Why I am not worried about the 49ers

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ the hold out refs (originals) HAVE had good offers. I have read in several places that they can get up to as much as $150,000 per year......DAMN. Then they still complain that they can't live during the off season and they need a 2nd job......well....WAHHH WAHHH....cry me a river. For only having to work 5 months out of the years they get paid well. Get back to work you greedy bastards. Learn to budget yourself.

This one deserves a bump. Dumb post.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry rizzo, you need to listen/watch/research before making any type of list like that.

My top teams:
1 Houstan
2 Atlanta
3 49ers
4 Giants
5 Packers
6 Arizona
7 Ravens
8 Eagles
9 Bengals
10 Bears

That is just my opinion, but I beleive it to be a better list than yours. How could you leave off Houstan and Atlanta? Houstan has the best defense and are 3-0
Who left off Houston (o not a)?
I have them at #1.
You have a 1-2 team, which trails 9 other NFC teams, rated #5 overall? That's not biased is it, haha.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phew. I had to take a break from the interwebs after that game. I don't blame any of you for not worrying about the Niners now lol.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Who left off Houston (o not a)?
I have them at #1.
You have a 1-2 team, which trails 9 other NFC teams, rated #5 overall? That's not biased is it, haha.

YOU edited your original post. lol.......

And I had the packers there BEFORE the botched Seattle game. Now they are in the bottom 3rd of the league.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now the Niners have all the right pieces at the right time. They are a complete team..a juggernaut so to speak. Barring injuries, I won't believe they can be stopped until some team actually does just that. But that is why they play the game.
Well, here we are 3 months later, and they still have Gore healthy, Vernon Davis healthy, all their great OL healthy, Crabtree, Moss, Manningham healthy.
On defense, they still have both pro bowl ILBers healthy (Willis & Bowman).
Alden Smith is still healthy, so is Justin Smith.
So is their great safety Golston.

I hate the Niners now like I hate the Giants.

Here's my fair question to all you, except the ones with the attitude that our sh*t doesn't stink and we can't ever be beaten:
Do you think the Packers (especially the OL, DL, and tackling of the defense) are physical enough to beat San Francisco as healthy as they are, and especially in colder January weather? Would we rather play in SF than GB?

Are we physical enough to beat the Giants and the 49ers in that climate? We weren't last year even at 15-1/
And we weren't this year week 1 even though we were healthy, and it was warm weather.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is only Week 3. The 49ers could be destroyed by injuries by the time playoffs roll around.

So much could change between now and then that a conversation like this is beyond premature.

Or we could be :(

Woodson 7 games so far....
Matthews 3 games....
Jennings about 9 games....
Jordy 2, 3 games, more probably....
Shields 6 or 7 games, lingering....

IR'd, DONE
Perry
Benson
Bishop
DJ Smith
Starks
Bulaga

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Or we could be :(

Woodson 7 games so far....
Matthews 3 games....
Jennings about 9 games....
Jordy 2, 3 games, more probably....
Shields 6 or 7 games, lingering....

IR'd, DONE
Perry
Benson
Bishop
DJ Smith
Starks
Bulaga
Starks not on yet, we IR'd your boy White

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The NYG have proven that they can come up to GB during NASTY weather and beat us. The 49ers beat us early on during good weather, but if...if...if....they had to come to GB and play when it is sub zero and snow....doubt that they win. I fear the NYG more than the 49ers. Now if we go out to SF and play and it's 50-60 degrees and we have that west coast time zone, we lose.

H

HardRightEdge

The Advantage? Collin Kaepernick! Time to get fancy :devilish:

I've liked Kaepernick a lot since the Senior Bowl, and he could be something special with a full training camp and preseason taking #1 snaps. But there's been a lot of confusion on the SF line of scrimmage in those last 2 starts. Defenses adapt quickly and they're giving him looks he's not recognizing. He's in prime time pressure territory now, and that doesn't help. Too much too soon...it could work for us.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am little less worried about the 49ers given their coach-created QB controversy that has to be dividing their locker room just a little. Now that teams have tape on their new guy, things are not so rosy.

H

HardRightEdge

...has to be dividing their locker room just a little.

With things not going swimmingly, you can take that to the bank so far as the offensive squad is concerned.

Defensive guys usually just stick to their knitting (that could be a Rosie Greer reference, I guess), and that will always make these guys dangerous regardless of who throws the rock.

Members online

Latest posts