2023 Playoffs discussion

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You blaming "the woke mob" for the reason that Washington finally did what just about every other grade school, high school, College, semi-pro, pro, business, bands, etc. did many years ago...they got out of the pre 60's mentality.

And they did it because a bunch of whiny thought police, PC elitists threw a fit. The overwhelming majority of native Americans, myself included, had no objection to the name. In fact, it was native Americans who originally suggested the name to begin with!

You calling it "woke mob" is right up there with all the idiots that consider(ed) the KKK good people.

Why the implied insult? Does it make you feel superior in some way? I don't believe I insulted you but I can sure think of a few good ones.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And they did it because a bunch of whiny thought police, PC elitists threw a fit. The overwhelming majority of native Americans, myself included, had no objection to the name. In fact, it was native Americans who originally suggested the name to begin with!
Nice try Ace.

Go look at some of the newer studies and not the single one claimed by the Washington Post.

Why the implied insult? Does it make you feel superior in some way? I don't believe I insulted you but I can sure think of a few good ones.
If you took it as an insult directly to yourself, that is on you, not me. As far as me wanting to get into a back and forth barb session, I'm not interested, nor would the Mods or other posters.

If you think you get a "free shot" and take offense when someone calls you on it, again, that is on you and your mindset.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The same goes for the Cleveland Indians. You probably know that history. Their name was not meant to demean but to honor.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm a member of that woke culture. I believe people should not be denigrated. I believe all people, regardless of who or what they are, are equal. You may as well add me to your ignore list BrokenArrow. You have a lot of growing up to do. I hope it happens before it's too late. Feel free to cuss at me like you did PokerBrat it shows character.

By the way. My Wife is part Native American, and is proud of that culture. She felt it was demeaning as well. She saw enough of it as a kid growing up to understand what it meant to be treated like a second class citizen and called "a redskin." But, you go on believing what you want.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter either way. What has he done without Brady other than run the Patriots into the ground?
Somebody this morning was talking about how they need to get rid of McCarthy because they need an innovative offensive coach. Well okay, maybe McCarthy isn't all that innovative, but Dallas did have the #1 offense this year. You don't get much better than that. He can't help it if Dak's a choker.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm a member of that woke culture. I believe people should not be denigrated. I believe all people, regardless of who or what they are, are equal.
Believing all people are equal is not what woke is. Maybe that's what it started out as, and maybe that's what it should be. But it isn't what it has become.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm a member of that woke culture. I believe people should not be denigrated. I believe all people, regardless of who or what they are, are equal. You may as well add me to your ignore list BrokenArrow. You have a lot of growing up to do. I hope it happens before it's too late. Feel free to cuss at me like you did PokerBrat it shows character.

By the way. My Wife is part Native American, and is proud of that culture. She felt it was demeaning as well. She saw enough of it as a kid growing up to understand what it meant to be treated like a second class citizen and called "a redskin." But, you go on believing what you want.
Your feelings are understandable. I know a number of Native Americans who actually feel the opposite. Some are indifferent to the whole scenario. A lot of times the original message was not intended to be denigrating but merely an observation. All the television and films I knew from the 50s and 60s would create quite a stir today. I thought they were entertaining fiction as well as comedy. I do not feel insulted by the Sopranos which stereotypes Italians nor the Godfather. I guess it should be what people choose. What I do not like is the power brokers who come out and tell everyone this is how it is and we say you must conform and accept it.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believing all people are equal is not what woke is. Maybe that's what it started out as, and maybe that's what it should be. But it isn't what it has become.
If you think it's something different, I'd suggest you spell it out so I know what you think it is.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every cowboy movie I have ever seen used Redskin in a derogatory fashion. But I do think it was originally intended to mean being tough. Braves seems different to me. If they don't like it; don't use it. I guess I feel like Indians on reservations should be able to vote about that. Not right or left wing fanatics deciding. Lions, cougars, ducks, Packers etc. don't get to vote.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Time for this thread to revert back to the thread title. You guys have had your say. I'll be deleting any other posts from here on that aren't discussing the playoffs.

Reaction score
The Eagles look flat and disjointed in Offense. Although Tampa does have a Top 8 Scoring Defense. Hurts looks like he lost his best friend, just kinda going through motions.
Baker isn’t Tom Brady by any stretch, but he’s having a good year by his standards and it’s partly because he has some good weapons. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin combined are3/8 38 yards.

However Mayfield is testing his WR/TE depth and they're living up to their expectation. Spreading the ball in Jordan fashion.

