• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking yes, we pull this off contingent on the following factors being true, which thus far at least a couple of them seem to be:

1. Jordy is running full speed by wk 1 with 0 setbacks at all to his injury, and from what I've heard there've been none.

2. Bryan Bulaga never misses a game in 2016 ... this might be more of a stretch to hope for but hey even he's due a bit of luck once in a while right?

3. Eddie Lacy comes into the season 100% in shape

All of these factors of course playing into a much better pre-2015 return of Aaron Rodgers to the Rodgers we all know, plus hopeful contributions to that cause being adding Jared Cook, Adams hopefully losing his dropsies, and hopefully a more front-running role for Jeff Janis this next year with James Jones having moved on. And of course the defense's improvement over last year being real.

I also feel our opponents this year are mostly easy enough for us to get those wins.

I think division-wise we can go 5-1 there because Detroit and Chicago are both in trouble with Megatron retired, Matt Forte and Martellus Bennet gone, and the Bears also having to deal with an inexperienced offensive coordinator trying to keep Cutler's ship from crashing. Minny's still our toughest competition to win the division as far as I'd say, I think we'll end up splitting the series with them.

We should be able to sweep the AFC South, we got Indy here at home and match up well against them, and everyone below them is just a mess the way it's looking.

Obviously as far as the rest go, Seattle as usual, will not be easy, but they may be forced to rely more on the passing game with Lynch gone, and they've also now lost LB Bruce Irvin and T Russell Okung, and it's in Lambeau again. Dallas gets Romo back, but coming off of breaking a collar bone 2x in one season and going to be 36 once this season gets underway, it's not just going to be all good in D-town just because he's back, plus the Cowboys got some other fish they gotta fry by the time this season gets underway. And for the Redskins, while history doesn't decide the NFL's future, very little within it suggests that they're going to win the NFC East again this year. Now of course after last year the way things shaped up, anything could happen between us and these opponents, but all 3 of these to me are the devils we all know and in my opinion, the most likely games we win in the non-divisional conference.

The biggest unknowns and probably the biggest challenges we got are Atlanta, New York, and Philly. Wouldn't surprise me if one or 2 of our losses came at the hands of these 3, but I don't think we'll lose to all 3 of them.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll get double digits wins again. We always get double digit wins it seems. Its going to boil down to defense and Aaron as usual. If our D plays well and we protect Aaron, I always love our chances.

So yeah, 12-4 or 13-3 are realistic.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, looking at the opponents I don't see ANY that we shouldn't win.

Home: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Cowboys, Giants, Texans, Colts & Seahawks.
Away: Bears, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Eagles, Redskins, Jaguars & Titans.

Injuries will play a role in that loss, and a core-player injury (AR, CM3, Nelson, Shields) might change that outlook a little. I'm guessing that we'll have that obligatory away game, after the bye week when we'll lose a game that we shouldn't... so 15-1 it is.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can legitimately see this team going 13-3 or better. I can also see them dipping below 10 wins and missing the playoffs. For the first time in years, they're as close to that as being the NFC rep in the Super Bowl. The big factor as usual will be the "X' factor- injuries. This is a team that had issues exposed last season, and time is running out on the core.

Sky King

Reaction score
Double-digit wins is probably quite reasonable as a base. Factor-in injuries and their timing, other teams' improvement, inexplicably flat play against inferior opponents, match-ups, weather, luck and other miscellaneous, or unpredictable variables (that will tend to influence the victory total by a few games) and there's your season. Every victory above 10 or maybe 11 (as the base) would be a nice bonus.

