2016 Playoffs round 2 -- in big D

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
All I can say is WOW...
It was good to see MM having them pass First then try to run works...What do you know? ;)

Agreed. Great play call all game long. Only once did I not like his call (the run on 2nd last drive). He mixed it up. Short passes. Screens. Aaron used all his targets including the RB when he needed it. Didn't force the long pass. Great game plan.

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree 100%. Your receivers are in the NFL. None that I saw that was special today. The difference is that Rodgers puts the ball in perfect position for them to catch it. He is not missing right now. Ball is right there and any NFL receiver should be able to catch. And I'm being un-bias here.

Congrats! I think no D will be able to stop him. I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta scores 60 against your D. Packers have no D and no running game. They have a QB who is playing out of his mind. that is a one man team to me.

There's absolutely no doubt that Rodgers is the most important player on the Packers and the team is dependent on him performing on a high level to be successful. That doesn't mean the Packers are a one man team though as there are several other impact players on the roster.

I'm surprised you mention the Packers not having a running game after Montgomery scored two rushing TDs during yesterday's game.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
Im sure there were missed calls both ways, but you have to laugh when there were "no call" PI on the defender just about pulling Devante Adams jersey off twice. C'mon man!:eek:
I know! He literally ripped his pads out of his jersey...pretty ridiculous!

Johneric8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off congrats to the fans and the Packers. As I said I would be back to discuss. The funny thing about this particular game is that most of what you though would happen did and what I thought would happen did. Aaron Rodgers to me, ended up being the difference with how well he played, and the Cowboys Defense put themselves in a huge hole early. Obviously, this took the cowboys out of their normal gameplan, but they still did manage to run the ball easily as expected when needed for the most part.

There were some crazy calls as we all know, some not called, some that should of.. The only point I will make here is a few of you guys said Dak and Zeke hadn't played on the big stage and was likely to struggle, to me, this couldn't of been further from the truth. In my opinion and many others, our two rookies were the best players on the field for our Cowboys, and Dak played like a seasoned vet playing like he did bringing our team back with a very real chance to win. So, I understand not betting on the rookie, but he did exactly what I said he was going do and that was shine. In fact, he did indeed outplay or perform as well as hall of famer Rodgers. Check the stats if need be...

In this game it came down to whom had the ball last, but I got to give huge credit to that last rodgers pass and that great catch to stay in bounds to setup that field goal. As a cowboys fan, I'm mad as hell that our defensive coordinator didn't bring tons of heat on Rogers that last play, it was a huge mistake... Bad coaching is what hurt our team many times. There is only so much a team can do against a guy like Rodgers.

Cowboys fans are obviously not happy, it's hard to lose as the #1 seed at home, and there are no guarantees moving forward. Good luck the rest of the way.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still feel like, despite the result, the 56 yard fg attempt was the wrong call. Obviously I'm overjoyed at the result, but the way the D was playing if he misses we're in a world of hurt. Pin them deep with a punt and make them go the entire length of the field or go to overtime.

This to me was like the 4th and 1 in the Giants game, this one just happened to go our way.

Sky King

Reaction score
First off congrats to the fans and the Packers. As I said I would be back to discuss. The funny thing about this particular game is that most of what you though would happen did and what I thought would happen did. Aaron Rodgers to me, ended up being the difference with how well he played, and the Cowboys Defense put themselves in a huge hole early. Obviously, this took the cowboys out of their normal gameplan, but they still did manage to run the ball easily as expected when needed for the most part.

There were some crazy calls as we all know, some not called, some that should of.. The only point I will make here is a few of you guys said Dak and Zeke hadn't played on the big stage and was likely to struggle, to me, this couldn't of been further from the truth. In my opinion and many others, our two rookies were the best players on the field for our Cowboys, and Dak played like a seasoned vet playing like he did bringing our team back with a very real chance to win. So, I understand not betting on the rookie, but he did exactly what I said he was going do and that was shine. In fact, he did indeed outplay or perform as well as hall of famer Rodgers. Check the stats if need be...

In this game it came down to whom had the ball last, but I got to give huge credit to that last rodgers pass and that great catch to stay in bounds to setup that field goal. As a cowboys fan, I'm mad as hell that our defensive coordinator didn't bring tons of heat on Rogers that last play, it was a huge mistake... Bad coaching is what hurt our team many times. There is only so much a team can do against a guy like Rodgers.

Cowboys fans are obviously not happy, it's hard to lose as the #1 seed at home, and there are no guarantees moving forward. Good luck the rest of the way.
Thanks for the well wishes.

Dak, in particular, resoundingly answered the question as to whether or not he was up to the challenge. Rodgers effusive praise of Dak's performance (post game) and predictions of his bright future pretty well summed-up my feelings. Something tells me that this could be yet another protracted post-season rivalry between these two teams.

