Why I am not worried about the 49ers

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
With that defense of theirs? Yeah I would worry. But, not now. Maybe in January?

On the flip side they would be worried too, hard to beat a good team and great QB twice in one season.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would worry about them. They are right now one of the 3 best teams in the NFC without a doubt. It's one thing to underestimate their offense but do not underestimate their defense. Unless something drastically changes and it's way too early in the season to be projecting this far, they will be contenders this year.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I would love to see the Vikings first play of the game be a long pass to their speedy WR Wright going down the sidelines. The Niners would be stunned. With our coach, it will never happen. Be surprised if he try's it at during the game.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see the Vikings first play of the game be a long pass to their speedy WR Wright going down the sidelines. The Niners would be stunned. With our coach, it will never happen. Be surprised if he try's it at during the game.
I wouldn't say never. On the Vikes first possession of our preseason game Ponder went deep right over the middle of the field.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I wouldn't say never. On the Vikes first possession of our preseason game Ponder went deep right over the middle of the field.
Jarius Wright is expected to play. He's not very tall but he is very fast. We shall see if they try to get him downfield a few times.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that the Vikes could surprise the 9'ers and you know how they'll do it? By running right into the heart of that vaunted defense - running right AT the beast and I'm not just bleating neither. The team that beats those guys, and I mean BEATS them, crams the ball down their throat. I recognize that is simplistic and easy to talk about but unless an opponent beats them at their own game, they're not going to have a lot of success. I also recognize that a diehard 9'er fan is going to say "don't hold your breath"... but I've watched it happen and I love watching games like that. If any team is sitting around waiting for the new Alex Smith to make mistakes ... they're just going to be notching one up in the "L" column...and depending on Ponder isn't a game plan, it's a pipe dream.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The niners have given up three rushing td's in two years. I do agree that the team that beats them has to come out and be as physical as they are.

HansGruber

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Y'all won't get a chance for a rematch with the 49ers 'cuz they gotta get through us to get to the playoffs and we're going to beat their @$$es.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That loss was only week 1 our team was still rusty and needs to learn the chemistry between the new players.

Remember back in 2010 we lost to the Falcons everyone said the Falcons were the team to beat we went the distance during that game but came up short. But in the playoffs we trashed them and made Matty Ice into Matty Puddle.

Its not about how well a team does during the season its can they get red hot at the end. The Packers were Nova red hot no one on their best day could of betel them.

We still got a ways go to. But its too early to call anything just yet.

Wow Lunchboxer! For once in your life, other than your infamous Badger halftime prediction(hehe =) ) I was going to make a similar thread! I really agree it was only game one of the season, and as we all know, what it comes down to is if were hot and going during the playoffs.

I do have one concern though, I believe our defense improved and our offensive line may have improved(Possibly), our passing game is lacking from last year and before. I really thought the Bears was the team we would get it going, although we really didn't that much. Still hoping we just "need to get it going", maybe Seattle we will rise to the occasion but I doubt it. Our offense probably may not be able to repeat last season, and I need to get used to games being as close as they are.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the Bears to be heavily overrated by everyone but their own fans.

I do not believe the Packers are a bad team. Did they play well in week 1? Not well enough to win. I think a big part of why your offense couldn't get into a rhythm is because the Niner defense does a lot of things schematically to put themselves in advantageous positions. They also benefit from being able to rush just two linemen, and allow the rest of the defense to be playmakers.

Sure hope the last two minutes go in your favor..

L

Lunchboxer

Wow Lunchboxer! For once in your life, other than your infamous Badger halftime prediction(hehe =) ) I was going to make a similar thread! I really agree it was only game one of the season, and as we all know, what it comes down to is if were hot and going during the playoffs.

I do have one concern though, I believe our defense improved and our offensive line may have improved(Possibly), our passing game is lacking from last year and before. I really thought the Bears was the team we would get it going, although we really didn't that much. Still hoping we just "need to get it going", maybe Seattle we will rise to the occasion but I doubt it. Our offense probably may not be able to repeat last season, and I need to get used to games being as close as they are.

Hey that Badger halftime prediction was based on solid data at the time. I had ever reason to call it.

But it feels good getting something right.

Could the 49ner viking game be our Pack at Chiefs game last year?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Now the fans and the team might be brought back down to reality? Or did this really **** them off

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey that Badger halftime prediction was based on solid data at the time. I had ever reason to call it.

But it feels good getting something right.

Could the 49ner viking game be our Pack at Chiefs game last year?

Agreed! But I do think we need to improve our offense to compete as much as last year or 2011, our chances haven't decreased at all. We still have much of a chance as 2011, and last year, mark my words.

Hate to be the buzz killer, but I learned regular season doesn't mean **** other than records. Like last season we can go 15-1, one short of the perfect season, and become forgotten. BUT, ARod did set record numbers, we will be remembered by that! This year i'm looking forward to ARod improving his season stats(Not doing great...), but Mathews breaking the sack record(He could by alot).

If you don't win the superbowl, you won't be remembered. If you break a record, you will. Most people say records don't matter, but I will beg to differ. It defines a challenge. Many people have played the game, a record isn't something to look down upon.

Let me know how you agree. If not, I guess we need to agree to disagree. Not like I still don't enjoy football.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now the fans and the team might be brought back down to reality? Or did this really **** them off

Or just maybe they aren't quite as good as we, their fans and they think they are?

Speaking of pissed off I love it when Harbaugh gets into a rage. I hope the regular officials get back soon and shut up his pie hole.

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or just maybe they aren't quite as good as we, their fans and they think they are?

Speaking of pissed off I love it when Harbaugh gets into a rage. I hope the regular officials get back soon and shut up his pie hole.

Why even give the 49'er fan attention? ;p

Losing to the Vikings speaks enough ;D We lost to the 49'ers, acceptable, but the VIKINGS. Oh jesus, I would kill the season.

Members online

Latest posts