Will we have a 2020 NFL Season?

H

HardRightEdge

Thinking the same. No matter what, we are going to hear "Doctors told me this was THE biggest, worst case they have seen and I fought it off amazingly, they couldn't believe it, they have never quite seen someone do what I did."

No matter how I feel, I do believe he should get THE best care that $750 can buy.
He'll still stiff the docs on the copay. ;)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thinking the same. No matter what, we are going to hear "Doctors told me this was THE biggest, worst case they have seen and I fought it off amazingly, they couldn't believe it, they have never quite seen someone do what I did."

No matter how I feel, I do believe he should get THE best care that $750 can buy.

Ah. Another headline only reader. What a surprise.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping this was a place to get away from the trump bashing and politics....

H

HardRightEdge

Perhaps if he does make a speedy recovery, it wasn't any worse than the flu for him.
Sure, nothing a little bleach, hydroxychoroquine, and the finest medical care known to man to make him right as rain.

There's also the middle scenario between denial and death where he comes out of it like Boris Johnson, slower, less witty (Boris not Trump), just not the same, less entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

They wouldn’t want to deprive us of CNN quality discourse like this. Way to go.
I don't watch CNN. I follow stories through over long periods of time. Headlines come and go like the wind. Add them all up, follow the numbers, economic or otherwise, pandemic or not, and what you have is a dumpster fire.

Take the tax return story. Meh. What K-1s attached to a personal tax return show is not particularly important unless you thought Trump was rich and successful and put value on that. That story has already blown away like the wind from the headlines in the typical one to two week news cycle.

Trump should thank his lucky starts for the likes of CNN who chase headlines when he shouts "squirrel". In the matter of personal finance, what is important is the financials of the real estate partnerships issuing those K-1s and who is propping them up. I await their revelations.

How's the FoxConn factory coming along, by the way?

But I digress.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't watch CNN. I follow stories through over long periods of time. Headlines come and go like the wind. Add them all up, follow the numbers, economic or otherwise, pandemic or not, and what you have is a dumpster fire.

Take the tax return story. Meh. What K-1s attached to a personal tax return show is not particularly important unless you thought Trump was rich and successful and put value on that. That story has already blown away like the wind from the headlines in the typical one to two week news cycle.

Trump should thank his lucky starts for the likes of CNN who chase headlines when he shouts "squirrel". In the matter of personal finance, what is important is the financials of the real estate partnerships issuing those K-1s and who is propping them up. I await their revelations.

But I digress.

You seem to have missed the point.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But I digress.

Oh you digress indeed.

Some may even call that the rambling of a pseudointellectual, but some may call that cruel and unnecessary. Remarkable what some may say.

H

HardRightEdge

Oh you digress indeed.

Some may even call that the rambling of a pseudointellectual, but some may call that cruel and unnecessary. Remarkable what some may say.
You can call me what you like. Just spell my name right. ;) I've never run to daddy with a complaint about a poster so you'd be pretty safe in using whatever words you like. Anyway, psudo is better than none at all we should agree.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Perhaps. Enlighten me. Or don't. But in mentioning "CNN quality discourse" whatever your meaning you have now engaged in the very thing you mocked.

The point is that you’re on a Packer forum talking politics that no one gives a **** about. And no, I’m not engaging in that very thing by pointing out that you’re turning a football thread into CNBC.

Enlightened?

H

HardRightEdge

The point is that you’re on a Packer forum talking politics that no one gives a **** about. And no, I’m not engaging in that very thing by pointing out that you’re turning a football thread into CNBC.

Enlightened?
Moderator approved...for now. Besides, it's not like the OP isn't a moot point, also at least for now. So I'm wondering why you would bother reading or commenting. Thanks for your enlightening thoughts, though. You could report it and then we might see the end of it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping this was a place to get away from the trump bashing and politics....
Lol, Imagine what it would be like if the anti Harris/Biden crowd retaliated in-kind.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
To the OP, the season is proceeding even smoother than I thought it would. Kudos to Goodell for moving forward.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that it makes more sense for dense cities to be more strict than open, rural areas.
I was referring to attitudes of people, not the strictness of regulation.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, I've lived in a rural county with a population of 5,000 people without a single stop light, 10 miles to the nearest gas station, 20 miles from an old Walmart, 30 miles from Home Depot. I currently live in an ex-urban area a stones throw from solidly rural, 30 miles outside Buffalo, big time Trump country in the last election. It's still 10 miles to Walmart or Home Depot. You might find that surprising.

No. It's about regulations, plain and simple, and that comes down to the folks who vote for the folks running the show. And when the folks running the show say, "don't worry, be happy," you have an unvirtuous circle of confirmation bias.
I was not referring to regulations, I was referring to perceived individual attitudes and actions.

H

HardRightEdge

Chaos and Mayhem much more likely until most of the participants got banned.
I'll summarize:

Old sleepy Joe. He could go senile at any moment. He's either in tow to the radical left or running on a wishy-washy platform trying to triangulate the big tent--you choose. His VP is a grandstander of the first order (I actually believe that) who isn't even a US citizen. He has a lot of proposals that will cost a lot more than the tax increases he proposes while the federal state and municiple budgets are and will continue to take hits in the multi-trillions of dollars. The police will be defunded and the proverbial wildfires of the inner cities will be coming to a suburb near you. Evil Obamacare will survive. The borders will be thrown open with America overun by the unwashed masses of various shades of brown. Abortions will be mandatory. Slavery reparations will be paid. Antifa will be granted their own federal department. Abortions will be mandatory. The liberal elite global sex trade run by by Bill Gates will be allowed to flourish.

That's a start. Add more if you like.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about we don't do this in the Packers forum.

I know certain individuals like to hear themselves (read themselves?), but can you just try to contain yourselves?

Thanks for your cooperation.