World Cup Russia 2018

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I watched the England v Germany friendly today. It wasn't until the 60th minute that I saw the name "Loftus-Cheek" on the player's kit. Up until then I thought the announcer was saying; "Lost his cheek". That was an English expression with which I was not familiar. :roflmao::roflmao: I couldn't figure out why he seemed to be picking on that one player.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I watched the England v Germany friendly today. It wasn't until the 60th minute that I saw the name "Loftus-Cheek" on the player's kit. Up until then I thought the announcer was saying; "Lost his cheek". That was an English expression with which I was not familiar. :roflmao::roflmao: I couldn't figure out why he seemed to be picking on that one player.....

Ben Roethlisberger is similar, for the longest time many had the thought that his surname was ''Rrrr-lost-his-burger''........true story. :)

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

This is exactly what happened to me lol

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is an obvious Group of Death this World Cup. Typically, one group really stands out but I don't see it this time.

Group D and F are candidates for the toughest though. Maybe Groups E and H will be competitive and entertaining.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Agreed, but that doesn't mean she is a good one.

Wasn't necessarily making a case for her, just there are 2 candidates that were with Gulati and Gulati supporters. My guess is one of our former players will get it (Caliguiri, Wynalda, or Martino). I need to read up on the election process for this position as its been like 16 years since a real vote occurred. My only concern is if three former players that I mentioned split votes that allows someone else to earn the victory. But I need to read up on the voting process.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Wasn't necessarily making a case for her, just there are 2 candidates that were with Gulati and Gulati supporters. My guess is one of our former players will get it (Caliguiri, Wynalda, or Martino). I need to read up on the election process for this position as its been like 16 years since a real vote occurred. My only concern is if three former players that I mentioned split votes that allows someone else to earn the victory. But I need to read up on the voting process.

I thought you meant this guy at first
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:roflmao:

I agree though, anyone even remotely related to Gulati is a no go.

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

And here is what I meant by that. It's apparently happening.

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/02/09/report-six-us-soccer-presidential-candidates-to-join-forces/

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Han Solo is running for presidency of the Empire. I hope his sister is unsuccessful.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We lost 1-2 in a friendly against Austria yesterday, that made the headlines today as its the fifth friendly in a row that we did not win as I learned. :eek::D
Looking forward to real football and real games in Russia, but the opener against Mexico wont be an easy won.

I

We lost 1-2 in a friendly against Austria yesterday, that made the headlines today as its the fifth friendly in a row that we did not win as I learned. :eek::D
Looking forward to real football and real games in Russia, but the opener against Mexico wont be an easy won.

Do you think it was down to bad linesmen and referees ?

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score

The linesmen yesterday was garbage, and I don't feel much better about the referee. However, I think it was less that and more Jogi's distaste for friendly matches, sending out an experimental squad, and most the team playing it as a practice match. No one wanted to get injured on the sloppy pitch for a game that meant nothing to them.

I

The linesmen yesterday was garbage, and I don't feel much better about the referee. However, I think it was less that and more Jogi's distaste for friendly matches, sending out an experimental squad, and most the team playing it as a practice match. No one wanted to get injured on the sloppy pitch for a game that meant nothing to them.

Sorry Itkovian, it was a humorous dig at our German friend who hasn't forgiven us for 1966....:D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not this time, as long as there are no Russian refs or linesmen around and we're not playing England I'm quite relaxed.
Btw - the Quarterfinals seem to be the earliest possibility to play against each other. ;) :p

OP
OP
Bundesbiers

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
How Germany beat the USA in the 2002 World Cup. Clear as day handball. But who's angry?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!