how they do game by game it's likely to be a roller coaster

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't really have playoff expectations, but at this time in the season....if we don't make it, it will be a huge disappointment.

We are probably the best wildcard NFC team despite Vikings being a game up. Would be a shame if we threw it all away now.