Wolf says underrated Thompson did an 'amazing' job

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
THIS IS AN INTERNET FORUM.

It's NOT REAL LIFE.

I see it differently from you, even though this is an internet forum, there is a audience on the other side that is reading the same words that I type but cannot tell with which tone I state it. And they certainly are another person with feelings and a different train of thought.

I really don't think it is a age thing as much as a regional thing, meaning here in the Midwest we are still living in the thought of saying HI to your neighbor and being aware of the feelings of those around us. I have traveled many a place in these fine states, and can tell you that the general Midwest is a different breed of people from many other areas. One thing that we lack is the extreme art of sarcasm and how to distiguise it from a person being serious.

Now don't take that wrong in thinking I believe we are better or anything than other regions, just more old fashion when it comes to how we treat those around us. At least that is my opinion.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

It's NOT REAL LIFE.

I see it differently from you, even though this is an internet forum, there is a audience on the other side that is reading the same words that I type but cannot tell with which tone I state it.

I really don't think it is a age thing as much as a regional thing, meaning here in the Midwest we are still living in the thought of saying HI to your neighbor and being aware of the feelings of those around us. I have traveled many a place in these fine states, and can tell you that the general Midwest is a different breed of people from many other areas. One thing that we lack is the extreme art of sarcasm and how to distiguise it from a person being serious.

Now don't take that wrong in thinking I believe we are better or anything than other regions, just more old fashion when it comes to how we treat those around us. At least that is my opinion.

I understand the regional thing, and I would've mentioned it initially but people might take it as a slight.

My point is, it IS a regional thing, and you can't "force" people in a forum to adhere to behavior of one region. No matter how distasteful the rest of the world may operate.

Unfortunatley it doesn't work that way.

In a public forum, people have as much a right to express "I told you so's"
as much as someone who hates that they do so.

As you said, "when it comes to treating those around us".
They are not around you. So you have to adjust.

You can't force them to adhere to what you want.

TRUST ME. I LOVE MIDWESTERN VALUES.
I believe the rest of the world can learn from tradition, and courtesy
and temperance of sarcasm.

But you can't FORCE them to do it your way.
Saying "I don't want to hear it" doesn't solve anything.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I understand the regional thing, and I would've mentioned it initially but people might take it as a slight.

My point is, it IS a regional thing, and you can't "force" people in a forum to adhere to behavior of one region. No matter how distasteful the rest of the world may operate.

While it is correct that you can't force people around you to adjust, but in the same light, don't be surprised if you get a reaction of taking it personal because that is what most of the forum's tone is.

Just like you say you have to adjust, one also has to realize that if the core value of a forum is based in one region or one idealogy, then anyone stepping outside that norm is going to bring reactions of others around them.

Trust me, when I first started posting here.. it was an adjustment, but after a while you learn the tendancies of this board. Now does that mean you can't speak your mind, no it doesn't. Ask people such as DH, Trom, Zero or some of the other strong personalities here. They speak there mind as most do, however at times they draw a reaction.

Sometimes that reaction is someone taking something personal, sometimes it is just looked over knowing the posters style.

Scarcasm is a funny thing.. especially on the internet.. when it is perceived for what it is, it can be clever and fun. However perception is the key dependant on the reader not the poster.

In the end, yes every poster is entitled to there view and thoughts.. free to post as they desire, however for every action there is a equal or greater reaction. Just be prepared for it.

Pack93z

Reaction score
So Wolf...thought Thompson did an amazing job.

LOL.. it was off course anyway.. so why not continue down that path.

With Wolf flipping around like a dying fish these past couple weeks on issues, I don't know that he is the best judge, LOL. ;)

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

With Wolf flipping around like a dying fish these past couple weeks on issues, I don't know that he is the best judge, LOL. ;)

True that.

Let the record judge.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:

True that.

Let the record judge.

Interesting... so should one judge Sherman's stay here solely on record? Yikes.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:

True that.

Let the record judge.

Interesting... so should one judge Sherman's stay here solely on record? Yikes.

Good point again.

Let common sense judge.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
An article yesterday made a very good point about Ted: in his tenure he has been very cautious of not doing a deal with a player that threw the market out of whack.

He's (re)signed Driver, Kampman, Taush, Al Harris, Pickett to some unbelievably fair deals.

Also got Barnett extended which looks like a good move at the moment. The great part about guys like Pickett, Barnett, and Kampman is they're all under 30.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummmm....

Why do people take things so personally in this forum? BOZZ?
Is it an age difference thing?

