Wide Receiver Options

Reaction score
2 weeks until the trade deadline. They better make a move and I mean a big one. Go big and go long or toss away another season and start the rebuild.
If nothing else. Get an established bonafide seasoned veteran or two and sometimes that can create a spark. My wish is the best option of RT or RG and also the best “pass receiving” option we can find at WR or TE. Anything involving Draft selections in Day 3 is on the table imo.
We Have to win this week. If we can Win? we’re still in the hunt. Otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

Reaction score
Keep seeing Chase Claypool from the Steelers mentioned as an opportunity. Of course, these are just rumors. His name came up before the season started as well.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers should make a call to the Steelers. Adding Chase Claypool to the WR room looks appealing now.
Many are guessing Steelers want a day 2 pick for Claypool. Saw one idea that made sense: Packers send Amari Rodgers & a 4th rounder for Claypool & a 7th.

D

Deleted member 6794

Again though, he is in the last wave of signings...give it one season even more and it will be more as we'd imagine.

Actually I imagined the numbers would prove MVS is significantly overpaid. They don't though.

Kendrick Bourne: $3.5m salary this season and $4.75m next season, great YAC guy which is something the Packers desperately need with how popular two-high shell defenses have become in the NFL (he was PFF's pre-season pick for the best contract on the Patriots).

Bourne was excellent gaining yards after the catch last season but has mostly been pretty average in that area for most of his career.

Austin Hooper: Despite what most think, he's only 27 but his biggest draw is that he only makes about $1m this season so he'd be a cheap option to allow the offense to run more multiple TE sets if they wanted to (Tonyan is the only TE that has run more than 45 passing routes this season so the multiple TE sets they currently run are decidedly one dimensional). Again, he's no panacea, but he only costs $1.25m so I figure, why the heck not?

Hard pass on Hooper, who hasn't been able to perform up to expectations for years.

I feel like people aren't taking the appropriate lesson from what they've literally seen from Aaron Rodgers the past three seasons. New coach, poor first season. Second year and onward, TERRIFIC performance. Wilson is having the first year coach downturn. He'll be better next season and Hackett will have (hopefully) learned clock management by next year.

Hackett seems to be in over his head as a head coach though.

Also I think Deguara actually is the perfect #3 TE fit now and future. He hasn't played into big money, but has delivered when in. Don't be shocked and I think it would be smart to keep him around on a reasonable contract.

The Packers might benefit from having a better #2 tight end than Deguara though.

Otherwise I still believe a OLB is a big need as we are critically thin on productive players there....this however could be a low grade cut type player situation as we've had luck before attempting to do.

If Enagbare is able to perform on a similar level on an increased snap count the Packers might be fine at outside linebacker.

I would have been pretty thrilled with the Robbie Anderson signing. I get he threw a fit last game, but I don't think he has a history of doing that.

As far as I know Anderson had some issues while being with the Jets as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers might benefit from having a better #2 tight end than Deguara though.

If Enagbare is able to perform on a similar level on an increased snap count the Packers might be fine at outside linebacker.

I agree on both accounts. I don't want us to have Deguara ever as the solid #2 in the sense of snap counts out there. He is however VERY proficient in the passing game and finding that medium depth space - and there is no doubt Rodgers finds him when he is in there. He is like I said the perfect #3 TE/FB for this offense....perhaps some of us expected more or I guess hoped for tick more but he for the most part has been what most thought he would be.

Enagbare in his few snaps this last week looked more fluid and natural...perhaps the game is starting to slow down and not be so daunting as it no doubt was for this rookie. If it starts clicking with him more and more I agree we might be fine.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many are guessing Steelers want a day 2 pick for Claypool. Saw one idea that made sense: Packers send Amari Rodgers & a 4th rounder for Claypool & a 7th.
If we tried to trade Amari alone at the moment we'd probably be getting a 7th rounder at best, so in my estimation it's more or less a 4th for Claypool which I'd take all day long, lol.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Claypool is moveable I really think it is going to take a Day 2 minimum type offer and you gotta hope to convince them to send him and a later Day 3 (6th or 7th) back with him.