Recent playoff results for this team indicates how difficult winning a SB really is.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Undefeated looks doable with this schedule. Unfortunately MM usually gets outcoached a game or two when his game plan doesn't work and he's too stubborn to adapt. Capers will also have a game or three like that. That's how you get to 4-5 losses. With an injury at an inopportune time and position.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the schedule I would be very surprised if they don't excel this year. Seems the only thing that really could put a halt to this season is injuries, which unfortunately is a possibility too. Just really hoping for the best and keeping faith in the Pack.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't put any stock in the schedule. It's based on winning percentages from the year before. Every season there will be teams expected to contend who flop and teams not much was expected fro who surprise.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sky is the limit. I voted 13-3. Would be an incredible advantage having home field throughout the playoffs.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home field hasn't been an advantage recently, and not for quite some time in the playoffs.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder what our offense would have done had sherrod and bulaga stayed healthy this whole time...? Invested in 1st round bookends, and didnt hardly get any return on investment. Sucks.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is that even possible? Lambeau Field is legendary for being a difficult venue, and especially in the playoffs.

"Recently"- swept at home in the division last year for the first time since 1968.

"Not for quite some time in the playoffs"- Since going into the home playoff game vs Atlanta following the 2002 season undefeated (13-0) all time in home playoff games and losing to the Falcons 27-7, the Packers are, including that game, 4-5.
No one is afraid to come into Lambeau anymore.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wonder what our offense would have done had sherrod and bulaga stayed healthy this whole time...? Invested in 1st round bookends, and didnt hardly get any return on investment. Sucks.

All 32 teams can play the "what if" game like that, doesn't change much. As far as Bulaga goes, I think we have gotten good return out of a #23 pick. Yeah his injuries are frustrating, but part of the game. Would I rather the Packers picked Dez Bryant (Cowboys took with #24), sure, but he could have broken his leg in his first practice and never played a down. It also could have been worse, they could have picked Tebow or a bunch of other players that teams got nothing out of. Hindsight on drafts doesn't do much, except allow fans to criticize a GM for not having a crystal ball.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't wonder about that nearly as much as the "what if" an all pro safety wasn't lost just hitting his prime to a career ending neck injury and a very talented TE to another career ending neck injury.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 32 teams can play the "what if" game like that, doesn't change much. As far as Bulaga goes, I think we have gotten good return out of a #23 pick. Yeah his injuries are frustrating, but part of the game. Would I rather the Packers picked Dez Bryant (Cowboys took with #24), sure, but he could have broken his leg in his first practice and never played a down. It also could have been worse, they could have picked Tebow or a bunch of other players that teams got nothing out of. Hindsight on drafts doesn't do much, except allow fans to criticize a GM for not having a crystal ball.[/QUOTE]

True. But success- or lack thereof- will ply huge part in a team's fortunes, and will be the main standard a GM will be judged by in his performance.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 32 teams can play the "what if" game like that, doesn't change much. As far as Bulaga goes, I think we have gotten good return out of a #23 pick. Yeah his injuries are frustrating, but part of the game. Would I rather the Packers picked Dez Bryant (Cowboys took with #24), sure, but he could have broken his leg in his first practice and never played a down. It also could have been worse, they could have picked Tebow or a bunch of other players that teams got nothing out of. Hindsight on drafts doesn't do much, except allow fans to criticize a GM for not having a crystal ball.
Im just saying back to back 1st round ots to protect our mvp were obviously a high priority. Bulaga and sherrod were basicly non existant the first few years afterwards...

Although that does happen.... This was a strategic belly flop. Our ots have been crap for the most part since clifton and tauscher left...

I mean LOOK at rodgers sack totals since bulaga was drafted. He is mobile and still led the league a few times i believe... That is probabally the biggest reason seattle had their way with us those few years. And 9ers early on... And broncos this year creaming rodgers injuring him....

Its horrible luck and a big what if...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't wonder about that nearly as much as the "what if" an all pro safety wasn't lost just hitting his prime to a career ending neck injury and a very talented TE to another career ending neck injury.
To a certain degree jollys purple drank and neck injury... He was becoming a beast. And was still effective years later when he also broke his neck... Our dline was pathetic those years he was gone...

Members online

Latest posts