You know what I miss?

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I miss the Rodgers to Nelson back shoulder pass. Do we have a WR who could pull it off? That play was so effective....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

James Jones caught some early in the season and Abbrederis had one back shoulder reception in the first Lions game. There's no doubt there are way too few this season though.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looks like they drafted a WR to be used in this manner, but Thompson drafted a mediocre Adams instead of the better receivers on the board.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because clearly Ted Thompson sucks at drafting passing targets LOL
I know everyone wants to give Adams time, but look at what Robinson is doing in Jacksonville in his 2nd year. Over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs and making plays every game while Adams is blowing plays. Having a player like that instead of dead weight could make this a completely different season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not playing well and if only every single draft pick could be a pro bowl by year 1. Thompson has continually given this team very good passing targets. Nobody thought WR was a weakness after the draft. Nobody, but you're right, his crystal ball should have told him that jordy would be gone, a promising rookie would regress in year 2 and 2 other draft picks would be injured and not on the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lingering bad ankle grants him a Mulligan for not being explosive for limiting his explosiveness. He doesn't catch the ball with his ankles, though.
I'd bet it affected his concentration, that led to drops, which got in his head, and the whole team starts losing and pressing and things get out of control. I don't think Adams looked as good as a young Jennings or Nelson, but he certainly didn't look like he'd be a worse version of Bad Boykin either.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not playing well and if only every single draft pick could be a pro bowl by year 1. Thompson has continually given this team very good passing targets. Nobody thought WR was a weakness after the draft. Nobody, but you're right, his crystal ball should have told him that jordy would be gone, a promising rookie would regress in year 2 and 2 other draft picks would be injured and not on the field.
Even if he does live up to his potential, there are still receivers taken after him that will be better, and are certainly better now. A 2nd Round pick for a player in a relatively deep position should be a #1 or solid #2 receiver, not a guy we hope develops into a good 3rd option.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Even if he does live up to his potential, there are still receivers taken after him that will be better, and are certainly better now. A 2nd Round pick for a player in a relatively deep position should be a #1 or solid #2 receiver, not a guy we hope develops into a good 3rd option.

But if they falter next year and Adams rebounds then what? How can you say for a fact others will be better? Truly can't tell until careers are over, or at least a bigger sample size is done

We gave JJ grief and he rebounded nicely (his last stint here)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd bet it affected his concentration, that led to drops, which got in his head, and the whole team starts losing and pressing and things get out of control. I don't think Adams looked as good as a young Jennings or Nelson, but he certainly didn't look like he'd be a worse version of Bad Boykin either.

I would hope this is the case...but only time will tell

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when the all knowing and forever awesome patriots picked this guy named Chad Jackson and Ted this no name from a small Michigan school named Greg Jennings? Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Overall Ted crushes his competition in the pass receiving category and that's including 2 that were cut short because of injury. Maybe every WR from last year is better than Adams, but I'm not calling it over yet for him.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

These are all things you could've said about Jordy at one point also.

Is it really that hard to remember that BOTH Jones and Jordy were good for about 3-4 drops a game at one point? Good lord rewatch our SB. Both had some HUGE drops

Adams will be fine

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you this guy's agent? :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you this guy's agent? :)
No, or I would remind everyone of the good rookie year he had statistically rather than say he was no young Jordy or Greg. I was never sold on Adams, but I've also been around enough to to know I'm not selling on him yet either. Kind of a perfect storm that hit him, and he didn't respond well. There's a few weeks left and he has a lot of work to do, we'll see if he does it or not. I'm not expecting greatness to happen, but I do think he'll be ok and that might be enough to get this offense on track. It can't be all on him, everyone else needs to pick up a little slack too

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt that Thompson selected the wrong receiver with the Packers second-round pick last season though. I know it's pretty easy to know that in hindsight but Robinson or Landry would have been way better selections. On the other side it could have been worse with the team ending up with Latimer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know everyone wants to give Adams time, but look at what Robinson is doing in Jacksonville in his 2nd year. Over 1,000 yards and 10 TDs and making plays every game while Adams is blowing plays. Having a player like that instead of dead weight could make this a completely different season.

CAUTION: Objects in the mirror may appear larger then they actually are. When using 20/20 rear view vision, remember to look at the entire vision behind you. Don't just look at one thing, look at it ALL. In other words, we can all say "if we only had chosen this guy", what about the other guys we could have chosen too, not just the one that says "I told you so"? Also, you if you are using this logic on the guys we missed out on, how about guys like AR that we happen to hit on? Jordy was a second round pick, that had a few Packer fans scratching their heads and it wasn't until his 4th year that we saw what a good player he is. IMO far too much was expected out of Adams far too soon in his career.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CAUTION: Objects in the mirror may appear larger then they actually are. When using 20/20 rear view vision, remember to look at the entire vision behind you. Don't just look at one thing, look at it ALL. In other words, we can all say "if we only had chosen this guy", what about the other guys we could have chosen too, not just the one that says "I told you so"? Also, you if you are using this logic on the guys we missed out on, how about guys like AR that we happen to hit on? Jordy was a second round pick, that had a few Packer fans scratching their heads and it wasn't until his 4th year that we saw what a good player he is. IMO far too much was expected out of Adams far too soon in his career.
I scratched my head at the pick at the time, not just now. His ceiling just isn't high enough IMO to warrant a 2nd round pick in a draft that was very deep at WR. It's not like there are guys that were on nobody's radar who are outperforming him, but ones who were scouted at or around his projected value.

If you were jumping around about this pick, I question how much you watch football. I hope he turns out well, but wake me up when he's giving a team like Seattle or Denver nightmares.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You know what I miss? Thread titles that describe the subject of the thread. :D

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I scratched my head at the pick at the time, not just now. His ceiling just isn't high enough IMO to warrant a 2nd round pick in a draft that was very deep at WR. It's not like there are guys that were on nobody's radar who are outperforming him, but ones who were scouted at or around his projected value.

If you were jumping around about this pick, I question how much you watch football. I hope he turns out well, but wake me up when he's giving a team like Seattle or Denver nightmares.
Did you jump up and down at the Nick Collins pick? Did you jump up and down for Finley? Jennings? Nelson? Jones? Cobb? I remember so many, "who's this guys?" and "why this guy?" after all those drafts. So many people disliked the Jennings pick, and thought the Pats go the better player in Jackson, were you one of them?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you jump up and down at the Nick Collins pick? Did you jump up and down for Finley? Jennings? Nelson? Jones? Cobb? I remember so many, "who's this guys?" and "why this guy?" after all those drafts. So many people disliked the Jennings pick, and thought the Pats go the better player in Jackson, were you one of them?
It's ridiculous to think every pick is going to land, but as a high draft pick for a receiver in this offense, I don't think it's unreasonable. And the Patriots don't rely solely on the draft as a means of acquiring players, so I doubt they were really that upset about missing out on Jennings. Especially since they acquired a certain other receiver around this time.....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to think every pick is going to land, but as a high draft pick for a receiver in this offense, I don't think it's unreasonable. And the Patriots don't rely solely on the draft as a means of acquiring players, so I doubt they were really that upset about missing out on Jennings. Especially since they acquired a certain other receiver around this time.....
except we won a SB with Jennings, they didn't with either of those receivers, drafted or certain other one.

anyway, you say it's ridiculous to think every draft pick is going to land and here you are telling us that it is ridiculous Thompson didn't get someone better after a season and a half

Members online

Latest posts