If they'd take Amari I only see that sliding the needle of what you get back, not what it might take to get him...meaning maybe you do the following:

Packers send their 2023 3rd rounder
Pittsburgh sends Claypool plus a 2023 6th

or

Packers send their 2023 3rd rounder + Amari Rodgers
Pittsburgh sends Claypool plus a 2023 5th

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea who this guy is but again rumors flying around

Attachments

• 3B213E33-4A19-4C2D-87E3-B9842B75DA5C.png
    3B213E33-4A19-4C2D-87E3-B9842B75DA5C.png
    347.6 KB · Views: 72

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be a pleasant surprise. One in which I do not believe will happen.
They are always gonna be “in the mix” the same thing happened a few years ago with will fuller don’t get your hopes up on anyone lol expect alot of “rumors” leading up to the deadline as well as obj when he is close to signing as well

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea who this guy is but again rumors flying around

If you or anyone else honestly doesn't know who Chase Claypool is I'll outline some of the highlights of what I had on his draft profile as well as stats he's done since in the league:

He was a WR for Notre Dame - Measurements at time of draft was listed as 6'4' and 238lbs with hands at 9.875 and arm length of 32.5
Claypool played four years at ND putting up 2,159 yards in those years, with 1,037 yards in his final season in 2019 with 13 TDs on just 66 receptions.

Chase Claypool's RAS Score was near perfect at a 9.98
He ran a 4.42 40 yard dash (8.95 20 yd split / 1.56 10 yd split)
40.5 inch vertical
10'6' broad
19 reps on bench

Claypool to many was categorized as the best of both worlds from a possession big body WR that can high point a ball on jump balls, yet has the burst and acceleration to keep safeties honest on his side of the field.

Steelers drafted him 49th overall in the 2nd round of the 2020 NFL Draft which made him the 11th WR that draft (Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb/Reagor/Jefferson/Aiyuk/Higgins/Pittman Jr/Shenault/Hamler)

Of those 11 picked ahead of him, only Jefferson, Lamb, Higgins, Pittman have out produced Claypool in NFL yards and receptions. He has 12 touchdowns which only Jefferson, Higgins, Lamb and Aiyuk have more than him.

His NFL seasons have been as follows statistic wise:

YearAgeGGSTgtRecYdsY/RTD1DLngR/GY/GCtch%Y/Tgt
2020221661096287314.1941843.954.656.90%8
20212315131055986014.6235593.957.356.20%8.2
2022246636232259.8113263.837.563.90%6.3
Career3725250144195813.61289843.952.957.60%7.8

Reaction score
I’m thinking Amari Rodgers and Day1
Get rid of him. :cool: (Being sarcastic)

Claypool for a 2023 3rd rounder and we get their ‘23, 4th rounder.

Last edited:

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you or anyone else honestly doesn't know who Chase Claypool is I'll outline some of the highlights of what I had on his draft profile as well as stats he's done since in the league:

He was a WR for Notre Dame - Measurements at time of draft was listed as 6'4' and 238lbs with hands at 9.875 and arm length of 32.5
Claypool played four years at ND putting up 2,159 yards in those years, with 1,037 yards in his final season in 2019 with 13 TDs on just 66 receptions.

40.5 inch vertical
10'6' broad
19 reps on bench

Claypool to many was categorized as the best of both worlds from a possession big body WR that can high point a ball on jump balls, yet has the burst and acceleration to keep safeties honest on his side of the field.

Steelers drafted him 49th overall in the 2nd round of the 2020 NFL Draft which made him the 11th WR that draft (Ruggs/Jeudy/Lamb/Reagor/Jefferson/Aiyuk/Higgins/Pittman Jr/Shenault/Hamler)

Of those 11 picked ahead of him, only Jefferson, Lamb, Higgins, Pittman have out produced Claypool in NFL yards and receptions. He has 12 touchdowns which only Jefferson, Higgins, Lamb and Aiyuk have more than him.

His NFL seasons have been as follows statisti

40.5 inch vertical
10'6' broad
19 reps on bench

His NFL seasons have been as follows statistic wise:

YearAgeGGSTgtRecYdsY/RTD1DLngR/GY/GCtch%Y/Tgt
2020221661096287314.1941843.954.656.90%8
20212315131055986014.6235593.957.356.20%8.2
2022246636232259.8113263.837.563.90%6.3
Career3725250144195813.61289843.952.957.60%7.8
I meant Michael balko the guy that made the tweet.. lol I’m fully aware who claypool is as well as about 99 percent of nfl players in the league.
But A+ on the breakdown on claypool very informative!