Go to like styleforum.net. Guys are in their 20s..Some of the posters in packerforum would get into internet fights w/some of the abrasive sarcasm over there. And people don't trip over it at all. It's all in good fun.

But people in HERE just say one thing different and everyone's like "enough already..I've had it".

GUYS...Take a Breath...

It's NOT REAL LIFE.

It's crazy to take things to heart so much.

People can speak how they want to and say what they want..it's a forum right?

I'm not even taking any side on this.

I'm just taken aback sometimes about how people try to bully the conversation along.

If you don't like what others say..then don't reply or don't read that thread. Simple right?

p.s. People change...yet when we try to get the Favre faithful to think about change...and we get our arms bitten off for trying. Irony.

Answering your postscript first, it's because the "Favre faithful" wanted what was best for the team and we knew he still had it. '07 proved us right.

When Rodgers is the better QB, he will start. MM will make that decision, not Favre. It's the same thing as what happened in San Francisco when they took Young over Montana. Note that Montana was still a good QB and he went on to take a mediocre team to the Playoffs twice.

As for taking it personal, it's not really that on this particular topic. It's just the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again. It's like that ex that you're trying to block from your memory, the one who brought up that one time you forgot something over and over and over and over and over and over again. You're simply tired of hearing it.

I'm not offended by hearing TT is awesome. I'm glad he's awesome. I am a Packers fan. I was hoping we got the best guy possible. My criticism of him was that he sucked. Turned out I was wrong and he is in fact awesome. But to say "nah nah na na nah nah" 147,758 times, you get tired of hearing it. Like that ex you're trying to forget.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone go 'nah nah na na nah nah.' Just people happy they were right about Thompson because it means good things for the Packers.

And it makes them look like they knew what they were talking about and people shouldn't doubt them any more!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone go 'nah nah na na nah nah.' Just people happy they were right about Thompson because it means good things for the Packers.

And it makes them look like they knew what they were talking about and people shouldn't doubt them any more!

don't doubt me anymore.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

don't doubt me anymore.

Yes..don't doubt me anymore either. hehe

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was never against TT, however I wasn't voting for him early either. I took the easy route of sitting the fence until he delivered. I liked his philosophy from early on, however he had to prove that he was going to follow it, and I believe that he's stayed his course and benefited for it.

A few other things were said upon which I must comment.

There are a lot of midwestern values here, and yes they can bend others to their way. Just ask those who have been banned.

Who is going to decide when Rodgers is better than Favre? Not Favre? I beg to differ. The problem with Brett is due to his legacy, there is so much social pressure to play him, no matter his performance. Brett will choose when to retire and that will be it, it will have nothing to do with any coaches or players behind him.

Retiredgrandpa noted an interesting point about TT having to be more need specific this year. I agree that it will be interesting to watch how well he manages now that are needs are everywhere.

It would also be interesting to know if TT's rep changes others teams' drafting techniques around him, or in working deals with him.

Also, whoever posted the list of TT drafts had quite the complimentary commentary behind most players. I am calling for Rodgers to get playing time, however I still don't consider him a drafting success. If you haven't played and contributed, then where is the benefit? If you want to see how well TT is doing then list the playing time stats of all of his draft players, and then compare him to the league standard. I believe he is better than most, but I don't think that he's as good as the rosy list above makes him out to be. The trend at hand does bode well for the future though. The older his draft year, the more they've benefitted us so that bodes well for his ability to pick players that develop. Clearly, an Adrian Peterson vs. Justin Harrell right now was a bad pick, however in five years, who knows.

And as for the poster giving out 'metals', it's a medal.

By and large, end all, I too am glad that we have Ted Thompson. He can present as vanilla an image as he wants as long as our team is competing and playing well throughout games, I'm happy no matter the record. It's the fire in the team that I am looking for, the never approach and I saw it a lot this year.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Cal2GreenBay said:

It's NOT REAL LIFE.

I see it differently from you, even though this is an internet forum, there is a audience on the other side that is reading the same words that I type but cannot tell with which tone I state it.

the words morals, and this forum, should not even be spoken in the same breath, sentence or comment. Here, it is who you know, and how long you have been here that allow a poster to write whatever they want. Certain posters can break forum rules, others lie About what they represent, and who they are, and it is OK, b/c they have moderator buddies. so because the mods are their buds, they can post whatever pathetic drivel they feel. when you reply w/a comment they do not like, tthey cry like children, protest that whomever took a stand and posted a different view should be banned, lock the thread, or even better yet, hurl insults.

BTW, i meant METAL

Members online

Latest posts