Looking more n more like Tampa @ Detroit. 1 quarter left n Hurts better put it in high gear.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Somebody this morning was talking about how they need to get rid of McCarthy because they need an innovative offensive coach. Well okay, maybe McCarthy isn't all that innovative, but Dallas did have the #1 offense this year. You don't get much better than that. He can't help it if Dak's a choker.
Good point. Sadly, I do think McCarthy is going to be the fall guy for all this. Much like he was in GB, when he was still winning games, but had an aging GM making some poor draft decisions. Don't get me wrong, I understood Big Mike had pretty much run his course in Green Bay, but putting all the blame on the HC for the absolute butt kicking the Cowboys got on Sunday, is short sighted IMO.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, at what point are we no longer playing with "house money?" I know we really have nothing to lose or prove, but I think expectations went up a notch after stomping the Cowboys. And if we can win Saturday night, those expectations are going to skyrocket. You suddenly find yourself a win away from the Super Bowl and you don't get many of those chances so when they come, you have to take charge and get it done. How do you think MLF and the team will respond? Because they will suddenly find themselves under some pressure for the first time in these playoffs against either the Lions or Bucs.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, at what point are we no longer playing with "house money?" I know we really have nothing to lose or prove, but I think expectations went up a notch after stomping the Cowboys. And if we can win Saturday night, those expectations are going to skyrocket. You suddenly find yourself a win away from the Super Bowl and you don't get many of those chances so when they come, you have to take charge and get it done. How do you think MLF and the team will respond? Because they will suddenly find themselves under some pressure for the first time in these playoffs against either the Lions or Bucs.
Let's hope that's a problem we have to deal with.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's usually a good day for me when I am woke about 2/3s of the day. So I have to make sure I get plenty of rest before the GB playoff game on Saturday.

OUpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. Sadly, I do think McCarthy is going to be the fall guy for all this. Much like he was in GB, when he was still winning games, but had an aging GM making some poor draft decisions. Don't get me wrong, I understood Big Mike had pretty much run his course in Green Bay, but putting all the blame on the HC for the absolute butt kicking the Cowboys got on Sunday, is short sighted IMO.
No doubt, just like the Eagles HC will have to be the fall guy for their lackluster performance Monday night and the crash in the last 7 games of the season.
Not sure it is fair or right, but head coaches get paid a lot of money and get all the credit when things are good and take the fall when things go bad.
Quinn should be out along with Dak. Both were confused and dazed by the Packer game plan
Go Pack Go

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No doubt, just like the Eagles HC will have to be the fall guy for their lackluster performance Monday night and the crash in the last 7 games of the season.
Not sure it is fair or right, but head coaches get paid a lot of money and get all the credit when things are good and take the fall when things go bad.
I kind of agree with Andrew Brandt, NFL owners make so much money now, that they are willing to spend more chasing a ring. Flushing $10M to purge the coaching room is nothing to an owner, it is all about hoisting that trophy and bosting that they are the best (that season).

Again, I love Super Bowl wins, but I actually just love the unique structure of the Packers. No owner, possibly fewer ego's and a team that most of the time, makes pretty good people decisions. The City of Green Bay and the State of Wisconsin are much better off with the Packers. Not sure if I can make that same statement about all of the 31 other teams and their cities.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I kind of agree with Andrew Brandt, NFL owners make so much money now, that they are willing to spend more chasing a ring. Flushing $10M to purge the coaching room is nothing to an owner, it is all about hoisting that trophy and bosting that they are the best (that season).

Again, I love Super Bowl wins, but I actually just love the unique structure of the Packers. No owner, possibly fewer ego's and a team that most of the time, makes pretty good people decisions. The City of Green Bay and the State of Wisconsin are much better off with the Packers. Not sure if I can make that same statement about all of the 31 other teams and their cities.
I resent that remark.

We've got more owners than all the professional sports franchises combined in this country.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I resent that remark.

We've got more owners than all the professional sports franchises combined in this country.
LOL....good point.

My god, just think if ALL those owners had real power! You think it gets messy in this forum once in awhile! Friends of mine received an ownership share for Christmas from one of their parents. Neither one of them can name more than 3 starters on the team.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say the same thing about this game as the previous one. If they continue to play like they have in the past couple of games and lose, I can live with it. It's the dropped passes or being out of alignment for the defense. Missed tackles that drive me crazy.

GOPACKGO

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yet, when one stands up for the rights of others, in this particular case, Native Americans, they are called "woke", as some sort of immature attempt at trying to demean and discredit them.

You are correct though, the term is misused and thrown around by some, who seem to be rather uncomfortable that their way of thinking has been questioned.

Members online

Latest posts