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to get two receivers such as claypool dj moore Odell Lockett any body that’s actually solid to make up to be better than Adam’s they have had Adam’s and couldn’t go to the Super Bowl so talent wise one of those receivers even if they made a move isn’t gonna be enough

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is not a single WR you could add (even Adams back himself) that is going to change this terrible OL play, playcalling or massively underachieving Defense.
I said in the game thread …. forget about adding receivers … go out and trade whatever you can to get a decent O lineman… not a project … someone that can start today lol.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m thinking Amari Rodgers and Day1
Get rid of him. :cool: (Being sarcastic)

Claypool for a 2023 3rd rounder and we get their ‘23, 4th rounder.
If the Steelers slip any more they just may deal. But they are not a near sighted organization like the Raiders. They held on to Watt. Now if Claypool was with Vegas they WOULD make a deal.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to get two receivers such as claypool dj moore Odell Lockett any body that’s actually solid to make up to be better than Adam’s they have had Adam’s and couldn’t go to the Super Bowl so talent wise one of those receivers even if they made a move isn’t gonna be enough
By that thinking since GB couldn't get to the Super Bowl with Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon then we should go after Christian McCaffrey. Gute has limitations so we need to be content if he can get 1 new toy for AR. ;)

Reaction score
The only way you get him for that is if the other GM is near black out drunk
If you do the math, it’s really another version of a 4th Rounder (early to late) which someone already said they wouldn’t accept.

We’d likely have to trade a 2nd rounder for a 4th or something like that to peak their interest. Keep in mind he’s only got 1 season left on his rookie contract before it’s time to pony up $20M per season. So the 2nd rounder gets very appealing.
I doubt Brian would give up a 2nd rounder though, that’s a highly coveted area. He might offer a couple Day 3 selections though.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By that thinking since GB couldn't get to the Super Bowl with Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon then we should go after Christian McCaffrey. Gute has limitations so we need to be content if he can get 1 new toy for AR. ;)
Haha I get you but no we don’t need mccaffey he Probly wouldn’t get the ball. I don’t wanna get on a rant but jones is by far their best player on offense and lafleur absolutely refuses to give the ball to jones I get it two runnings is good but Dillon honestly imo isn’t very good he never breaks off any big runs and doesn’t plow people over like he should and he has no business out carrying Aaron jones… jones is WAYYYYY better and can break off a big run any moment I think half of our problem is coaching I’m most definitely ready to move on from lafleur he is so conservative imo and he can’t make an adjustment to save his life. Punts inside the 40 more than anybody and before we got odonnell they net like 17 yards in punts that go in the end zone why not go for it on 4th down or let your kicker try a field goal cuz the defense is giving up the 17 yards in two plays anyways.. lmaoooIf this season is lost can his *** and hire Payton they will be way better off I don’t care about Lafleurs record means nothing to me and nothing to show for it get someone in that can get it done thanks

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Claypool is moveable I really think it is going to take a Day 2 minimum type offer and you gotta hope to convince them to send him and a later Day 3 (6th or 7th) back with him.

If they'd take Amari I only see that sliding the needle of what you get back, not what it might take to get him...meaning maybe you do the following:

Packers send their 2023 3rd rounder
Pittsburgh sends Claypool plus a 2023 6th

or

Packers send their 2023 3rd rounder + Amari Rodgers
Pittsburgh sends Claypool plus a 2023 5th

Smart move would be to feature Amari in the slot since Cobb is out.

Some quality targets and Amari producing on the field is naturally beneficial for both.

If Amari Rogers balls out then his value will grow and there could be a trade market.

I think Claypool is a solid option and good fit for this offense.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is zero chance that Amari will have any trade value. It’s reading fans trying to talk themselves into a player being worth anything when he’s done nothing positive on a football field despite having the best QB in the league last year and there being a desperate need at receiver this year and doing nothing to fill it.

I have no doubt that Gute will claim he was interested in numerous receivers that would help this year’s Packers team immensely and i am 100% certain that he’ll be unwilling to do enough to actually get any of those receivers on the team. He covets this draft picks and the underwhelming players he can find in the draft too much to risk trading them for a known commodity at receiver.