You know what I miss?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except we won a SB with Jennings, they didn't with either of those receivers, drafted or certain other one.

anyway, you say it's ridiculous to think every draft pick is going to land and here you are telling us that it is ridiculous Thompson didn't get someone better after a season and a half
I don't think we can attribute NE not winning a SB to them having Moss instead of Jennings, or vice versa to us winning one.

I just don't understand how our receivers take so long to develop as opposed to those taken by other teams. Call my expectations too high, but I'd expect a 2nd Round pick to be at the very least a functional player in Year 2.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's more likely that WR's take seasons to learn their craft and sustain it for all teams. a handful of players every year, for all sorts of reasons, flare up, then fade away. Some stick around for a while and there's all sorts of reasons. Jordy, Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, etc all took a few seasons to come around. Adams was functional year 1, something is not right so far this year, maybe it never will be, but i hardly believe he was drafted for how he looks this year over last year.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's more likely that WR's take seasons to learn their craft and sustain it for all teams. a handful of players every year, for all sorts of reasons, flare up, then fade away. Some stick around for a while and there's all sorts of reasons. Jordy, Jennings, Driver, Jones, Cobb, etc all took a few seasons to come around. Adams was functional year 1, something is not right so far this year, maybe it never will be, but i hardly believe he was drafted for how he looks this year over last year.

Just as an example Robinson and Landry have looked impressive from the get-go amd have even improved further this season. With Rodgers playing QB for whatever reason there hasn't been a single receiver having a huge impact early in his career.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss the Rodgers to Nelson back shoulder pass. Do we have a WR who could pull it off? That play was so effective....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You can't post a Sports Science clip without me adding this:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts