You can't tell me you aren't worried about our Defense anymore

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Soo, if the defense plays really well and the offense goes into a slump are we going to start talking about how bad the offense is?
Don't get me started on the offense cause they really suck too.
They should be scoring at least 358 points per game!
How come they're not doing that?
Gawd, they are terrible!
And Mason? He can make 99 yarders easily. C'mon Mike! Let him try instead of punting it away!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'm not worried about our schedule. Chargers and Lions are the only real tests and they don't scare me that much. Lions have dropped two in a row. Some of the teams we play with winning records like the Giants are not at our level. We get the Bears at home. So say we drop a few games we're still going to have a great record.

But I agree with the rest of what you said Raptor.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So the coach said today the defense is actually doing well except for allowing big plays. He said most of the yardage against the d has come from allowing big plays and they are working on that. According to him there were 6 big plays against Minn that accounted for a lot of the yardage against the D. If they can work on preventing the big plays, things will look normal.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So the coach said today the defense is actually doing well except for allowing big plays. He said most of the yardage against the d has come from allowing big plays and they are working on that. According to him there were 6 big plays against Minn that accounted for a lot of the yardage against the D. If they can work on preventing the big plays, things will look normal.
Well duh! The Vikings could say the same thing. Of course its the big plays that you have concern with. 266 yards that the Vikings gave up were on the top 10 Packer plays. The Packers gave up 304 yards on the top 10 Viking plays. I think any team could say that any week. It's the big plays that are killing us.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Yes we are 7-0. But there will come a time when our pass defense has to play better than it's 31st ranking. There's a problem there and I think it's going to bite us in the **** if it isn't fixed. I hope it's not when we are in the playoffs where it's a loss and out.

Agreed and this is essentially what I'm trying to get across. But all I get is "shut and up we're 7-0, we'll be fine"

There are things that need to be addressed and fixed on defense for us to go all the way, which is what we all want

Reaction score
our defense is, like we play some shut down defense for a good while, then we randomly give up a big play.
idk, it's not like we're giving up a ton of 10 play drives for TDs every game.

It's like, the other team goes TD/Punt/Punt/FG/Int/Fumble/TD/FG/Punt/Punt ... with all of those points coming from brain farts on defense.

Tramon: "I'm supposed to cover this guy? ...(Jenkins goes 74 yards) ...Ka-durrh?!"

I'm not concerned, Dom & the Defensive Coaches will figure it out... Heck, Tony Dungy figured out the colt's 06 D's problems in time for the playoffs.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me started on the offense cause they really suck too.
They should be scoring at least 358 points per game!
How come they're not doing that?
Gawd, they are terrible!
And Mason? He can make 99 yarders easily. C'mon Mike! Let him try instead of punting it away!

Sarcasm detected but I really hope MM lets Crosby try a 70 yarder during some blowout. How cool would it be if he got it?