See you next post-season, I'm sure.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for returning. Many diehard fans don't. The future is bright in Dallas if they'd get a coach and GM. Enjoy an early start on the mock drafts. How many Cowboys get to play in the probowl again?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team we beat was no slouch, we started how we needed to. I felt if the game was going to OT things were not favoring us at all. Anyway, every year is different but the future looks bright in Dallas.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won the game and for that I am extremely Happy. What I'm not happy about is the way we won the game. It should've never came down to two 50 plus field goals by Crosby. Up 21-3 the Packers have to learn how to just have no mercy, step on the neck, and crush the jugular of the other team. That game should've been won by 20 plus points. Not only MM but Capers can try to do to much and it once again almost cost us. Yesterday's game was a perfect example of why MM has lost 4 or 5 playoff games in the final seconds or minutes of the game. He almost lost another one...I can honestly say Rodgers bailed him and Capers out. MM called a great drive At one point tho that led to seven points tho...I will give him credit for that. But if this was a loss it probably would've ranked ahead of the Seattle loss in terms of heartbreakers for me. Well at least 1b.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won the game and for that I am extremely Happy. What I'm not happy about is the way we won the game. It should've never came down to two 50 plus field goals by Crosby. Up 21-3 the Packers have to learn how to just have no mercy, step on the neck, and crush the jugular of the other team. That game should've been won by 20 plus points. Not only MM but Capers can try to do to much and it once again almost cost us. Yesterday's game was a perfect example of why MM has lost 4 or 5 playoff games in the final seconds or minutes of the game. He almost lost another one...I can honestly say Rodgers bailed him and Capers out. MM called a great drive At one point tho that led to seven points tho...I will give him credit for that. But if this was a loss it probably would've ranked ahead of the Seattle loss in terms of heartbreakers for me. Well at least 1b.
And the step to the throat instead was an INT tossed by Rodgers to an open Adams that would have blown that game wide freaking open.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The only point I will make here is a few of you guys said Dak and Zeke hadn't played on the big stage and was likely to struggle

Just pointing out politely as I was one of those, I would have agreed with you if your first drive had been a touchdown. I know you guys are disappointed, but he didn`t do it. Your guys played like we all knew they would, but our guys won on the day. Your compliments seem a little veiled. Your young guys did a fine job on the night, ours just did better.

Good luck next season though, and we are just taking each game as it comes.

Last edited by a moderator:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I really thought we were going to witness another heartbreak. Thank God for Aaron Rodgers and Mason Crosby.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Outside perspective from another team. Christine micheal did you no favors by muffing that kick and pinning you on the 5... had that not happened you probably march down the field and Go up 28-10.. that play gave dallas life and energy that you guys had fully killed the first half of the game.

There is no doubt Arod has killer instinct the guy is a machine and as much as I want to hate the man you just can't. Your lack of a run game puts all the weight on Rodgers and the wrs. He has shouldered that burden amazingly on the "run"

Dallas is a strong good young team. What y'all did going on the road is nothing short of remarkable.

Kudos to y'all

THill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please stop.

Just stop.

Aaron Rodgers is incredible, but their defense found a way to make enough plays in this game to get them a lead and Dallas was playing catchup all game long as a result and in the end Rodgers did his magic.

Also pretty sure you could say the same thing about the Peyton Manning led Colt teams that he needed to be great for them to be successful. Same thing for New England unless they're playing Brock Oisweiler.

Settle down fellow Cowboys fan. I'm just giving my opinion. And it shouldn't be taken as an insult here. When you have one of the top 3 greatest QBs in NFL history the fans should embrace it, not blast the person who brings it to the forefront.

Only the Packers are a one man team of those teams left playing. Patriots, Steelers, and Falcons have one of the following to compliment their QB: Running game and/or defense. The Packers have neither. Hell, the Patriots went 3-1 without Brady because they could run the ball and play defense. The Packers have nothing to fall back on. It is Rodgers or nothing, and I have posted articles that agree with me.

Hopefully that will make sense and we can move forward. I will be routing for the Packers, as a Rodgers fan, the rest of the way.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the step to the throat instead was an INT tossed by Rodgers to an open Adams that would have blown that game wide freaking open.

This is very true. I was yelling at Rodgers through the t.v. After that one. If he throws that towards the sidelines game over.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Settle down fellow Cowboys fan. I'm just giving my opinion. And it shouldn't be taken as an insult here. When you have one of the top 3 greatest QBs in NFL history the fans should embrace it, not blast the person who brings it to the forefront.

Only the Packers are a one man team of those teams left playing. Patriots, Steelers, and Falcons have one of the following to compliment their QB: Running game and/or defense. The Packers have neither. Hell, the Patriots went 3-1 without Brady because they could run the ball and play defense. The Packers have nothing to fall back on. It is Rodgers or nothing, and I have posted articles that agree with me.

Hopefully that will make sense and we can move forward. I will be routing for the Packers, as a Rodgers fan, the rest of the way.

I'll tell you why we don't like the terminology and your fellow Cowboys fan spotted it right off the bat. It's what we in central PA call "a left handed compliment". I.E. it's a compliment with a dig. It can be paraphrased like this; "You don't have anybody who is any good on your team other than Aaron Rodgers."

But the Packers have one of the best offensive lines in football at giving their QB time to make the throw. They also have some excellent receivers in Nelson, Cobb, Cook, and Adams. Adams led all NFL receivers this year with a 69.6 per cent catch on targets where he had less than a yard of separation. Nelson, Cobb and I think you are familiar with Cook. All are a part of what makes Rodgers a good QB. They think together and are in sync. I read this morning that Cook practiced that very catch this past week that doomed the Cowboys. He was intent on getting both toes in and keeping strong possession of the ball.

Without those elements from the receivers and offensive line, Rodgers would not be able to do what he does.

The Packers have also excelled this year at the "next man up" philosophy, having the 10th most injuries in the league and yet finding ways to fill gaps. This team is a whole lot more than Aaron Rodgers.

Your fellow Cowboys fan also pointed out that the Packer defense kept the Dallas offense on their heels. This is not a great defense, but it knows how to accomplish what it needs to in order for Rodgers to have a chance.

Thus, there is a total team concept here and not just a one man show. Aaron is a superb QB, but his team is a part of that greatness. One can only speculate if he would be as great playing for the Browns.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Aaron is a superb QB, but his team is a part of that greatness. One can only speculate if he would be as great playing for the Browns.
Cowboys probably wouldn't have even made the playoffs with AR as their QB ;)

THill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you why we don't like the terminology and your fellow Cowboys fan spotted it right off the bat. It's what we in central PA call "a left handed compliment". I.E. it's a compliment with a dig. It can be paraphrased like this; "You don't have anybody who is any good on your team other than Aaron Rodgers."

But the Packers have one of the best offensive lines in football at giving their QB time to make the throw. They also have some excellent receivers in Nelson, Cobb, Cook, and Adams. Adams led all NFL receivers this year with a 69.6 per cent catch on targets where he had less than a yard of separation. Nelson, Cobb and I think you are familiar with Cook. All are a part of what makes Rodgers a good QB. They think together and are in sync. I read this morning that Cook practiced that very catch this past week that doomed the Cowboys. He was intent on getting both toes in and keeping strong possession of the ball.

Without those elements from the receivers and offensive line, Rodgers would not be able to do what he does.

The Packers have also excelled this year at the "next man up" philosophy, having the 10th most injuries in the league and yet finding ways to fill gaps. This team is a whole lot more than Aaron Rodgers.

Your fellow Cowboys fan also pointed out that the Packer defense kept the Dallas offense on their heels. This is not a great defense, but it knows how to accomplish what it needs to in order for Rodgers to have a chance.

Thus, there is a total team concept here and not just a one man show. Aaron is a superb QB, but his team is a part of that greatness. One can only speculate if he would be as great playing for the Browns.

I appreciate your opinion. You have Cowboysfan to back you up. I have unbiased NFL beat writers backing me up. I could pull more if you want.

Anyway, I never said your receivers weren't good. They are good NFL receivers and make the catches you're supposed to make.

As far as your defense, I just look at the ridiculous huddle penalty that got them off the hook on our 2nd drive. Instead of being 1st and 10 at the 15, we're back on the other side of the 50. That is a penalty no one has seen called in years. It cost us at least 3 points but probably 7. Your D did nothing to stop us on that play. It was a 37 yard penalty. Geez!! Packers D sucks as bad as the Cowboys D.

Anyway, I'm tired of trying to make my "left handed compliment." Can I go back to my forum now?? LOL!

D

Deleted member 6794

I appreciate your opinion. You have Cowboysfan to back you up. I have unbiased NFL beat writers backing me up. I could pull more if you want.

You haven't brought up a single credible source referring to the Packers as a one man team.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As far as your defense, I just look at the ridiculous huddle penalty that got them off the hook on our 2nd drive. Instead of being 1st and 10 at the 15, we're back on the other side of the 50. That is a penalty no one has seen called in years. It cost us at least 3 points but probably 7. Your D did nothing to stop us on that play. It was a 37 yard penalty. Geez!! Packers D sucks as bad as the Cowboys D.

Again, with another excuse as to why your team lost?

"ridiculous huddle penalty" : You aren't the first or the last person to ever blame a loss on a "ridiculous" penalty. I'm curious, are you complaining about the penalty as being a ridiculous one or that Dallas didn't have 12 men in the huddle and it shouldn't have been called? What seems even more ridiculous to me though, is not being able to get 11 grown men into a huddle, since it is a rule. Basic counting skills.

Now if you complained equally about guys getting their jerseys pulled off their shoulder pads by DB's, I would be more inclined to listen. :coffee:

I have a lot more respect when a fan just says "Great game, the Packers were the better team today, good luck to you."

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Anyway, I never said your receivers weren't good. They are good NFL receivers and make the catches you're supposed to make.

Anyway, I'm tired of trying to make my "left handed compliment." Can I go back to my forum now?? LOL!

:rolleyes: Oh yes please. Better luck next year !!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Disagree 100%. Your receivers are in the NFL. None that I saw that was special today. The difference is that Rodgers puts the ball in perfect position for them to catch it. He is not missing right now. Ball is right there and any NFL receiver should be able to catch. And I'm being un-bias here.

So which is it? Your first or second opinion?